Florida to teach the positive aspects of slavery in Black history

According to those believing in Affirmative action, an outcome due to slavery I am told, Justice Clarence Thomas and heck, Justice Ketanji Brown come to mind.
The Supreme court has always operated on affirmative action.

Since the day it was set up.

You claim slavery benefitted black people.

Slavery held black people back and did not allow them to achieve any life goals that were not to the benefit of the master.

The people you name were not slaves.They benefitted from the abolition of slavery.

Slaves did not learn anything new in America that they had not learned at home. The were agriculturalists, metallurgists, livestock peoples, blacksmiths, teachers, students, etc. in Africa.
kangz.jpg

And there we have it. The authentic voice of desantis,
Why do you keep saying DeSantis says things that he hasn’t said? This a really boring, uncompelling discussion, just you writing fiction based on some narrative that you read on yahoo. You ought to think first and find out if what they report is true.

Why do you keep saying DeSantis says things that he hasn’t said? This a really boring, uncompelling discussion, just you writing fiction based on some narrative that you read on yahoo. You ought to think first and find out if what they report is true.
Exactly. Just because DeSantis backs this new educational version of slavery doesn't mean he has read it.

Why? Because he's a leftist lying pos.

Its true. The doc is on here.

Some good points, but that the brilliance and great skills of the enslaved manifested themselves PRIOR to emancipation is a crucial and heroic aspect of Black history.
I was mainly speaking on the benefits blacks gained from being enslaved i.e. trade skills & the like. I do not think making that the focus would be all that beneficial. It should be talked about if brought up, say if a student asks...but I don't think most black kids in school will find that as a positive, they will still be thinking: " So what? Slavery was wrong"...which is true...I think if one of the goals of education is to foster racial harmony & tolerance...focusing on the benefits gained from slavery isn't the way to go.

The soft bigotry of significantly low expectations on the black population from democrats never ceases to amaze me. Nearly all of their rhetoric and policy points to the belief that black people are helpless and incapable of independently succeeding in life..

We conservatives think they are capable of success in America just as much as any person of any color.

Democrats need to get on board with stopping the treatment of black people as inferior
This is exactly what makes white democrats the real white supremacy problem in America.

Forum List

Back