GOP Sen. Mike Braun Says Interracial Marriage Should Be Left To The States, backtracks

"In a media call on Tuesday, U.S Senator Mike Braun (R-Ind) said that the U.S. Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage in a ruling that stretches back to Loving v. Virginia in 1967. According to Braun, the decision should not have been made by the country’s highest court and instead been left to individual states. Even though some states had made interracial marriage illegal prior to the Supreme Court ruling.

On Tuesday evening, Braun sent out a statement saying he had “misunderstood a line of questioning that ended up being about interracial marriage” and condemned “racism in any form” saying there was “no question the Constitution prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race.”

Braun was right, but then he walked it back due to pressure from the woke left....why would he be weak like that? Why not stand on your Conservative beliefs and values?? No, the Constitution doesn't prohibit discrimination on the basis of race; it was perfectly legal for these 2 people to be arrested for the crime of marrying each other....and one must admit, the country was a much better place because of it...
View attachment 619858

Why did Braun bow down to political pressure?? Is it because of that black whore of a judge Ketanji Jackson?? Just because she married a white guy, we are supposed to pretend that the Conservative position against the legalization of miscegeny wasn't the right move?? What good is it to hold Conservative values and beliefs when you are going to just abandon them whenever it no longer looks good to believe them??

Yea, I know the convenient way to get around not looking racist when you rail against the legalization of interracial marriage is to claim "oh, I am just against the federal government telling states not to discriminate against people" -- but then that would mean Braun's statement of “no question the Constitution prohibits discrimination of any kind based on race” was complete bullshit, wouldn't it?
Anyone surprised?

If that was the case why wouldn't we want both parties to change their names, since crimes against humanity occured while both were in power.

Yeah but the Dimocrat party should be specifically targeted, I mean come on, the KKK might as well have been one of their PACS.

I couldn’t believe my ears but Sen Mike Braun just said that the Supreme Court was wrong to legalize interracial marriage

Are you f’ing kidding me?

This cuts to the heart of every American who’s ever been told that they’re not American enough, not loyal enough, not white enough

He spoke words that many repubs think.

He said he misunderstood the question and walked it back
Which was an obvious and shameless lie.

"The reporter asked again, reiterating the question and asking if Braun would be okay with Supreme Court leaving interracial marriage to the states.

Braun doubled down, saying “Yes, I think that is something that if you’re not wanting the Supreme Court to weigh in on issues like that, you’re not going to be able to have your cake and eat it too, it’s hypocritical.” - WANE TV

Some things government should stay the fuck out of:

Marriage
Gun ownership
Substances ingested
Money sending

Just to name a few..
Again, there are limits to everything

including the issues you listed

interracial marriage has been settled

but what about libs who want to marry their horse?

or their sister?

Forum List

Back