Have two minimum wages. One for under 18 and a living wage for over 18.

Have two minimum wages. One for under 18 and a living wage for over 18. Let these employers start paying a living wage or fill all their slots with kids. No more taking advantage of the poor!
Your thoughts.
No link needed.

So punish the young people with the ambition and initiative to want to work?

yeah, ok.

It a perfect economic system (I know we don’t have one) there would be no need for a minimum wage. Employers would be free to pay the market rate for labor, and workers would be free to expect pay commensurate with the work/value they provide. Those workers who provide more would move up the wage scale.

In a perfect system banks wouldn't have to lock their money up because everyone would know it's wrong to steal,

and everyone would abide by that moral principle.

Have two minimum wages. One for under 18 and a living wage for over 18. Let these employers start paying a living wage or fill all their slots with kids. No more taking advantage of the poor!
Your thoughts.
No link needed.
Why don't we just go straight to child labor? :rolleyes: You can't pay people two different wages for the same work. They did that for a long time to women and it isn't right: we all know it.

Your thoughts.
No link needed.

I don't think people should even get welfare until they've done a certain amount of work. However there would be cases where kids would potentially be able to get money to carry on in education, assuming they're taking their education seriously and passing their goals of course.

Your thoughts.
No link needed.
as an employer, which do i use? do i tell people trying to make a living flipping burgers i intended the job to be a summer or college one so i won't hire them so they can sue me for discrimination?

if someone is only qualified or ambitious enough to want to flip burgers for a living, how do i tell them this isn't their job when they are already demanding more than many paramedics make with an actual skill or investment in their skills?

interesting but i wonder how it could be pulled off.

People that need a wage capable of supporting a family need to have the skills/ability to perform a job that merits that pay. Society does not owe anyone a living.

That however does not preclude charity to those that need it.
Do these people know that they used to pay men more for the same work because men were supposedly supporting a family? And they paid black men less than white men because they were black, no other reason? It's discrimination.

Your thoughts.
No link needed.
Employers already prefer to hire high school and college students so this would only give them a legit reason.
well they don't HAVE to hire the mother of 3 either they can just continue to hire from their chosen market as long as it is there. where i live in the friso / north dallas area it's gone nuts for food places. buggers all over creation and certainly more than anyone really needs but it's also taken it's toll on the available "target market" which will drive up the salary to get more people to the stores as it is. wow, economy in action.

but employers will hire whoever can do the job for what they can pay to have that job done. whether or not someone can make a living off of it isn't really their problem.

Your thoughts.
No link needed.
We need one for over 65 also..

People that need a wage capable of supporting a family need to have the skills/ability to perform a job that merits that pay. Society does not owe anyone a living.

Do these people know that they used to pay men more for the same work because men were supposedly supporting a family? And they paid black men less than white men because they were black, no other reason? It's discrimination.
That was then. This is now.

Which means what? It's okay to discriminate now? Why?

Which means what? It's okay to discriminate now? Why?
No. You introduced discrimination into the conversation, not me.

Your thoughts.
No link needed.
How about instead of having 2 minimum wages for 'Temp-Type' Minimum Wage Jobs we work on bringing full-time jobs back from overseas, grow the economy, give business owners reason to create more full-time higher-paying jobs, and create better / more full-time jobs that pay more than the minimum wage? (Sorta like Trump is trying to do / is doing...)

Instead of being 100^% committed to ensuring the GOP, Trump, and America fails under the GOP's/Trump's leadership, maybe the Democrats could think about someone else other than themselves / their own party, jump on board the 'bus' and try being 100% committed to helping MAGA?!

Just a thought / suggestion.....

Why should someone's labor be exploited just because they are 18?

18 year olds need to pay for college. Because minimum wage is so low, they are forced to borrow money and go into debt just because employers refuse to compensate fairly

18 year olds need to pay for college. Because minimum wage is so low, they are forced to borrow money and go into debt just because employers refuse to compensate fairly
why should they make $15 to flip a burger when that is more than the market can really bear for that position?

as an employer it is not my job to pay you enough for your choices. it is up to you to find a job that will sustain your chosen lifestyle and improve your skills to the point where you can do this.

why should they make $15 to flip a burger when that is more than the market can really bear for that position?

as an employer it is not my job to pay you enough for your choices. it is up to you to find a job that will sustain your chosen lifestyle and improve your skills to the point where you can do this.

The "market" hasn't raised minimum wage in nine years
During that time, the price of beef for that burger has more than doubled
Somehow "the market" compensated

or1-15_clip_image002.png

The "market" hasn't raised minimum wage in nine years
During that time, the price of beef for that burger has more than doubled
Somehow "the market" compensated

or1-15_clip_image002.png
i don't give a shit what the market does. my job as an employer is to figure out how much i can pay a given position and find people to fill said position. if you need $60k a year to live then don't take my $35k a year job and bitch i'm not paying enough.

You are in favor of age discrimination?
The age of majority is generally 18. Those underage cannot vote, join the armed services or buy liquor.

When I turned 18, I had been in the Navy for 8 months.
Were you a liar then too?

I never have been a liar and never been a liberal. Is there a point to your insult? If there is, only you know what it might be.

Forum List

Back