How about a capital gains tax cut stimulus?

I'm not a Bernie fan...just the opposite...But when Bloomberg has so much money and Gates and others, anything over 1 billion dollars should be taxed at 50-60%. maybe even higher. That should go in to the government coffers and part back to the employees of the business.

So if we did that, why would any person make over 1 billion dollars? A new iPhone comes out that has features everybody wants. They only make so many because Apple has to stay under that 1 billion mark. Now you can't get one of these phones for yourself. What did you solve?
Good points.

Bernie has three houses. Lets get him down to two. He makes his money from being a senator. Something I not right when the only job these politicians have are the Congress and they live in Beverly Hills...something is SERIOUSLY wrong, Maxine as in Waters....
No one told you to vote for a supposed millionaire reality show star. If you dont want wealthy people in powerful positions then dont vote for them.

I'm not a Bernie fan...just the opposite...But when Bloomberg has so much money and Gates and others, anything over 1 billion dollars should be taxed at 50-60%. maybe even higher. That should go in to the government coffers and part back to the employees of the business.

So if we did that, why would any person make over 1 billion dollars? A new iPhone comes out that has features everybody wants. They only make so many because Apple has to stay under that 1 billion mark. Now you can't get one of these phones for yourself. What did you solve?
Good points.
Not a good point. Taxes have never kept people from being rich. Apple wouldn't stop making phones because profits would be taxed more. A silly argument.

Bernie has three houses. Lets get him down to two. He makes his money from being a senator. Something I not right when the only job these politicians have are the Congress and they live in Beverly Hills...something is SERIOUSLY wrong, Maxine as in Waters....
No one told you to vote for a supposed millionaire reality show star. If you dont want wealthy people in powerful positions then dont vote for them.
Trump made his billions in real estate and building. Talk about a great deal makers! Thank God he was here when we had the pandemic. Just think where we would be if we hadn't had the great 10,000 point rally!

Good points.
Not a good point. Taxes have never kept people from being rich. Apple wouldn't stop making phones because profits would be taxed more. A silly argument.

So they would continue to manufacture phones if they had to give more than half of their earnings to the government? Don't you believe it. Nobody would work for half of the money they earn, and many less people would invest.

Good points.

So they would continue to manufacture phones if they had to give more than half of their earnings to the government? Don't you believe it. Nobody would work for half of the money they earn, and many less people would invest.
Of course they would. Taxes used to be much higher, didn't stop them before. Your idea is silly.

Small segment? You think that people who have a working mate, or people who have a paid off mortgage, or both, are a small segment of our population?

Compared to those who have a mortgage, scraping by living paycheck to paycheck? Yes.

I disagree. Most of the people I know are married or living with somebody like a girlfriend or boyfriend. Most are two income households. The people who "scrape by" are younger and not established yet. I know I struggled for the first ten years or so after moving out on my own.

You're right most Amerindians are wealthy.

Don't trip over this ---> 78% Of Workers Live Paycheck To Paycheck

And how many of those Americans have the latest smart phone, with unlimited everything plans for them and their family? How many of them have cable or satellite television with 500 stations plus all the special features they pay for? How many of them take very nice vacations every year? How old or new are their vehicles? How many times a month do they eat out?

I don't know, since you made the point I guess that's on you to demonstrate.

What we would have considered luxuries years ago, people today call necessities, even though they're really not. I never had any of these things growing up, and even through the earlier years of my life. So I know it can be done.

Sure, there was a time when shoe laces were unheard of, what's your point?

My point is it's not so much of an earning problem for those people than it is a spending problem. If you operate your household like our government, of course (like our government) you're never going to have enough money.

I just cannot imagine having 20 billion dollars and owning the business without sharing the profits with the employees. Any employee who worked there for three years could start getting shares of stock for their loyalty and good work.

Trump made his billions in real estate and building. Talk about a great deal makers! Thank God he was here when we had the pandemic. Just think where we would be if we hadn't had the great 10,000 point rally!
Drumpf is great at making all type of deals illegal or otherwise but he is incompetent as a leader. If I want to buy a sack of shit for the lowest price then Drumpf is who I would hire to negotiate the deal.

I just cannot imagine having 20 billion dollars and owning the business without sharing the profits with the employees. Any employee who worked there for three years could start getting shares of stock for their loyalty and good work.

Profit sharing is becoming a thing of the past. I used to deliver to only one company that had it. When the company sold to another company, the new company got rid of it.

That doesn't mean you cannot get profits from your company, you just have to buy your own companies stock like everybody else.

Profit sharing is becoming a thing of the past. I used to deliver to only one company that had it. When the company sold to another company, the new company got rid of it.

That doesn't mean you cannot get profits from your company, you just have to buy your own companies stock like everybody else.
Yes workers get less and less....

Yes they do, and the only way for workers to get more and more is to be worth more. Government cannot do that, only the individual can.

Yes they do, and the only way for workers to get more and more is to be worth more. Government cannot do that, only the individual can.
Corporation own the government and make sure that doesn't happen.

Yes, that's what I said. Watching these liberals, and even Republicans alike, striving to save our markets, economy and jobs by passing out checks, would that really do much of anything? I don't think so.

Help? Perhaps a little bit. But ask yourself: if the government gave you a tax-free $1,000 one-time check, what would you do with it, and more importantly, how would your actions aid in economic stability or recovery?

I for one would put my check towards my car loan. Some might payoff a credit card. Some, an extra mortgage payment. Others might take advantage of the low stock prices these days. But is that enough?

Long term capital gains taxes range from 0% to 20% depending on the amount of your investment. Instead of passing out checks, and putting us yet another trillion more in debt, wouldn't it make more sense for a 120 day 2% capital gains tax???

More complicated in figuring income tax by your tax preparer, or yourself? Perhaps However my belief is that investors are looking for the slightest sign of getting back into the market to take advantage of buy low-sell high. A huge reduction in taxes for 120 days (long enough for this virus hysteria to decrease) might give an extra incentive to invest money back into the market right now.

It's more than just the stock market, because if you sell your home at a profit, you get taxed on the capital gains. Such a move might help in new housing along with the market. The best part? No government Wall Street bailout as well.
Capital gains are already faxed at too low a rate.

Drumpf is great at making all type of deals illegal or otherwise but he is incompetent as a leader. If I want to buy a sack of shit for the lowest price then Drumpf is who I would hire to negotiate the deal.
You know, at some point we all have to realize we are in a very serious time. We don't know where we are headed and the last thing we want to do if fight over whether we have a good president or not. Good, bad or indifferent, he's our only hope that we come out of this whole. Let's stop the childish remarks about Trump and just pray that he gets us out of this global mess. I'm not going to talk about his attributes. Let's just pray we get out of this!

You know, at some point we all have to realize we are in a very serious time. We don't know where we are headed and the last thing we want to do if fight over whether we have a good president or not. Good, bad or indifferent, he's our only hope that we come out of this whole. Let's stop the childish remarks about Trump and just pray that he gets us out of this global mess. I'm not going to talk about his attributes. Let's just pray we get out of this!
I disagree. He is by no means our only hope. We are going to get through this despite Drumpfs incompetent silly ass. People want leadership and someone will step up. In the meantime people much more intelligent than Drumpf will figure it out. Again despite the orange idiot currently in office.

I disagree. He is by no means our only hope. We are going to get through this despite Drumpfs incompetent silly ass. People want leadership and someone will step up. In the meantime people much more intelligent than Drumpf will figure it out. Again despite the orange idiot currently in office.
I just put a post on another thread that I don't want to play this game of Trump is a good president, he is a bad president. No matter who will be or is the president now will have my support. I'm not going to fight you with mindless slams against our president. This year and who over is president next year will have my support. That is the least I can do. The flag I fly is for my country, not the president.

I just put a post on another thread that I don't want to play this game of Trump is a good president, he is a bad president. No matter who will be or is the president now will have my support. I'm not going to fight you with mindless slams against our president. This year and who over is president next year will have my support. That is the least I can do. The flag I fly is for my country, not the president.
No doubt he is a horrible and incompetent president. We knew this before the virus. Now his bitch ass is responsible for the deaths of the elderly that he convinced to believe the virus was a hoax meant to hurt him. Its unforgivable what he has done.

No doubt he is a horrible and incompetent president. We knew this before the virus. Now his bitch ass is responsible for the deaths of the elderly that he convinced to believe the virus was a hoax meant to hurt him. Its unforgivable what he has done.
Your tirade against the president does not help anyone. Least of all....you. You are an angry, hateful person.

So who are these elderly that died which you speak of? Care to give us any reports on that, names, places?

I didn't think so.

Forum List

Back