Militray service and politics

http://fl1.findlaw.com/news.findlaw.com/hdocs/docs/jkerry/perscasualtyrpt.pdf

I have had the chance to review most of Sen. Kerry's Naval record the above being one of them. Most if not all of his records support an Officer that served this nation in an honorable fashion and in some cases above and beyond the call of duty. While I do believe that after leaving the service his actions brought much dishonor on himself and the US Navy and indeed the very honorable way in which he himself conducted himself as an Officer. I will not use that a method to call into question his service which is well documented. Granted, not having the ability to stand on the Deck of his boat during his actions and to see first hand his actions to verify this, I will also not call into question the honor of the Flag Officer who thought enough of his abilities to present him with a silver star and one I have much respect for. (Vice Admiral Elmo Zumwalt).

The thing is that a man's actions in war vs. what that man may or may not have done during his life as a civilian can be judged as separate issues and it's my humble opinion especially in Sen. Kerry's case that applies here.

Last edited:
:lol:

Jake..at the very least..the General that sends his men off the fight should appear to look like he would join the fight himself.

That's not Romney.

He's against putting himself in harm's way to pursue a cause he believes in.

That's a pretty big character flaw.

Most of the highest level of generals are too old to enter a combat zone and most certainly do not look like they would join the fight.

A CiC is not a general. He does not assist in tactical decisions and is only briefed on WHAT is going to be done...and what the result was. It is the JCo that make the recommendations and the CiC who, by law, approves.

Your partisnaship has you speaking like a child. It is quite unbecoming of you.

Not to mention that you are by no means qualified to determine what motivates military personnel.

Well the fact you have to get personal here..shows you have no real cognizant defense of this behavior.

The fact remains..most people who use religion to avoid fighting in a war do so because they have a real conviction that war is wrong..and that killing other human beings is wrong.

That wasn't the case with Romney.

Sallow, you got personal, so stop that nonsense.

American generals don't fight in combat since the event of modern warfare.

The old folk send the young folk out to get their asses shot at.

Tha'ts the way it is.

I was a recuirter, I saw guys and girls come back from MEPS that could not join either because they refused to sign or they told the screener that they had an homosexual relationship. Bodey and Peach are full of shit.

Ah...but you still have to provide the exact wording of the questions asked...have you?

BTW...if I had been asked if I was in a homosexual relationship when I joined...my answer would honestly have been "No."

AR 601-270 Section K5. (sf 93) If you served during the 70's/80's/90's you had a medical screen and these questions were asked. I am done with your lies.
You STILL have not quoted the exact question. Do so. (Guessing you either have NO clue what was asked...or you do and know that linking the actual questions will blow your argument right out of the water)

At least they aren't out trying to sound like a "real good guy" like Warren Buffett who claims he wants to pay more taxes, yet he owes what about a billion in back taxes he refuses to pay?

Oh, is it a left-wing thing to attack the children and grandchildren of Republican candidates, yeah, it is.

Left wing? I attacked Republicans for supporting Cheney who dodged the draft 5 times while never blinking when sending other people's children to wars he would never have fought.

Romney's family has reaped the cream at the top of American society. Most old time Dems and Repubs of old felt a sense of obligation for their place in society. What the hell is wrong with these 1%ers?

Take, and never give? Romney is always talking about keeping America strong. He wants a strong America? It's time for his ilk to step up and sacrifice. The main reason troops had so many tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT enough loud and proud flag wavers volunteered when needed.

The military had all the volunteers they were allowed to have...........

If he was the CO of the Swift Boat and he was recommended for a purple heart while in command of that swift boat, then ONLY HE can recommend a purple heart. Only he or his next in command if his life was lost.

Now, I dont know if he was the CO.....I dont really care...but if he was, then only he can recommend himself for the purple heart.

Were COs of river boats treated as real COs? Or more like OinCs? He was only an LT.....and then there is the issue of....one may recommend....but it STILL has to be approved by those up the Chain of Command.

Whether a CO or an OiC.....he/she is the only one who makes the recommendation. A final decision is based on the details of the recommendation; not based on the report of a medic or medical facility.

I am going to be frank with you. I do not know the detials of the Kerry situation....but anyone who questioned them should be ashamed of themselves. Kerry was not put in a position of command based on his friendships. He was put there based on his integrity at the time; his training, his experience, and his assumed liklihood of success.

Those in the military should know better.

Those sporting the purple heart band aids at the 2004 RNC disgusted me. And that the RNC approved such items being bought and worn disgusted me.

Ah...but you still have to provide the exact wording of the questions asked...have you?

BTW...if I had been asked if I was in a homosexual relationship when I joined...my answer would honestly have been "No."

AR 601-270 Section K5. (sf 93) If you served during the 70's/80's/90's you had a medical screen and these questions were asked. I am done with your lies.

I need to interject here. I ran my own little "test" yesterday and whereas I did not tell her, Bodecea passed with flying coloirs. The babe is true military. Did she lie about her sexuality to get in? Maybe. Good for her. Sexual orientation is a non factor anyway.

Are you aware of how many men lied about their age back during WWII? Did they serve with less honor becuase of this?

How did you vet her with out knowing SSN.

I am not denying her service, she obviously knows the lingo. She called me a liar when I said you had to tell the Military wether or not you were gay, I was a recruiter, I know exactly what you had to divulge in your medical screen. I could give a fuck if she lied to get in, but if she was in my unit and it was found out that she was having relations with other female sailors, especially lower rank and younger, I would have gone out of my way to boot her out.

NLT, that language was not required when she entered. She was asked whether she had ever had a homosexual encounter not whether she was homosexual. Did your Command Sergeant Major exceed his authority in wrongfully issuing such changes to his subordinate recruiters? If so, a violation of the UCMJ occurred.

I agree with you on wrongful fraternization. I helped ensure that several officers and NCOs left the service for dipping where they did not belong. Leaders who did those types of things are infuriating to those who are trying to create and lead an outstanding in very trying times.

Last edited:
NLT, that language was not required when she entered. She was asked whether she had ever had a homosexual encounter not whether she was homosexual. Did your Command Sergeant Major exceed his authority in wrongfully issuing such changes to his subordinate recruiters? If so, a violation of the UCMJ occurred.

I agree with you on wrongful fraternization. I helped ensure that several officers and NCOs left the service for dipping where they did not belong. Leaders who did those types of things are infuriating to those who are trying to create and lead an outstanding in very trying times.

The same medical form (sf 93) was used all through the 70's 80's and 90's. When you went through MEPS or AFFES you had a medical screen and the question of wether you had engaged in a homosexual relationship or if you were an homosexual was asked by the medical screening officer. If she is retired from the Navy after 20 years, she was asked this question during her preinduction medical screen. They did not change the form until DADT.

You STILL have not quoted the exact question. Do so. (Guessing you either have NO clue what was asked...or you do and know that linking the actual questions will blow your argument right out of the water)

You know the question, you were asked it. I done all your homework for you. Stop lying

I need to interject here. I ran my own little "test" yesterday and whereas I did not tell her, Bodecea passed with flying coloirs. The babe is true military. Did she lie about her sexuality to get in? Maybe. Good for her. Sexual orientation is a non factor anyway.

Are you aware of how many men lied about their age back during WWII? Did they serve with less honor becuase of this?

I am not denying her service, she obviously knows the lingo. She called me a liar when I said you had to tell the Military wether or not you were gay, I was a recruiter, I know exactly what you had to divulge in your medical screen. I could give a fuck if she lied to get in, but if she was in my unit and it was found out that she was having relations with other female sailors, especially lower rank and younger, I would have gone out of my way to boot her out.

Still waiting for the exact question from the recruitment questionairre. How odd that you claim to know this stuff and yet we get NO evidence of the exact question asked from you.

Both Seawytch and I have provided the question....and yet you ignore it and go on EVADING.....yes, you are lying about this. Your bitterness over women who have obviously bested you in life, in work, in love has addled your mind.

I nor My CMC, would ask the recruits anything medical. It was done at MEPS or AFEES by the Medical Officer.

I nor My CMC, would ask the recruits anything medical. It was done at MEPS or AFEES by the Medical Officer.

Then you are engaged in second-hand, anecdotal memory if you don't know first hand.

Still waiting for the exact question from the recruitment questionairre. How odd that you claim to know this stuff and yet we get NO evidence of the exact question asked from you.

Both Seawytch and I have provided the question....and yet you ignore it and go on EVADING.....yes, you are lying about this. Your bitterness over women who have obviously bested you in life, in work, in love has addled your mind.

Never said you were asked question from a recuirting questionairre, quit trying to twist the issue. I said you were asked during the medical screen by the medical officer, unless you joined after DADT you had to answer the question. I know what you said, "I wasnt gay then". (which I dont believe, I thought all you gaysay you were born that way and it was not a decision). Does not change the fact that you were asked the question.

Last edited:

You know the question, you were asked it. I done all your homework for you. Stop lying

Oh look, for a supposed recruiter who supposedly knows the question asked....you still have not provided the exact question for us to see. Hmmm....I wonder why you won't or can't do so. Hmmmm.

Never said you were asked question from a recuirting questionairre, quit trying to twist the issue. I said you were asked during the medical screen by the medical officer, unless you joined after DADT you had to answer the question. I know what you said, "I wasnt gay then". (which I dont believe, I thought all you gays were born that way and it was not a decision). Does not change the fact that you were asked the question.

You say I was asked the question by a Medical Officer? Uh, no I was not. It was during my Officer Candidate interview. How interesting that for a supposed recruiter you did not know that.

Forum List

Back