Powers of pardon need to be restricted.

Governors & presidents too often get carried away with this crap. Trump seems to be no different.

Real Presidents wait until the end of their term...in most cases. trump hands pardons out like candy.

Everyone knows that he is sending a message to Manafort...Cohen....Flynn and others that committed criminal collusion with Moscow.

trump is a Leach on the US.
Actually Trump is trying to correct a wrong.
I think talking about pardoning Martha Stewart was possibly a rub at Hillary.

yeah bbn pardoning jack Johnson, was such a horrible thing....what a racist trump is.

jimh2 wants him to follow the norms...nope

Governors & presidents too often get carried away with this crap. Trump seems to be no different.

Real Presidents wait until the end of their term...in most cases. trump hands pardons out like candy.

Everyone knows that he is sending a message to Manafort...Cohen....Flynn and others that committed criminal collusion with Moscow.

Per the norm...you are incorrect. Trump is the first "real" President this
country has had in a long time. These so-called former "real Presidents"
did wait until they didn't have to face reelection again. That makes them
a phony not real.

He reviews as he goes. If he sees something he didn't like, he cuts them
loose. That's the way it should be.

bingo....the left isn't used to a man with balls.....we're not all pussies using manbags

Ya know…it does uncover an interesting scenario

Lets say for the sake of argument that Trump is clean….knows he is clean and he did nothing wrong.

In other words, lets pretend that Trump is innocent (as hard as that may be) and that he is the little angel that his enablers say he is and that all of this is some sort of vendetta against poor old donald…

Why not issue a blanket pardon to former director Mueller, giving him license to violate any federal law to uncover dirt that Trump knows isn’t there…

That would send a message that he’s not afraid. Of course it would never get used, Mueller wouldn’t break the law but it would show how unworried he is about the investigation instead of the smear campaign, the lies, the shading of the truth, the sleaze, the rationalizations….
so he's guilty until proven innocent?

Trump? That is my opinion that he’s guilty.

The investigation continues.
guilty of having sex...that's really EVIL

And Obooba pardoned hundreds of drug pushers
And nobody question if the Powers of pardon needed to be restricted.
The hate for Trump is unbelievable
They all hate Trump because he is a real president, not just a political head of party. Fear not Trump will get 25 percent of the black vote next election

It is something that is a giant anachronism to our system. I’ve never understood why it is there to start with.

Good post.

It is part of the checks and balances system, giving the executive an override of both the judiciary and the legislature in specific instances.

Before trying to get rid of it, first people should try to see what would happen if it was removed.

It would make the Judiciary supreme over the executive in all situations.
....they already have checks and balances with the judges and appeals that can override juries

that is still the same branch, not a check or balance on a branch.

It is something that is a giant anachronism to our system. I’ve never understood why it is there to start with.

Good post.

It is part of the checks and balances system, giving the executive an override of both the judiciary and the legislature in specific instances.

Before trying to get rid of it, first people should try to see what would happen if it was removed.

....they already have checks and balances with the judges and appeals that can override juries

it is a check....the juries vote....then there are the appeals...the judges can override the juries....it is a check

Good post.

it's exactly what the POTUS does --override the jury

Good post.

it is a check....the juries vote....then there are the appeals...the judges can override the juries....it is a check

An internal check, not an external check.

Good post.

An internal check, not an external check.
still a check ...it doesn't need an outside check---
the government has the outside checks .....
...plus the Senate/House/community alderman/cities/etc pass and enable/etc the laws..... that's an outside check

The Pardon Power of the president is fine. We have never had anyone in the oval office that used it to obstruct the investigation into his administration. If course...we have never had a Mafia Boss as President before now.

Since thus man has no ethics and no conscious....he will use it to inflict revenge on his political opponents....not unlike Hitler, Stalin, Noriega, and other dictators.

Since the GOP congress is acting like a neutered lapdog....he will probably get away with it. The country is is peril like never before.

How did Trump get carried away?

He has only made a handful pardons, compared to other presidents.

He could have traded a few terrorists to get a traitor back.

The Pardon Power of the president is fine. We have never had anyone in the oval office that used it to obstruct the investigation into his administration. If course...we have never had a Mafia Boss as President before now.

Since thus man has no ethics and no conscious....he will use it to inflict revenge on his political opponents....not unlike Hitler, Stalin, Noriega, and other dictators.

Since the GOP congress is acting like a neutered lapdog....he will probably get away with it. The country is is peril like never before.

Once again the far left propaganda machine not based in reality is running again, as for them history starts at 2016, moved up from 2003.

It is amazing how they just ignore the Clintons..

Funny how the libs never see a problem of excess until conservatives get in power and start doing as they have done! Then things are way WAY out of control! ;)

Good post.

But doesn’t this make the executive supreme?

I don’t have strong feelings either way on it, aaparently it was a legacy of the British.

Funny how the libs never see a problem of excess until conservatives get in power and start doing as they have done! Then things are way WAY out of control! ;)
I bitched about Obama's pardons too. And if you think I'm a leftie you need your head checked

Good post.

The executive check on the judiciary already exist in the Presidential power to nominated judges.

but after they are on the bench??

martybegan set me straight on that. He won, I lost. However, I still think the principle of the impeachment—to where one person can set aside the work of a jury and potentially appellate judges does violence to our judicial system. I mean, it will never happen but theoretically the next president could free every federal prisoner without retribution, without debate, without any input from the other two branches. It, in and of it self, seems like an unchecked power. But, hey, our system also allows one senator to bring legislation to a grinding halt…. So there are a lot of rules that we have that do not favor the old “majority rules” edict. Again, Marty set me straight on this.

Lets say for the sake of argument that Trump is clean….knows he is clean and he did nothing wrong.

In other words, lets pretend that Trump is innocent (as hard as that may be) and that he is the little angel that his enablers say he is and that all of this is some sort of vendetta against poor old donald…

Why not issue a blanket pardon to former director Mueller, giving him license to violate any federal law to uncover dirt that Trump knows isn’t there…

That would send a message that he’s not afraid. Of course it would never get used, Mueller wouldn’t break the law but it would show how unworried he is about the investigation instead of the smear campaign, the lies, the shading of the truth, the sleaze, the rationalizations….

$12 million dollars in direct costs.....untold amounts of wasted resources and expense.....and they still have no evidence of any Russian Collusion.
As long as the investigation continues you libs figure there's something to it.
But the moment it ends all of your hopes and dreams go up in smoke.

So what we have is an investigation that was started illegally over no crime according to federal statutes.....and all of it is only intended to keep guilty parties (Hillary and Obama and their administration) from being indicted for treason and espionage, as well as a long list of other crimes against the Constitution.

Again, you should tour with this material. Take Roseanne and Cosmo Kramer with you…birds of the feather.

So we have guilty pleas to no crimes? A new precedent in out legal system ladies and gentlemen!!!!
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hey, we also got the Ben-gotcha standard…this can and should go on for years.

Except Captain Mueller has already indicted several of the henchmen that private shin-splints enlisted as his Russian go-betweens.

More on the way.

The only thing that matters is that the truth is uncovered right? And we should give director Mueller as much time as he needs.

You do want the truth to come out…right?

Rhetorical question…you don’t need to try to find some integrity to answer

So he is guilty and the investigation is just a show???

That's how banana repulics work.

I’m not allowed to have my opinion?

of what?

Obstruction of justice.

Forum List

Back