Rick Santorum: Rape Victims Should 'Make The Best Out Of A Bad Situation'

No, I'm hard line.

Nobody promotes forcing women to bear children that will kill them. That's a fantasy of the left. What it indicates about them I don't know, but it ties in with their view of babies as foul little succubi monsterlings waiting to suck the life out of their mothers.

Last edited:
While I totally get what you're saying... the simple fact is that it is an outrage to force a woman in that situation to have the child. It's fine and dandy in theory... but it's real life to some women. I would hope that they would have the courage to have the child and put it up for adoption... but never in a million years would I dare look that woman in the eye and say 'you MUST have this kid'. And I am seriously pro life. To me, there would be no decision... but I am not other women and they have the right to choose differently. That's part of being a conservative.

Then, you are so not pro-life. If you allow the decision to be made by the mother or the woman that is pregnant. You forfeit your right to be pro-life.
You will not agree but that is the fact.
If the government will pass some law that they make the decision the 3rd party has no say in the situation.
Therefore, you are pro-choice.
All of those that would change the circumstance and protect their own and allow the choice to be made by the woman, if they be in their family, are liars. They are not pro-life.

Kosher girl is pro-life

She just not a Hard-line pro-life supporter. Kind of like on the moderate pro-life side of the (Choice/life) spectrum. She is the kind of person that makes it difficult to ban abortion right out!

No, you cannot make the stand as being pro-life and then make exceptions.
There is no middle ground.
You cannot have it both ways, either you are allowing people to make the choice, or you are not, period.
:eusa_shhh:

No, I'm hard line.

Nobody promotes forcing women to bear children that will kill them. That's a fantasy of the left. What it indicates them I don't know, but it ties in with their view of babies as foul little succubi monsterlings waiting to suck the life out of their mothers.

Obviously you don't get it either and there is the problem with right wingers.
You cannot be on the fence.
Get it.
:eusa_whistle:

Then, you are so not pro-life. If you allow the decision to be made by the mother or the woman that is pregnant. You forfeit your right to be pro-life.
You will not agree but that is the fact.
If the government will pass some law that they make the decision the 3rd party has no say in the situation.
Therefore, you are pro-choice.
All of those that would change the circumstance and protect their own and allow the choice to be made by the woman, if they be in their family, are liars. They are not pro-life.

Kosher girl is pro-life

She just not a Hard-line pro-life supporter. Kind of like on the moderate pro-life side of the (Choice/life) spectrum. She is the kind of person that makes it difficult to ban abortion right out!

You cannot have it both ways, either you are allowing people to make the choice, or you are not, period.

Watch me.

Again, arguing to a point that doesn't exist. This is the progressive method. Pretend that if the opponent believes one thing, they must necessarily believe another, and act like it's a foregone conclusion.

I'm hardline.

There is NO pro-life agency that promotes "abortion" when the life of the mother is at stake. If you know differently, kindly cite that.

You won't, because you're lying.

Kosher girl is pro-life

Watch me.

Again, arguing to a point that doesn't exist. This is the progressive method. Pretend that if the opponent believes one thing, they must necessarily believe another, and act like it's a foregone conclusion.

I'm hardline.

There is NO pro-life agency that promotes "abortion" when the life of the mother is at stake. If you know differently, kindly cite that.

Taking your lie and projecting it onto me does not change the fact you are not pro-life if you make exceptions. End of story.
Sorry.

The tiny handful of women who face death if they carry a child to term have HISTORICALLY been able to obtain medical abortions, even before RvW. I've pointed this out several times, in this thread. The mantra that "if we don't have abortion women will be forced to have babies that will KILL them!! Oh the horror!" is just a lib mob slogan, and has absolutely no basis in fact.

Watch me.

I'm hardline.

Taking your lie and projecting it onto me does not change the fact you are not pro-life if you make exceptions. End of story.
Sorry.

Cite it, liar.

End of story.

Watch me.

I'm hardline.

Sorry.

Cite it, liar.

End of story.

Still, you cannot be Pro-Life and make acceptions. It makes no sense whatsoever. So making the statement you do makes you not what you propose to be.

"exceptions"

And for the third time..please provide evidence of the pro lifers who promote forcing women to bear children that will kill them.

This is just like watching two idiots argue with each other!

Oh, wait....

The tiny handful of women who face death if they carry a child to term have HISTORICALLY been able to obtain medical abortions, even before RvW. I've pointed this out several times, in this thread. The mantra that "if we don't have abortion women will be forced to have babies that will KILL them!! Oh the horror!" is just a lib mob slogan, and has absolutely no basis in fact.

If you reverse Roe vs. Wade, then the people wanting abortions are going to go back to the illegal ones.

Lots of women died from back alley abortions, should we return to that time?

Another lie.

"lots" did not die. The year before RvW, I think there were 6 who died.

We still have that many dying now, and more.

It wasn't a theory, it was just a number.

Still a ridiculously low number, and we're still killing the same amount or more with legal abortions.

From your source: "Researchers believe the higher rate of deaths related to accidents and homicide may be linked to higher rates of suicidal or risk-taking behavior.16" Thus, the abortion is a symptom, not a cause, of other issues. What would be interesting would be to correlate these deaths with the lives that went on and how well with those women. What the researches don't correlate is the impact of rape and incest as factors in pregnancy and then abortion.

Very interesting source, koshergirl.

If you reverse Roe vs. Wade, then the people wanting abortions are going to go back to the illegal ones.

Lots of women died from back alley abortions, should we return to that time?

50 million CHILDREN have been aborted since it became legal..what about their life?

From your source: "Researchers believe the higher rate of deaths related to accidents and homicide may be linked to higher rates of suicidal or risk-taking behavior.16" Thus, the abortion is a symptom, not a cause, of other issues. What would be interesting would be to correlate these deaths with the lives that went on and how well with those women. What the researches don't correlate is the impact of rape and incest as factors in pregnancy and then abortion.

Very interesting source, koshergirl.

Actually, no, logical fallacy, there's no logical reason to make that assumption.

The understanding in the industry is that abusers/rapists/etc. use abortion to hide their crimes. So women who get abortions are naturally at higher risk of continued violence and abuse because the crime IS hidden.

Forum List

Back