So Systemic Racism Ended in the 1980's LMAO!

Spot on. The only "proof" we will ever see of this mythical Systemic Racism is minorities stopped by cops more often that white people. As I have written multiple times, I am totally convinced that is true since my black and hispanic friends have all told me they have been stopped multiple times. As you stated, that is NOT systemic racism. Those are racist individuals asserting their authority incorrectly.

I got a solution to fixing cars for the "working poor" that involves CO-Ops and corporate sponsors. Not the place for it in this thread. Besides, I get paid now for that kind of problem-solving. LOL...

If you truly believe all racism in the USA has ended, would you be willing to live as a Black person in this country?

Dont think the poster said that -- the thread here is about "SYSTEMIC racism. Not just individuals or small groups. Can YOU define "systemic racism" as opposed to the remaining fragment of individuals who are haters -- no matter WHAT their skin color is? I can't. IM2 says EVERY INSTITUTION in America -- including maybe the hockey teams and post offices are SYSTEMICALLY racist. Please help define that.

It certainly has been around for a long time, but the vitriol coming at White people today hasn't been this bad since the Black Nationalist movement of the 60s.
The vitiol coming at white people? :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :cuckoo:

I think some of the problem is that liberals think “systemic” means widespread (and I don’t think it’s as widespread as they would have us believe). Either way, systemic means built into policies and laws, such as we see wih universities devising policies to advantage blacks over whites when it comes to admissions.

Dont think the poster said that -- the thread here is about "SYSTEMIC racism. Not just individuals or small groups. Can YOU define "systemic racism" as opposed to the remaining fragment of individuals who are haters -- no matter WHAT their skin color is? I can't. IM2 says EVERY INSTITUTION in America -- including maybe the hockey teams and post offices are SYSTEMICALLY racist. Please help define that.
The term has been defined. Your stubborn refusal to accept its reality is not our problem. I said every institution. Sports is entertainment. Entertainment is an institution. Just like Education, Business, Legal, and Political. You live as a white person who believes right-wing ideology. In that ideology, there is a refusal to accept racism exists against anyone except whites. In that ideology, there is a tendency to dismiss racism or make claims of its irrelevance. Then as a republican politically the claim is that racism is used as a tool by democrats. Somehow in all this, blacks are unable to see things and think for themselves. Then there are the unsupported claims of how great every other nonwhite group is doing and so blacks are just complaining about our failure.

All of these beliefs are delusional, but people who believe these things are dogmatic and no amount of evidence can be shown to them that changes their opinion. Any evidence not fitting their dogma is liberal propaganda or falling for some kind of democratic trick. They argue incessantly about not judging people as groups all while grouping people as liberals or leftists and themselves as conservatives, or patriots.

And they cannot see the contradiction.

I think some of the problem is that liberals think “systemic” means widespread (and I don’t think it’s as widespread as they would have us believe). Either way, systemic means built into policies and laws, such as we see wih universities devising policies to advantage blacks over whites when it comes to admissions.
There are no university policy that advantages blacks over whites and systemic racism means exactly what it says. You are a person with serious problems pertaining to race trying to claim how racism doesn't exist. LOL!

Dont think the poster said that -- the thread here is about "SYSTEMIC racism. Not just individuals or small groups.
Her question was correct since systemic racism affects people of color individually and as groups.

Teflon Theory of History​

Sat Oct 9th 2010 by abagond

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Teflon Theory of History​

Sat Oct 9th 2010 by abagond

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

You voted for Jim Crow Joe…wtf! Are you a saboteur? A fraud? A DNC hack? A clown?

1654118556731.png

-- it's more political than racial.
Why? Because you say it is? Politics is part of what keeps the systemic racism in place, why do you think they were doing everything under the sun up to and including killing black people and our allies to prevent us from voting after we finally won the equal rights to do so?

Everyone knows that Trump is/was the "Great White Hope" for the dissatisfied faction of white America. Do you remember what the mom of school shooter Ethan Crumbley wrote to him (it came out after they were all jailed)

As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms,” the letter continued. “Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”​
She complained about parents at other schools where the “kids come from illegal immigrant parents” and “don’t care about learning.”​
It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”​

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Why? Because you say it is? Politics is part of what keeps the systemic racism in place, why do you think they were doing everything under the sun up to and including killing black people and our allies to prevent us from voting after we finally won the equal rights to do so?
What do you mean “why they are killing black people”? True, we had a despicable racist in Buffalo who killed black people, but that was an individual….just as the despicable racist in Wisconsin killed as many white people as possible. The vast majority of blacks being killed are by other blacks.

The term has been defined. Your stubborn refusal to accept its reality is not our problem. I said every institution. Sports is entertainment. Entertainment is an institution. Just like Education, Business, Legal, and Political.

NOT EVEN CLOSE to a definition and explanation because you taken NONE of those institutions and explained how the ENTIRE INSTITUTION is racist. Is ALL of entertainment industry racist? Let's start there. Explain to me how that works when they are PURVEYORS of PANDERING to left wing causes pushing every button on the WOKE panel for their entertainment content.

Let's take entertainment. Give it best shot. Explain to me how that is SYSTEMATICALLY racist.

But you wont. You never do. U NEVER answer questions. So the convo stops there until you're back in a week or a month making the same screwy and unsupported accusations about SYSTEMIC racism.
You live as a white person who believes right-wing ideology. In that ideology, there is a refusal to accept racism exists against anyone except whites. In that ideology, there is a tendency to dismiss racism or make claims of its irrelevance. Then as a republican politically the claim is that racism is used as a tool by democrats. Somehow in all this, blacks are unable to see things and think for themselves. T

You're basically talking to no one here. It's all rhetoric. "dismiss racism" "racism is irrelevant" "right wing ideology" "republican" "racism used as a tool by democrats" "blacks are unable to see things or think for themselves".

Bad and stale rhetoric -- BUT EVEN WORSE -- the only talent for fuming that you seem to have is PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS so you can go on thinking they ALL are racist haters.

Folks gonna hang up on cheap shots like that. I would now if I wasn't moderating by participation.

Everyone knows that Trump is/was the "Great White Hope" for the dissatisfied faction of white America. Do you remember what the mom of school shooter Ethan Crumbley wrote to him (it came out after they were all jailed)

As a female and a Realtor, thank you for allowing my right to bear arms,” the letter continued. “Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions. Thank you for respecting that Amendment.”​
She complained about parents at other schools where the “kids come from illegal immigrant parents” and “don’t care about learning.”​
It was signed, “A hard working Middle Class Law Abiding Citizen who is sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy.”​
Who is preventing you from voting?

Nobody, whatsoever.

NOT EVEN CLOSE to a definition and explanation because you taken NONE of those institutions and explained how the ENTIRE INSTITUTION is racist. Is ALL of entertainment industry racist? Let's start there. Explain to me how that works when they are PURVEYORS of PANDERING to left wing causes pushing every button on the WOKE panel for their entertainment content.

Let's take entertainment. Give it best shot. Explain to me how that is SYSTEMATICALLY racist.

But you wont. You never do. U NEVER answer questions. So the convo stops there until you're back in a week or a month making the same screwy and unsupported accusations about SYSTEMIC racism.

You're basically talking to no one here. It's all rhetoric. "dismiss racism" "racism is irrelevant" "right wing ideology" "republican" "racism used as a tool by democrats" "blacks are unable to see things or think for themselves".

Bad and stale rhetoric -- BUT EVEN WORSE -- the only talent for fuming that you seem to have is PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS so you can go on thinking they ALL are racist haters.

Folks gonna hang up on cheap shots like that. I would now if I wasn't moderating by participation.
Flacaltenn we don't need to explain what you already know. I have stated that every institution is racist. Blacks are not the only people saying that and just because you don't want to believe its so doesn't change it.

You say they are not despite all evidence to the contrary. You need to show why they aren't. And everything I said about right wingers is supported by the conversations I have had here. America has a problem with both individual and systemic racism. Every institution is touched by it. I don't know what you're looking for because I showed you several examples last night. So if you're looking for Governor Faubus to stand in front of a schoolhouse or A governor like Wallace to yell about segregation forever as evidence you are purposeful in your ignoring how racism is done in 2022.

You ask how entertainment is racist. The NFL is 80 percent black, how many black head coaches? How many black GM's? And when you talk about music and film, it's just as bad. But most on the right will point to one or 2 blacks then declare there is no problem. You seem to believe that individuals can be racists but develop policies and practices that won't reflect that racism. And this is the difference between blacks and many whites. Whites see racism as a series of individual acts and that's because the systemic nature of racism doesn't affect them.

Flacaltenn we don't need to explain what you already know. I have stated that every institution is racist. Blacks are not the only people saying that and just because you don't want to believe its so doesn't change it.

You say they are not despite all evidence to the contrary. You need to show why they aren't. And everything I said about right wingers is supported by the conversations I have had here. America has a problem with both individual and systemic racism. Every institution is touched by it. I don't know what you're looking for because I showed you several examples last night. So if you're looking for Governor Faubus to stand in front of a schoolhouse or A governor like Wallace to yell about segregation forever as evidence you are purposeful in your ignoring how racism is done in 2022.

You ask how entertainment is racist. The NFL is 80 percent black, how many black head coaches? How many black GM's? And when you talk about music and film, it's just as bad. But most on the right will point to one or 2 blacks then declare there is no problem. You seem to believe that individuals can be racists but develop policies and practices that won't reflect that racism. And this is the difference between blacks and many whites. Whites see racism as a series of individual acts and that's because the systemic nature of racism doesn't affect them.
You are saying just because someone is black they are more qualified.

What do you mean “why they are killing black people”? True, we had a despicable racist in Buffalo who killed black people, but that was an individual….just as the despicable racist in Wisconsin killed as many white people as possible. The vast majority of blacks being killed are by other blacks.
Over the course of this country's history whites have murdered blacks in numbers that are uncatchable. The guy in Wisconsin was avoiding a police chase. What he did is inexcusable but he didn't travel hours to look for white people to kill. The vast majority of whites are killed by other whites and a even larger number of whites are killing themselves.

Over the course of this country's history whites have murdered blacks in numbers that are uncatchable. The guy in Wisconsin was avoiding a police chase. What he did is inexcusable but he didn't travel hours to look for white people to kill. The vast majority of whites are killed by other whites and a even larger number of whites are killing themselves.
Making excuses for black criminals again, what a crock of shit.

Forum List

Back