Taxing The Rich

"At will" employment means if an employee even smells like they may be pro-union you may fire them. Or even if they just smell like roses. You just can't explicitly fire them because of their race, sex, etc. (you can't break other existing laws). It does nothing for employees but strip them of any chance to gain the security of a collectively bargained contract. It's all anti-union bullshit, of, for, and by the billionaires.

The dems don’t understand economics or even math.
They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.
Raise the minimum wage to raise more tax revenue.
Raise minimum wage to increase prices for goods. Then minimum wage purchases the exact same amount of goods or services.
so it ends up as a wash other then it looks good.

Yep. When you increase the minimum wage, you increase everyone else's wages because minimum wage by definition goes to the lowest value employees. So you have to pay the others proportionately more.

Then their companies raise prices and it all balances out again. Then a Democrat raises their hand and says I have an idea, let's increase the minimum wage ...

The problem is that's best case for low end workers, that it just doesn't work. The reality is that businesses constantly use those increased costs to streamline, optimize and automate processes. Which results in fewer low end jobs.

The low end workers are actually the victims of minimum wage increases. Democrats of course don't care, it was never about helping anyone. They want them to be poor so they stay Democrats
The left has a solution for that. Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation our at-will employment States.
What Daniel is trying to say is that he wants to be paid even if he refuses to work a job. He doesn't understand that at-will means you can quit and you can be fired, that's it.
What right wingers keep stating is that their bigotry not the law is what is important. At-will means at the will of either party not just the employer or the State.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
No, in the law, at will employment means you can't be forced into a job and the boss can't be forced to keep you. That's all it means. Seriously, learn something.
It means you can quit on an at-will basis with no legal or moral prejudice.
Do people laugh out loud when you spout nonsense like that in real life, Daniel? Or do they just shake their heads and walk away?

No one is taking you seriously because you spout nonsense. Equal protection of the law means the law is applied to everyone. That means that ANYONE who meets the criteria can get welfare. That's all it means. Let's put it this way, since you are so dogmatic about it. The law states that a person who earns under a certain amount of money each year ends up paying no federal income taxes. Under your twisted interpretation, that is not equal protection under the law because the very wealthy have to pay a lot of taxes. It's means tested taxation, so give me a solid rationale why the two are different and you support the one but not the other.
lol. You have no understanding only right wing fantasy. Employment is at the will of either party.
Employment is at the will of either party? Have ever actually HELD a job, Daniel? Until someone hires you...you don't really have a say in the matter. Once you DO have a job...you have the choice to stay or go and your boss has the choice to keep you on or let you go. I'm guessing that you don't make it through the interview portion of any hiring process though...as soon as you start spouting your typical nonsensical bullshit any potential employer is going thank you for coming in and show you the door!

They think that the rich are somehow locked into staying in high tax areas. They think that their money can’t be moved into other countries.
They don’t realize that businesses can leave money overseas Instead of bringing it into the U.S. where it spends just as well there.
They don’t realize that businesses are not going to take a hit to the bottom line, they will just pass that hit onto higher prices for the consumer.
Raise minimum wage to increase prices for goods. Then minimum wage purchases the exact same amount of goods or services.

Yep. When you increase the minimum wage, you increase everyone else's wages because minimum wage by definition goes to the lowest value employees. So you have to pay the others proportionately more.

Then their companies raise prices and it all balances out again. Then a Democrat raises their hand and says I have an idea, let's increase the minimum wage ...

The problem is that's best case for low end workers, that it just doesn't work. The reality is that businesses constantly use those increased costs to streamline, optimize and automate processes. Which results in fewer low end jobs.

The low end workers are actually the victims of minimum wage increases. Democrats of course don't care, it was never about helping anyone. They want them to be poor so they stay Democrats
The left has a solution for that. Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation our at-will employment States.
What Daniel is trying to say is that he wants to be paid even if he refuses to work a job. He doesn't understand that at-will means you can quit and you can be fired, that's it.
What right wingers keep stating is that their bigotry not the law is what is important. At-will means at the will of either party not just the employer or the State.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
No, in the law, at will employment means you can't be forced into a job and the boss can't be forced to keep you. That's all it means. Seriously, learn something.
Do people laugh out loud when you spout nonsense like that in real life, Daniel? Or do they just shake their heads and walk away?
No. They tend to understand our federal and State Constitutions. Only right wingers prefer to have nothing but Hoax.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

A person may not be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law or denied equal protection of the laws

No one is taking you seriously because you spout nonsense. Equal protection of the law means the law is applied to everyone. That means that ANYONE who meets the criteria can get welfare. That's all it means. Let's put it this way, since you are so dogmatic about it. The law states that a person who earns under a certain amount of money each year ends up paying no federal income taxes. Under your twisted interpretation, that is not equal protection under the law because the very wealthy have to pay a lot of taxes. It's means tested taxation, so give me a solid rationale why the two are different and you support the one but not the other.
lol. You have no understanding only right wing fantasy. Employment is at the will of either party.
Employment is at the will of either party? Have ever actually HELD a job, Daniel? Until someone hires you...you don't really have a say in the matter. Once you DO have a job...you have the choice to stay or go and your boss has the choice to keep you on or let you go. I'm guessing that you don't make it through the interview portion of any hiring process though...as soon as you start spouting your typical nonsensical bullshit any potential employer is going thank you for coming in and show you the door!
lol. I understand the law not Right Wing Hoax.

Raising taxes on the rich was just a lie to get gullible, jealous and stupid middle class voters to vote Democrat. I know a lot of people who fell for it. I need to trade them for a smarter class of acquaintances.

Raising taxes on the rich was just a lie to get gullible, jealous and stupid middle class voters to vote Democrat. I know a lot of people who fell for it. I need to trade them for a smarter class of acquaintances.
There are real structural problems with our economy. It only got worse with Right Wing tax cut economics.

There are real structural problems with our economy. It only got worse with Right Wing tax cut economics.

I truly hope this election is overturned and we don't have to find out just how wrong you are. Globalism sucks.

I truly hope this election is overturned and we don't have to find out just how wrong you are. Globalism sucks.

Why do you believe that? Free market capitalism is free market globalism.

I'm a protectionist. I believe in protecting my country and its workers from foreign vultures like China. I don't believe in slave labor either and that's exactly what free trade and open borders have promoted to this point. Trump could fix it but Biden will only make it much worse. And dumb people think he won't raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K, idiots that they are.

I'm a protectionist. I believe in protecting my country and its workers from foreign vultures like China.

How does that work with (free market) Capitalism?

I'm a protectionist. I believe in protecting my country and its workers from foreign vultures like China.

How does that work with (free market) Capitalism?

Just like when this country was founded on protectionism. Our first President was a famous protectionist. Hell, our country was run totally on funds from tarriffs then. The only thing free trade benefitted was the rich corporations that outsourced our jobs and wealth and the politicians they bribed to be able to do so.

Why not raise the minimum wage to raise more tax revenue?
That never works. It's a paradox, just like raising taxes sometime results in a lower tax receipt. We'd do better to deport the illegal aliens and let wages rise on their own just like they were doing before the pandemic.
I agree to disagree. It must work, and not only that, wages must outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.

Then why did income inequality worsen during the Obama years?

Why not raise the minimum wage to raise more tax revenue?
So your "idea" is to give lower income people higher wages...which will result in many of them being laid off from their jobs...but then hit those that still have a job with higher taxes so they don't really make any more take home pay? Brilliant, Daniel!

People like you and AOC are why liberals should NEVER be allowed to run an economy!

Exactly, so you can stop pretending it has anything to do with you getting paid when you refuse to work an available job.

"Above all things, good policy is to be used that the treasure and monies in a state be not gathered into few hands. For otherwise a state may have a great stock, and yet starve. And money is like muck, not good except it be spread"
-- Francis Bacon; from 'Of Seditions and Troubles'
You just don’t get it. Raise minimum wage prices go up. So the only thing you are doing is making the poor slob have less money in their pocket because of taxes. So I guess you want people to either stop working or have less money to spend
Prices have been going up anyway; only the minimum wage was not being raised on a regular basis to keep up with inflation.
I don’t know where you live but where most people live the cost of labor has been going up. In my area you can go to work at McDonalds for more then minimum wage.
Minimum wage of $15.00 an hour will not get you the same things as other areas.
I know that you are unable to comprehend this but why not allow states to set minimum wage since they understand their economy better then the federal government? Oh I know because then the federal government would not be in charge of everything in people’s lives
Then why complain about the less than five percent who work minimum wage jobs getting a higher statutory minimum wage that is a simple cost of living adjustment?
You're ignoring the ripple effect. More than half the work force makes $20/hr or less. All of them would demand a raise. Add to that everyone who now makes between $7 and $15, and no, it's not 5%.
A cost of living adjustment. Or, stop complaining that the Poor don't pay enough in taxes or cost too much in social services.
A COLA that would bankrupt the country. You can't go that far that fast without bad consequences.
In right wing fantasy you are Always Right; it just seems like Hoax to the rest of us.
That doesn't address the fallacy in your argument.

Incorrect. UNEMPLYMENT is at the will of either party. You don't have the right to declare yourself employed so you can collect unemployment compensation. Now, will you address the reality that I have exposed a gaping hypocrisy in your equal protection under the law fallacy? You can't argue on the one hand the it requires you to paid even if you refuse an available job while on the other claim it is equal protection for some people to pay more taxes than other people.

Forum List

Back