Texas voter ID law unconstitutional

Great news. Now do I have to show an id to drive my car? If so why? Do I have to do as my state mandates and have a photo id when I fish? Of course not fishing is much more important then citizens voting.

From the article Jake;

A lower court had previously found that the voter ID was passed with the intent of discriminating against minorities. In striking down the Texas measure, however, the New Orleans-based appeals court did not find the voter ID requirement to be the equivalent of a poll tax.

Once again Jake you show your true colors. The court struck down what? The law because they think it was passed due to racism? Really? And you are for the court and thought control? Really, jake?

No, you like this ruling because it forces a state to once again to have to accept your opinion that is in the minority. That is after all what the democrat party has always been about, forcing people to do the democrats bidding. Lincoln stopped you all the first go around, sadly I don't see a Lincoln anywhere.

The other reason you like it Jake is you, and everyone else knows, that what fraud there is is always on the democrat side.

Fishing before voting, the democrat way.

More from the OP link:

After the ruling, Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said the state's Voter ID law will remain in effect.

"Today’s ruling was a victory on the fundamental question of Texas’ right to protect the integrity of our elections and the state’s common sense Voter ID law remains in effect. I’m particularly pleased the panel saw through and rejected the plaintiffs’ claim that our law constituted a ‘poll tax.’ The intent of this law is to protect the voting process in Texas, and we will continue to defend this important safeguard for all Texas voters," said Paxton in a statement.

One would think that the left would just not argue about voter id since it apparently makes no difference either way. But no, they must have their way, that is the only thing important.

Any way, one of the articles linked said that the Texas law required a narrow list of ids. Here is the list, how many functioning Americans don't have one of these ids?

Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

• Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  • Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
  • Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
  • Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
  • United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
  • United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
  • United States passport

Only the far right racists are talking about racism.

That part of the law requiring voter ID was struck down, as I pointed out in the OP.

Need to stay on track, freewill, but you know I will keep you there whether you want it or not.

I wonder how all these people cash their welfare checks. There is no way the can work, you have to show ID and a SSN card to get a job.
they dont drive, you have to show a Birth Certificate for proof of age to get the license.
So, how does one cash a check without some form of ID.
that being said, I cant find any reason that requiring proof of citizenship to vote would be a violation of a constitutional right. It is acceptable to have requirements to engage in a right.

So then, the Democrats should have no problems allowing people to attend fundraisers and any DNC event without having to show ID, because by requiring it, that would be discriminatory.

Let's not stop there, one shouldn't have to show ID to buy a firearm, that would be discriminatory. One shouldn't have to have a drivers license to drive, that would be discriminatory. One shouldn't have to show ID to buy beer, that would be a discriminatory.......wait....wait...wait.....never mind, none of this benefits the Democratic Party so these things don't count.

I wonder how all these people cash their welfare checks. There is no way the can work, you have to show ID and a SSN card to get a job.
they dont drive, you have to show a Birth Certificate for proof of age to get the license.
that being said, I cant find any reason that requiring proof of citizenship to vote would be a violation of a constitutional right. It is acceptable to have requirements to engage in a right.
Absolute bullshit.

Absolute bullshit.
Such profound reasoning and logic

Absolute bullshit.
I have no doubt that in your mind that was a well thought out response, one that came about only after careful consideration and a look into the laws.
however, most of us here are too stupid to do anything except get an ID, so if you would be kind enough to explain what is absolute bullshit in what I wrote, I suspect that many here just like me, too stupid to do anything other than obtain ID to go through life, would greatly appreciate your words of legal wisdom.

I am an American before I am a Republican, and Soggy is a Republican before an American, apparently.

Getting an ID should not be onerous.

It's not, it has the same requirements for getting a drivers license. We had to get a birth certificate from OK for my mother in law to get her TX ID, I think it cost a whopping six bucks.

Neither my wife nor my grandmother can get their birth certificates...and yet, neither had any trouble getting ID! (Up to and including a passport.)

Forum List

Back