The Dangerous Lie That ‘Bush Lied’

do you have facts that counter what I posted ? if so I invite you to link to your sources

See once again the far left posts known far left propaganda and expects others to prove them wrong!
You are making claims you cannot back up...the "far left sites" are reporting on a non partisan study....Its not a study they had anything to do with they are REPORTING

See the "Iraq: The War Card"methodologyfor how the Center gathered these results

do you have facts that counter what I posted ? if so I invite you to link to your sources

LMFAO. The ASSHOLE Kosh have a fact? A fact that counters previously posted information?
Are you kidding me?

The Kosh wouldn't know a "fact" if it bit her/him/it in the Kosh.

That's right isn't it koshy? No facts for you today. Or even yesterday, or the day before.
Kosh bases those highly enlightening posts on "feelings". Kosh the Far Right Drone would be a better name.

See once again the far left posts known far left propaganda and expects others to prove them wrong!
You are making claims you cannot back up...the "far left sites" are reporting on a non partisan study....Its not a study they had anything to do with they are REPORTING

See the "Iraq: The War Card"methodologyfor how the Center gathered these results

Yet the far left uses another far left propaganda blog site for their "facts"..

Hey Kosh the Drone, you got a site whose information that YOU trust? What is it?

LMFAO. The ASSHOLE Kosh have a fact? A fact that counters previously posted information?
Are you kidding me?

The Kosh wouldn't know a "fact" if it bit her/him/it in the Kosh.

That's right isn't it koshy? No facts for you today. Or even yesterday, or the day before.
Kosh bases those highly enlightening posts on "feelings". Kosh the Far Right Drone would be a better name.

Yes we know you were bought and paid for with illegal slave labor to support Obama's illegal wars..

Yes, it is dangerous. But for dimocraps it's a convenient lie. A lie that Republicans are tired of fighting.

But it's time you realized that's what it is -- Just another lie from the party of lies --

From today's WSJ. I'd post a link, but you'll just run into a subscription wall

The Dangerous Lie That ‘Bush Lied’
Some journalists still peddle this canard as if it were fact. This is defamatory and could end up hurting the country.
BN-GV979_EDPSil_J_20150208121945.jpg

President George W. Bush
By
LAURENCE H. SILBERMAN
Feb. 8, 2015 6:25 p.m. ET

In recent weeks, I have heard former Associated Press reporter Ron Fournier on Fox News twice asserting, quite offhandedly, that President George W. Bush “lied us into war in Iraq.”

I found this shocking. I took a leave of absence from the bench in 2004-05 to serve as co-chairman of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction—a bipartisan body, sometimes referred to as the Robb-Silberman Commission. It was directed in 2004 to evaluate the intelligence community’s determination that Saddam Hussein possessed WMD—I am, therefore, keenly aware of both the intelligence provided to President Bush and his reliance on that intelligence as his primary casus belli. It is astonishing to see the “Bush lied” allegation evolve from antiwar slogan to journalistic fact.

The intelligence community’s 2002 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) stated, in a formal presentation to President Bush and to Congress, its view that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction—a belief in which the NIE said it held a 90% level of confidence. That is about as certain as the intelligence community gets on any subject.

Recall that the head of the intelligence community, Central Intelligence Agency Director George Tenet, famously told the president that the proposition that Iraq possessed WMD was “a slam dunk.” Our WMD commission carefully examined the interrelationships between the Bush administration and the intelligence community and found no indication that anyone in the administration sought to pressure the intelligence community into its findings. As our commission reported, presidential daily briefs from the CIA dating back to the Clinton administration were, if anything, more alarmist about Iraq’s WMD than the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate.

Saddam had manifested sharp hostility toward America, including firing at U.S. planes patrolling the no-fly zone set up by the armistice agreement ending the first Iraq war. Saddam had also attempted to assassinate former President George H.W. Bush —a car-bombing plot was foiled—during Mr. Bush’s visit to Kuwait in 1993. But President George W. Bush based his decision to go to war on information about Saddam’s WMD. Accordingly, when Secretary of State Colin Powell formally presented the U.S. case to the United Nations, Mr. Powell relied entirely on that aspect of the threat from Iraq.

Our WMD commission ultimately determined that the intelligence community was “dead wrong” about Saddam’s weapons. But as I recall, no one in Washington political circles offered significant disagreement with the intelligence community before the invasion. The National Intelligence Estimate was persuasive—to the president, to Congress and to the media.

Granted, there were those who disagreed with waging war against Saddam even if he did possess WMD. Some in Congress joined Brent Scowcroft, a retired Air Force lieutenant general and former national security adviser, in publicly doubting the wisdom of invading Iraq. It is worth noting, however, that when Saddam was captured and interrogated, he told his interrogators that he had intended to seek revenge on Kuwait for its cooperation with the U.S. by invading again at a propitious time. This leads me to speculate that if the Bush administration had not gone to war in 2003 and Saddam had remained in power, the U.S. might have felt compelled to do so once Iraq again invaded Kuwait.

In any event, it is one thing to assert, then or now, that the Iraq war was ill-advised. It is quite another to make the horrendous charge that President Bush lied to or deceived the American people about the threat from Saddam.

I recently wrote to Ron Fournier protesting his accusation. His response, in an email, was to reiterate that “an objective reading of the events leads to only one conclusion: the administration . . . misinterpreted, distorted and in some cases lied about intelligence.” Although Mr. Fournier referred to “evidence” supporting his view, he did not cite any—and I do not believe there is any.

He did say correctly that “intelligence is never dispositive; it requires analysis and judgment, with the final call and responsibility resting with the president.” It is thus certainly possible to criticize President Bush for having believed what the CIA told him, although it seems to me that any president would have credited such confident assertions by the intelligence community. But to accuse the president of lying us into war must be seen as not only false, but as dangerously defamatory.

The charge is dangerous because it can take on the air of historical fact—with potentially dire consequences. I am reminded of a similarly baseless accusation that helped the Nazis come to power in Germany: that the German army had not really lost World War I, that the soldiers instead had been “stabbed in the back” by politicians.

Sometime in the future, perhaps long after most of us are gone, an American president may need to rely publicly on intelligence reports to support military action. It would be tragic if, at such a critical moment, the president’s credibility were undermined by memories of a false charge peddled by the likes of Ron Fournier.

Mr. Silberman, a senior federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, was co-chairman of the Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Jesus fucking Christ, you're still trying to sell this "bad intelligence" bullshit? Move the fuck on with life already!

A Senior FEDERAL JUDGE FROM THE DC COURT OF APPEALS says you are the one that's a lying sack of shit (as are ALL dimocraps)

He was also the co-chairman of the commission that looked into the WMD assertion.

Which, if you would bother to read the article rather than take Comedy Central and HuffBlo at their word, you'd see that they were forthright enough to say the Intelligence reports were a crock of shit.

And that's all Bush had to go on. That's it.

But you? You scumbags have -- What, exactly?

Nothing.

Would the right have even voted republican, if the republicans had been honest about price inflation on oil.

Listen sonny boy you have links and sources or not LOL

Search the 935 Iraq War false statements Center for Public Integrity

In a widely-reported study of orchestrated deception, the Center found that President Bush and seven top officials made935 false statements leading up to the Iraq war— and offer them in a database for all to see.

Search 380,000 words of every public pronouncement by top Bush administration officials on the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and on the links between Iraq and Al Qaeda.

Leading the pack, President Bush made 232 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 false statements about Iraq's connections with Al Qaeda. Secretary of State Colin Powell followed close behind with 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction and 10 about Al Qaeda links.

How to search the false statements:Click on an individual's photo to see their timeline of false statements, and read the actual statements below.

Searches may also be limited by subject, by using the appropriate selection in the "By field" menu.

NB: Seeing a "Server unavailable" message? Your web browser needs to be set to accept third-party cookies. Once the database has loaded you can revert the change.

Hey Kosh the Drone, you got a site whose information that YOU trust? What is it?

Once again the far left drones will support the use of far left blog sites as their "facts" not connected to reality..

In a widely-reported study of orchestrated deception, the Center found that President Bush and seven top officials made935 false statements leading up to the Iraq war— and offer them in a database for all to see.

Search 380,000 words of every public pronouncement by top Bush administration officials on the existence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and on the links between Iraq and Al Qaeda.

Leading the pack, President Bush made 232 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 28 false statements about Iraq's connections with Al Qaeda. Secretary of State Colin Powell followed close behind with 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction and 10 about Al Qaeda links.

How to search the false statements:Click on an individual's photo to see their timeline of false statements, and read the actual statements below.

Searches may also be limited by subject, by using the appropriate selection in the "By field" menu.

NB: Seeing a "Server unavailable" message? Your web browser needs to be set to accept third-party cookies. Once the database has loaded you can revert the change.

And they continue to push the far left propaganda not connected to reality because of their programmed religious dogma.

Dude stop whining and put up a link a fact that refutes what I posted ...do something post something ....

And they continue to push the far left propaganda not connected to reality because of their programmed religious dogma.
and you continue to struggle to respond with other than piteous whining...post your "better information" link to your trusted sites ...lets see what you got wing nut LOL dude if you need help go on over to Breitbart or Gateway pundit LOL

and you continue to struggle to respond with other than piteous whining...post your "better information" link to your trusted sites ...lets see what you got wing nut LOL dude if you need help go on over to Breitbart or Gateway pundit LOL

Yes you see the far left posts known bunk from their religious propaganda and then expects others to prove them wrong!

Bam a far left drone uses a known far left blog site for their "facts"..

Dude stop whining and put up a link a fact that refutes what I posted ...do something post something ....

See how the far left believes the far left religious dogma that they post is "fact"..

See how the far left believes the far left religious dogma that they post is "fact"..

Koshy, why are you so insistent in making yourself a total fool?
You have been asked repeatedly to post what you consider a viable source of information. And you don't seem to be able to do that. But you keep on posting nonsense. And make yourself look really stupid and foolish.

But then, you do claim to be a right winger, so I guess stupid and foolish is something you are real comfortable with.

You have been asked repeatedly to post what you consider a viable source of information. And you don't seem to be able to do that. But you keep on posting nonsense. And make yourself look really stupid and foolish.

But then, you do claim to be a right winger, so I guess stupid and foolish is something you are real comfortable with.

Says the far left drone that was bought with illegal slave labor to support Obama's illegal wars.

And of course to the far left anyone not far left is automatically a right winger, next these drones will be posting that Hilary Clinton is a right winger. But then again maybe she can them off by allowing more illegal slave labor..

Yes you see the far left posts known bunk from their religious propaganda and then expects others to prove them wrong!
what you want me to take your word for it ...are you effing kidding me...you are an incompetent right wing whining fool and you feel your mere word is good enough,....you are a Right wing poltroon dude ..no respect ...you keep whining I keep posting sources ...here is a video foir you to whine about

Colin Powell Saying He Was Misled Before UN Speech on ...

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-10_8-42-2.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-10_8-42-2.jpeg
    2.8 KB · Views: 53

Says the far left drone that was bought with illegal slave labor to support Obama's illegal wars.

And of course to the far left anyone not far left is automatically a right winger, next these drones will be posting that Hilary Clinton is a right winger. But then again maybe she can them off by allowing more illegal slave labor..
Just stop whining dude and start wiping my posts out with your superior sites and links and facts...LOL

What the fuck are you babbling about? I told you I would give you some work when the snow cleared off the roofs. But I don't think you want to work, do you? You a lazy ass right winger that would rather post bullshit on a message board and think you are being "productive". LMAO.

Forum List

Back