🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The United States IS a Christian Nation

"In God we trust" all others pay cash. I guess it makes us feel that there is actually some VALUE to our currency.

Of course there is some value to our currency. 80 percent of our cash has the "Columbian Gold Standard" behind it.

In other words...........most of our money has cocaine in it.

My opinion? Smoke cannabis.

Israel is a Jewish nation, The Vatican is a Christian nation, and Saudi Arabia is a Moslem nation.

The U.S. is a secular nation in which the Christian denominations are the predominant religions.

Nothing more, nothing less.

So why does the dollar say "in god we trust"? And aren't we "one nation under god"? (or is that another country? lol)

Actually, no, that was added by the banks that originally printed them. The federal reserve wasn't established right away and money (aka "bank notes") was printed by the banks they came from, not the government, nor did they depend on the value of our country, their strength was determined by the individual banks. The current form of the dollar (which is changing) was just voted on by those in power when the federal reserve was established. You need to learn your history a bit more.

Yo asswipe, can you read and understand the premise of the thread? "The United States IS a Christian Nation". "IS" means the present tense, not 200 years ago. So having "In God we trust" means TODAY we put our trust in god. The Christian one, btw, not Allah, or Buddah... You fail miserably because you are miserable.

... and I repeat my answer ... think really hard, ignore all fact, ignore all science, just think about it.
You're saying 'if A, then B' when A and B are unrelated.

Really? You really don't get it?

You are still looking at it with nothing but logic and fact, sorry, but you have to actually think about this, you can't just look it up.

There is this guy at the restaurant that only needs a couple more punches on his card and they will give him his own rubber room. He talks EXZACTLY like Kitten. He goes on and on about obscure crap and drives everyone nutz. I tell him to explain it to the cooks...then dash stage left.

I figured out why Kitty doesn't like sex. She is allergic to duct tape.

Get it Kitty? GET IT???? :lol:

Kitten, look up the history of the FRB, please. It came into effect 126 years after the Convention, ninety-six years ago. The history of banking in America, thanks to Andrew Jackson, among others, has had a roller coaster ride.

So why does the dollar say "in god we trust"? And aren't we "one nation under god"? (or is that another country? lol)

Actually, no, that was added by the banks that originally printed them. The federal reserve wasn't established right away and money (aka "bank notes") was printed by the banks they came from, not the government, nor did they depend on the value of our country, their strength was determined by the individual banks. The current form of the dollar (which is changing) was just voted on by those in power when the federal reserve was established. You need to learn your history a bit more.

Yo asswipe, can you read and understand the premise of the thread? "The United States IS a Christian Nation". "IS" means the present tense, not 200 years ago. So having "In God we trust" means TODAY we put our trust in god. The Christian one, btw, not Allah, or Buddah... You fail miserably because you are miserable.
No, we are not a Christian nation...we are a secular nation that happens to have a lot of Christians (over several hundreds sects of) in it....among other religions and none.

No, we are not a Christian nation...we are a secular nation that happens to have a lot of Christians (over several hundreds sects of) in it....among other religions and none.

Another fool. Dude, when was the last time a prez was elected who wasn't a church going christian. It would never happen. Our military even has preachers in Afghanistan trying to convert the heathens to christianity.
So, "in god we trust" is talking about Ja?

Another fool. Dude, when was the last time a prez was elected who wasn't a church going christian.

Jefferson for one.

It would never happen.

It's happened many times....but let me ask you, are you equating going to church as being Christian? I used to go to church to sleep. Some go to church to pick up chicks. Some go to church to network.

Our military even has preachers in Afghanistan trying to convert the heathens to christianity.

LOL...if they are, that will be ended soon enough because it's totally illegal.

So, "in god we trust" is talking about Ja?

I like that it's on MONEY...our REAL god.

BTW...how do you like your logic?

When was the last time a Woman was elected President? "The United States IS a male nation"
:lol::lol::lol:

Ok doofus, Jefferson, what was that, 200 fucking years ago? You just proved my point, thanks. Obama had to kiss the christian ass by going to church, getting a pastor that wasn't a total racist imbecile...

Your woman comparison fails pathetically because I wouldn't agree with your lame premise that we are a female nation. Try again retard.

Very confusing, first Obama says that we're not a Christian nation, then world acclaimed religion professors from such universities as the prestigious Boston University, acclaim that .... well in fact, the US is pervasively Christian and only a Christian would be so blind as to not see that fact.

In one of his keenest observations, Prothero relates that when he discusses the "Christian America" question in his classes, evangelical Christians describe America as a multicultural nation of religious diversity while non-Christian students see the nation as pervasively Christian. As he writes, "my Jewish students tell me you have to be blind (or Christian) not to see that this is a Christian country."

I would tend to agree, as Christians or even "Judeo-Christian" aligned persons, the ability to see just how Christian we are is inadequate since we don't know anything else.

We do not frequently visit or live in Muslim countries, or in East Asia, or India where Christianity has hardly shaped their worldview.

And we rarely associate with such persons enough to get an adequate perspective.

From an outside perspective, it would seem that Obama's comments would only be seen as crazy, or pandering, or false. I'm only suggesting that would be the case, I don't know if anyone has made that claim from say...the Middle East.

But, regarding the US, it seems someone is trying to change our "perception" and is getting away with it because of our inability to perceive the truth otherwise.

AlbertMohler.com

These theologians also follow the organization that argued the earth is flat(lately, I heard that the Earth is a circle--do the Christian god know what Geometry is? Is the earth 2-D or 1-D?) It is the center of the universe, and the sun and stars revolve around Earth.

I guess that they finally are able to "hand wave" a correct answer? If they keep trying, they will!!

Ok doofus, Jefferson, what was that, 200 fucking years ago? You just proved my point, thanks. Obama had to kiss the christian ass by going to church, getting a pastor that wasn't a total racist imbecile...

Your woman comparison fails pathetically because I wouldn't agree with your lame premise that we are a female nation. Try again retard.

Obama's access to his God is installed above his bathroom Sink. His Utopia would have a mirror in every room.

Very confusing, first Obama says that we're not a Christian nation, then world acclaimed religion professors from such universities as the prestigious Boston University, acclaim that .... well in fact, the US is pervasively Christian and only a Christian would be so blind as to not see that fact.

In one of his keenest observations, Prothero relates that when he discusses the "Christian America" question in his classes, evangelical Christians describe America as a multicultural nation of religious diversity while non-Christian students see the nation as pervasively Christian. As he writes, "my Jewish students tell me you have to be blind (or Christian) not to see that this is a Christian country."

I would tend to agree, as Christians or even "Judeo-Christian" aligned persons, the ability to see just how Christian we are is inadequate since we don't know anything else.

We do not frequently visit or live in Muslim countries, or in East Asia, or India where Christianity has hardly shaped their worldview.

And we rarely associate with such persons enough to get an adequate perspective.

From an outside perspective, it would seem that Obama's comments would only be seen as crazy, or pandering, or false. I'm only suggesting that would be the case, I don't know if anyone has made that claim from say...the Middle East.

But, regarding the US, it seems someone is trying to change our "perception" and is getting away with it because of our inability to perceive the truth otherwise.

AlbertMohler.com

These theologians also follow the organization that argued the earth is flat(lately, I heard that the Earth is a circle--do the Christian god know what Geometry is? Is the earth 2-D or 1-D?) It is the center of the universe, and the sun and stars revolve around Earth.

I guess that they finally are able to "hand wave" a correct answer? If they keep trying, they will!!

So the blind can't lead the blind. Good observation. This They, They, They, fetish needs some work though. Science and Religion sure have allot of Pitfalls, huh. We are always so sure until proved otherwise. What you attribute to Religion, I attribute to Human Nature, which is, in Truth, at war with God.

That concept of pissing into the wind works in both religion and Science.

Really? You really don't get it?

You are still looking at it with nothing but logic and fact,
An if-then statement if a logical assertion. Your logic is flawed here s B does not follow from A. I know logic and intellect are foreign concepts to you, but you really should consider trying them out sometime.

If-then is only a logical statement in computers, life doesn't follow logic 90% of the time. Ignore logic, ignore facts, ignore science, read it with your mind, not your computer.

Someone has this as their signature.

I usually do not laugh at arguments, but these are the funniest statements I have read on USMB since I have been a member.

Example (Hypothetical Syllogism):
If these statements are serious, then the author is clueless.
If the author is clueless, then someone needs to educate the author.
Therefore, if these statements are serious, then someone needs to educate the author.

If then statements are referred to as hypothetical syllogisms in logic.

The United States IS a Christian Nation, and god punished New Orleans to let you know He's not happy with your supposedly christian lifestyle.

JB banned again? :lol:

The United States IS a Christian Nation, and god punished New Orleans to let you know He's not happy with your supposedly christian lifestyle.

Don't tell me.....lemmie guess......you're one of those Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell idiots that think because the US is sinning, God is punishing us.

I suppose that you think Fred Phelps is a prophet as well..........

Way to go Pig Barry, you've made full blown retard.

Don't tell me.....lemmie guess......you're one of those Pat Robertson/Jerry Falwell idiots that think because the US is sinning, God is punishing us.

I suppose that you think Fred Phelps is a prophet as well..........

Way to go Pig Barry, you've made full blown retard.

BB is a Spammer, trying to push buttons. I hear He suffers from Premature Ejac.....

The World Trade Center was punishment by Allah. The gods are ganging up on the US.

The "gods"? What the fuck do you mean by that you lobotomized idiot? If you believe in Christian doctrine, then you would know that there is only One God.

Pagans are the ones that have many.

Lay off the drugs and go to shock therapy. You need help.

The World Trade Center was punishment by Allah. The gods are ganging up on the US.

The "gods"? What the fuck do you mean by that you lobotomized idiot? If you believe in Christian doctrine, then you would know that there is only One God.

not true

if the son is not the father is not the holy spity, yet all are 'god', then there are three gods

YHWH/El recognizes other gods as real in the OT

Forum List

Back