🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trayvon was racially profiled.

Martin's autopsy report

The Volusia County medical examiner found that Martin was killed by an injury resulting from a single gunshot fired at "intermediate range," between 1 and 18 inches according to a forensic expert.[154][Note 3] An FDLE analysis of Martin's body and clothes described the distance as "a contact shot".[155] The autopsy also found that Martin had one small abrasion on his left ring finger below the knuckle. No other injuries were found on Martin's body at the time of his death.[154] Physicians who reviewed the official autopsy report for the Orlando Sentinel, stated in their opinion that Martin lived anywhere from 20 seconds to several minutes after he was shot, and that Martin likely remained conscious "for a time anyway."

yet Zimmerman had numerous cuts and abrasions

A witness to the confrontation just prior to the shooting stated that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and punching him, while Zimmerman was yelling for help. This witness, who identified himself as "John", stated that "the guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911".[162] He went on to say that when he got upstairs and looked down, "the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."

One eye-witness statement given the night of the shooting describes "a black male, wearing a dark colored 'hoodie' on top of a white or Hispanic male who was yelling for help." The witness said that the black male was throwing punches "MMA [mixed martial arts] style." After hearing a "pop," he saw the black male "laid out on the grass."[176][177] When the witness was subsequently interviewed weeks later by a different agency, the witness said he thought that the black male was either punching or pinning the lighter skinned male underneath him. He was no longer certain who was calling for help, having not seen their mouths in the dark. He was still certain that the black male had been on top of the lighter-skinned male

Allegations against Zimmerman
Chicago protestors on March 28.

Zimmerman was accused of being motivated by racism[3][182] and of having racially profiled Martin.[3][142][320][348] During early media coverage of the incident, Zimmerman's call to the police dispatcher was edited by NBC, shortened such that it appeared that Zimmerman had volunteered Martin's race. The unedited audio recording proved that the police dispatcher specifically asked about Martin's race, and only then did Zimmerman reveal that Martin was black. NBC apologized for the misleading edit and disciplined those involved

listen to the call Zimmerman made to police...on right side of page

Defense of Zimmerman's character

In an open letter on March 15, 2012, Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman, defended his son against allegations that his actions were racially motivated, stating that Zimmerman was Hispanic, was raised in a multiracial family, and "would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever," saying that the portrayal of his son as a racist "could not be further from the truth." According to his family, some of Zimmerman's relatives are black.[52] Zimmerman's former lawyer Craig Sonner stated that Zimmerman is not a racist, and that he had mentored black youths in the past.[350] Joe Oliver, a former television news reporter who is acquainted with Zimmerman,[351] noted "I'm a black male and all that I know is that George has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe he has anything against people of color."[352]

In early April, an anonymous letter to the NAACP, which was signed "A Concerned Zimmerman Family Member," said Zimmerman had been one of the few to take any action to protest the 2010 beating of Sherman Ware, a black homeless man, by the son of a Sanford police officer. Zimmerman reportedly distributed fliers in the black community trying to get others involved too, and helped organize a January 8, 2011, Sanford City Hall community forum to protest the incident.[353] Zimmerman's father confirmed his son's efforts on Ware's behalf.[354]

In May, the Miami Herald secured an audiotape of the January 8, 2011, Sanford City Hall community forum. On the audiotape, Zimmerman was heard criticizing the conduct of the Sanford Police Department in the Ware case. Zimmerman criticized former chief, Brian Tooley, and said Tooley had engaged in a "cover-up" and that he should lose his pension. He also said he'd been on ride-alongs with Sanford police where he found them to be lazy. The Herald also reported that it had contacted five out of six black churches where Zimmerman was reported to have distributed fliers on the Ware beating, however no one recalled receiving them.[92]

On July 12, interviews conducted by the FBI were publicly released. The Sanford Police Department's lead investigator, Chris Serino, told FBI agents that he believed Zimmerman's actions were not based on Martin's race, but instead on Martin's attire, the circumstances of the encounter, and previous burglaries in the neighborhood. Zimmerman's neighbors and co-workers were interviewed as well. Neighbors who knew Zimmerman had nothing derogatory to say about him and his co-workers were complimentary of him.

In an open letter on March 15, 2012, Zimmerman's father, Robert Zimmerman, defended his son against allegations that his actions were racially motivated, stating that Zimmerman was Hispanic, was raised in a multiracial family, and "would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever," saying that the portrayal of his son as a racist "could not be further from the truth." According to his family, some of Zimmerman's relatives are black.[52] Zimmerman's former lawyer Craig Sonner stated that Zimmerman is not a racist, and that he had mentored black youths in the past.[350] Joe Oliver, a former television news reporter who is acquainted with Zimmerman,[351] noted "I'm a black male and all that I know is that George has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe he has anything against people of color."[352]

In early April, an anonymous letter to the NAACP, which was signed "A Concerned Zimmerman Family Member," said Zimmerman had been one of the few to take any action to protest the 2010 beating of Sherman Ware, a black homeless man, by the son of a Sanford police officer. Zimmerman reportedly distributed fliers in the black community trying to get others involved too, and helped organize a January 8, 2011, Sanford City Hall community forum to protest the incident.[353] Zimmerman's father confirmed his son's efforts on Ware's behalf.[354]

In May, the Miami Herald secured an audiotape of the January 8, 2011, Sanford City Hall community forum. On the audiotape, Zimmerman was heard criticizing the conduct of the Sanford Police Department in the Ware case. Zimmerman criticized former chief, Brian Tooley, and said Tooley had engaged in a "cover-up" and that he should lose his pension. He also said he'd been on ride-alongs with Sanford police where he found them to be lazy. The Herald also reported that it had contacted five out of six black churches where Zimmerman was reported to have distributed fliers on the Ware beating, however no one recalled receiving them.[92]

On July 12, interviews conducted by the FBI were publicly released. The Sanford Police Department's lead investigator, Chris Serino, told FBI agents that he believed Zimmerman's actions were not based on Martin's race, but instead on Martin's attire, the circumstances of the encounter, and previous burglaries in the neighborhood. Zimmerman's neighbors and co-workers were interviewed as well. Neighbors who knew Zimmerman had nothing derogatory to say about him and his co-workers were complimentary of him.

I don't think he is a racist. Just a gun toting vigilante thug who committed murder.

His trial can't happen soon enough.

Self defense is a much too feeble excuse. You cannot pick a fight and when you are getting your butt kicked you cannot pull out a gun and shoot someone and claim defense.

Zimmerman did not pull out a gun until there was a struggle. Looks like Tray was going for Zim's gun or that Zim thought he was. That in itself is self defense.

move long race pimp, move along

Zimmerman followed Travvon when he should have stayed in his car. Neighborhood watch folk are not meant to carry guns, Zimmerman did because he wanted to appear the tough guy.

He started the confrontation which lead to the death of a child. He will never be free. He can walk out of prison a free man after that trial and there will always be someone after him. He will be in protective custody for the rest of his miserable, racist life.

Zimmerman is not white. He's Hispanic and he has a black grandfather. I don't know about you, but I loved my grandparents. I'm pretty sure he does/did too.

Only an idiot would cry "racism" in this case. Heck, if they hadn't identified Zimmerman as white to begin with this whole thing would never have made the news. I've never in my life before heard the term "white Hispanic"

I don't think he is a racist. Just a gun toting vigilante thug who committed murder.

Not a vigilante by any stretch of the term. Not a thug. Murder? Justifiable homicide

Neighborhood watch folk are not meant to carry guns
Any citizen who has not lost their second amendment right for some lawful reason is meant to carry a firearm if (s)he chooses to do so.
He will never be free. He can walk out of prison a free man after that trial and there will always be someone after him. He will be in protective custody for the rest of his miserable, racist life.

It almost sounds as if you not only support a young hoodlum, but approve of the harassment or harm of an innocent civilian by criminals in the event he is, in fact, found to be not guilty of any unlawful actions....

Did Trayvon commit a crime on the night in question - excluding the supposed injuries he inflicted upon Zimmerman? How can you label him a 'hoodlum' if he hadn't committed a crime on the night?

Um, he was suspended from school 3 times that year alone. I would pretty much say that qualifies as "hoodlum". What do you require for someone to qualify as a "hoodlum?"

Zimmerman followed Travvon when he should have stayed in his car. Neighborhood watch folk are not meant to carry guns, Zimmerman did because he wanted to appear the tough guy.

He started the confrontation which lead to the death of a child. He will never be free. He can walk out of prison a free man after that trial and there will always be someone after him. He will be in protective custody for the rest of his miserable, racist life.

What is this with neighborhood watch? Zim wasn't acting as a neighborhood watch. get your facts straight. He did not stalk anyone. Tray went after Zim for following him. Teenager macho shit. Got out of hand.

There is absolutely no evidence that George Zimmerman is a racist. His black friends don't think so.

stop spreading bullshit because you own sad lonely life is so pathetic.

Why do you assume you know what happened when you weren't there?

Please go back and read YOUR posts, then ask that question of yourself, okay?

TRAYVON WAS RACIALLY PROFILED.

The fact is Zimmerman did not first identify Trayvon as being Black when he was asked his race he did not hesitate to way the was Black. And Blacks were doing all the break-ins in the area.

Self defense is a much too feeble excuse. You cannot pick a fight and when you are getting your butt kicked you cannot pull out a gun and shoot someone and claim defense.

Trayvon was provoked into an altercation by Zimmerman so he could shoot him. “These ass holes always get away.” This one was not getting away. First degree premeditated murder. Nothing less. With the death penalty.

Neighborhood watchmen are not allowed to carry guns. Zimmerman was not a legal neighborhood watchman and had not authority to follow or confront Trayvon.
:evil:

Of course he was profiled, and the "profile" was correct considering the fact that Trayvon was a 6'2" 175lb, heavily tattooed, gold toothed, dope dealing thug, (which everyone would know had the media not chosen to release five year old picture of an innocent looking little boy in an attempt to make this killing more than what it was, which was just an overweoght white guy being attacked by a bigger, more muscular, street hood) who had assaulted a bus driver two days before the incident with Zimmerman, who was caught earlier with stolen goods and burglary tools while on his way to school, whose facebook name was; Wild Nigga" and who was a gang member. By the way, in Florida neighborhood watch CAN carry firearms. ANY law abiding citizen can carry a firearm in Florida and ANY citizen has the right to confront anyother citizen for any reason they wish to without being assaulted. What you DO NOT have a right to do is physically assault a person for following you. Zimmerman most likely won't get convicted of 1st degree murder, he definately will not be given the death penalty and I would be surprised if he was convicted at all. If Zimmerman where black and Trayvon was white, he not only never would have gotten arrested, we never would have even heard about the story.

He has already been convicted in the court of public opinion.

So, are you admitting you are wrong?

Any citizen who has not lost their second amendment right for some lawful reason is meant to carry a firearm if (s)he chooses to do so.

It almost sounds as if you not only support a young hoodlum, but approve of the harassment or harm of an innocent civilian by criminals in the event he is, in fact, found to be not guilty of any unlawful actions....

Did Trayvon commit a crime on the night in question - excluding the supposed injuries he inflicted upon Zimmerman? How can you label him a 'hoodlum' if he hadn't committed a crime on the night?

Um, he was suspended from school 3 times that year alone. I would pretty much say that qualifies as "hoodlum". What do you require for someone to qualify as a "hoodlum?"

Not really. School suspensions happen to all types of youth. What is serious is the why, the why of an instance where a screwdriver and jewelry was found and caused a suspension where the screwdriver was listed as a burglary tool by school security. They know more than any of us what the kids are up to

Last edited:
Zimmerman was told not to follow him, but he did. He went looking for trouble, and he found it.

Nobody had the authority to tell Zimmerman not to follow him. Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman, just like he assaulted a bus driver two days before Zimmerman shot him, Trayvon was looking for a helpless victim, he didn't find one and he paid for his thuggery with his life. I have no sympathy for him, he got what he desrved and who knows what future crimes, assaults, possibly murders Zimmerman prevented by punching this punk's ticket for him.

If you were walking down the street minding your own business and a Black man started following you and scoping you out, what would your reaction have been?

Well, it sure as heck wouldn't have been to confront him and slam his head into the sidewalk several times.

An armed neighborhood vigilante was following him. If he had been White, Zimmerman would not have been following him.

How do you know Zimmerman doesn't find the same behaviour, dress, and demeanour suspicious in people of any race who choose to project themselves as a gangbanging thug?

He was doing nothing suspicious. You cannot harass people because of the way they dress.
Try walking into a bank with ski masks and urban camo.....

The whole point of gangbanger clothes is the same as military uniforms: to announce their allegiances and status as violent persons prepared to engage in violence at any time.

He looked suspicious because he was Black, so the OP is correct.

:eusa_eh:

Zimmerman ought to be in prison.

He tracked down and murdered an unarmed innocent person.

no one tracked anyone down. no one is innocent in a fight. Tray was killed in a struggle he most likely initiated. HE shares blame

According to FBI forensics, the screams most likely came from Trayvon because they stopped right after the gunfire. This most likely means that the person screaming could no longer scream. Had the person screaming still been able to scream then the cries for help would have come after the shots were fired.
Or the person who wared was shocked and.or no longer in danger and ceased screaming following the experience.

Not unheard of for people to go silent. It's mostly hollywood where people (women) let out instance shrieks on cue like you seem to expect.

His color doesn't mean anything. If I know someone is following me, I could care less what color he is. I'm going to find out why.

It is not illegal to follow somebody on a city street. Stop being an idiot. Trayvon started a fight. It went badly.

end of story

An armed neighborhood vigilante was following him. If he had been White, Zimmerman would not have been following him.

And if Zimmerman had been black, armed and a white teenager was lying on the ground dead, the police would have smoked Zimmerman the minute that they arrived on the scene.......after they finished beating him.

Not a vigilante by any stretch of the term. Not a thug. Murder? Justifiable homicide

He was a self appointed neighborhood wanabee cop. In the recording on record of the conversation he had with police when he was following Martin, he made the statement "these assholes always get away".......get away from what?

There was no proof at the scene that Martin did anything, the THUG with the gun ASSumed he did, and based on his ASSumption chased him, when he should have followed the direction he was given not to do so.

Vigilante, and a cowardly thug with a police record for domestic violence.

It is not illegal to follow somebody on a city street. Stop being an idiot. Trayvon started a fight. It went badly.

end of story

And if Zimmerman had been black, armed and a white teenager was lying on the ground dead, the police would have smoked Zimmerman the minute that they arrived on the scene.......after they finished beating him.
Yeah, sure they would.

Projection adds NOTHING.....You should try dealing in facts, instead of making yourself sound like a complete idiot.

He was a self appointed neighborhood wanabee cop. In the recording on record of the conversation he had with police when he was following Martin, he made the statement "these assholes always get away".......get away from what?

There was no proof at the scene that Martin did anything, the THUG with the gun ASSumed he did, and based on his ASSumption chased him, when he should have followed the direction he was given not to do so.

Vigilante, and a cowardly thug with a police record for domestic violence.

That is how I see it. What did he mean by that statement of 'these assholes aways get away'. Does he mean that black youths get away with crime, because that is my logical conclusion.

Zimmerman was told not to follow him, but he did. He went looking for trouble, and he found it.

Nobody had the authority to tell Zimmerman not to follow him. Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman, just like he assaulted a bus driver two days before Zimmerman shot him, Trayvon was looking for a helpless victim, he didn't find one and he paid for his thuggery with his life. I have no sympathy for him, he got what he desrved and who knows what future crimes, assaults, possibly murders Zimmerman prevented by punching this punk's ticket for him.

What would have happened to Trayvon if Zimmerman had remained in his car?

If Zimmerman would have stayed in his car then of course Trayvon would not have had the opportunity to assault him like he did, but that's sorta like trying to blame the victim of a rapist for walking down a dark street at night in a mini skirt though isn't it?

Zimmerman had no authority to follow him and harass him.

Actually, until you are issued a court order prohibiting you from "stalking" someone, you can follow anyone you want in this nation, anytime you want as long as you don't tresspass on private property slick and as for harrasing, explain to me how following someone and reporting their whereabouts is "harrassing", which again, according to the law, is NOT legal justification to assault someone like trayvon did.

Forum List

Back