Trump insults a war hero

And that is a HUGE difference between Democrats and Republicans. You don't see Democrats unloading on Michael Dukakis or Al Gore or John Kerry. Because we know that in every presidential cycle, there can, at the end of the day, only be one winner.

Here's where I think the major difference is.

The GOP rank and file never wanted John McCain. The GOP Establishment did. McCain did not become the nominee in 2008 because there was some great groundswell for him. He became the nominee because everyone else became unacceptable.

The Evangelicals rejected Romney because he was a Mormon. (they got over that by 2012 because OMG, A Negro in the White House). Huckabee was unacceptable to Wall Street because he was a populist. Giuliani was unacceptable to social conservatives because of his views on abortion and gays and his divorces. Fred Thompson was never really a serious candidate. That left McCain by default, someone the base didn't want in 2000 and didn't want in 2008. But at least he was vetted and he didn't have any dead prostitutes in his basement.

So stu ck with a candidate they didn't want, when he lost spectacularly to Obama, a man the HATE with a passion, they just couldn't forgive him.

Which is why I fear that while this bullshit should be the end of Trump, it might not be.

I'm sorry, what is that crap about John McCain being a war hero?
Is it safe to say that if Obama had said that during the 2008 campaign you would have cheered him on?

It is safe to say that as much as it pains me I think Obama was a better pick than McCain. McCain would have declared war on the entire middle east and probably Russia had he been put into power. Add to that his indifference to the men and women who would have fought for him and it is a no brainer, John McCain is a despicable man.

That is how ignorant the GOP has become. The GOP is the only organization on the planet that could have gotten Obummer elected twice. John McCain should have exploited the injustice done to veterans and exposed the government trying to just let the very sick veterans die and used it to make an argument against further government health care. But a "maverick" like John McCain is an isle crosser. He does not seem to have a problem with government run health care.

John McCain ignored the secret VA death panels.

Again, shameful.

Reagan gave missiles to Iran..........

Yes, obsolete missiles that he made them pay three times the going rate for.

Oh, the horror.

Dude, you make the left look crazy. How about ratcheting it back a notch or two?
Don't tell me what to do fk face...........and link to your assertions about Reagan ...oh yeah and get bent...,...

the sainted mccain is lucky to still be sucking off the taxpayer dime. he was one of the corrupt keating 5

And that is a HUGE difference between Democrats and Republicans. You don't see Democrats unloading on Michael Dukakis or Al Gore or John Kerry. Because we know that in every presidential cycle, there can, at the end of the day, only be one winner.

The GOP rank and file never wanted John McCain. The GOP Establishment did. McCain did not become the nominee in 2008 because there was some great groundswell for him. He became the nominee because everyone else became unacceptable.

The Evangelicals rejected Romney because he was a Mormon. (they got over that by 2012 because OMG, A Negro in the White House). Huckabee was unacceptable to Wall Street because he was a populist. Giuliani was unacceptable to social conservatives because of his views on abortion and gays and his divorces. Fred Thompson was never really a serious candidate. That left McCain by default, someone the base didn't want in 2000 and didn't want in 2008. But at least he was vetted and he didn't have any dead prostitutes in his basement.

So stu ck with a candidate they didn't want, when he lost spectacularly to Obama, a man the HATE with a passion, they just couldn't forgive him.

Which is why I fear that while this bullshit should be the end of Trump, it might not be.

The travesty of the GOP is that things are so rigged that we all know Jeb will win the nomination, and we also know that he will lose to Hillary.

The GOP is a used tampon.

If a candidate wants to beat Hildabeast, they should run as an independent.

Ross Perot would have won had he not withdrawn from the race, as scary as that may seem to some.

However, he would never have beaten Bush for the GOP nomination.

No, Trump was wrong to lash-out at McCain in that fashion, especially since Trump has never so much as put on a uniform in his own right.

Most big mouths eventually find a way to stick their foot in that mouth... heck, I'm surprised that Trump took so long to reach this state of affairs.

Still, he talks a great game, when it comes to dealing with Illegal Aliens.

What he needs to do now is to publicly apologize to McCain.

He won't thought... he hasn't got it in him.

A fairly obvious and pivotal character flaw.
MCCain being a veteran protects him from all criticism of his betrayal of his country and his oath of office? Bullshit.

Bucky never served in the military either, are his opinions of veterans invalid too?

Just how far do you want to ride this absurd notion that anyone who served is immune from political reprisals and anyone who didn't serve has no right to speak?

Idiot.
Calm yourself, before you soil your panties, princess.

My #32 and #33 in this thread complete the process of articulating my position on McSame, and the way Trump trashed him.

A position which probably is not as distant from your own as you seem to perceive, here.

As to being an 'idiot' - well, perhaps you're right - Lord knows, I can be as dumb as a box-o-rox from time to time, like most folks.

Then again, I'm comforted by the notion that, as dumb as I am, I have others, such as yourself, to remind me that there's always somebody in worse shape than I am.

Thanks for being there, to remind me that - despite my ever-so-obvious intellectual shortcomings - the cup is half full, after all.
wink_smile.gif

Sure, I can understand and accept that line of logic; actually, I have thought of bits and peices of it myself.

But if Republicans are looking for a Messiah to lead them to glorious victory, they are going to be looking for a long, long time.

If a candidate wants to beat Hildabeast, they should run as an independent.

Ross Perot would have won had he not withdrawn from the race, as scary as that may seem to some.

However, he would never have beaten Bush for the GOP nomination.

That's an interesting thought, but I am sorry, polling never ever showed Perot leading even in one single state of the Union in 1992. Ever. So, no, he would not have won.

war hero Kerry

war hero ????? :lmao:... :lmao:... :lmao:... :lmao:

are you referring to the three band-aid wounded coward who shot an innocent kid in the back when running away to save his life ? that war hero ?? :lmao:... :lmao:

Yeah, they had to dig deep to make that "traitor" to his own fellow service members out to be some; war hero.
the people ALIVE back then when he came home after FOUR frikken months in Vietnam and testified against his fellow Military soldiers knows what he is and is Appalled he is now Sos. BUT that's OBAMA for you. Shove things in our face and piss on us at the same time. NASTY snakes all the Democrat party

Better to respond to the subject rather than the person. Everyone in the world is an asshole. The left even denigrates God Himself.

The travesty of the GOP is that things are so rigged that we all know Jeb will win the nomination, and we also know that he will lose to Hillary.

The GOP is a used tampon.

Oy, Gewalt!

McCain himself, in his auto biography admits that 2 of the 5 multi million dollar jets he crashed were his fault and the third one doesn't count because that one wasn't crashed that badly even though he cost thousands of people their power because he hit a power line while grandstanding.

The fourth jet was destroyed on the Forestall. The Navy exonerated McCain even though it was his jet where the conflagration began that cost the lives of over 130 seamen. Thank God his father and grandfather were admirals.

And the 5th jet was shot down in Vietnam even though some have said that McCain was flying against orders too low.

Some have called McCain stupid but not me. The guy was involved with the destruction of 5 jets and over 130 Navy seamen dying and McCain managed to come out clean as a whistle on each one.

Just because he gradated 5th from the bottom out of nearly 900 graduating cadets doesn't mean he's stupid. After all he did graduate and I'm sure his Admiral grand father and Admiral grandfather had nothing to do with it.

OUTSTANDING.... That was a great fact enema.

Yes, McCain sucked as a pilot but at least he had the balls to fly combat missions unlike Bush who got a cushy gig with the Texas Air National Guard and even then he went AWOL.

And as opposed to both Bill Clinton and Obama who did nothing.
How old was Obama during Viet Nam? How dare he not volunteer at the great age of.....10-14!

Couldn't sign up and serve in the Gulf War or what?

He was 29 when the Gulf War I began. How many 29-30 year olds sign up at that age? I think you already know the answer to that one.

Why didnt he sign up before? Nobody was stopping him.

I do find it funny that the same people who called McCain names like "Juan McAmnesty" are the ones who are horrified, just horrified, that Trump dissed McCain's war record.

If the right wing really respected McCain, they'd have made him the nominee in 2000.

Now, yeah, in a sane world, this should be the end of Trump. But the fact is, the people who make up the GOP base have never forgiven McCain for losing to Obama.

Well, that and Democrats just got so used to losing!

lol

Forum List

Back