Trump screws Indiana ,,,

Isn't it nice to see that en masse conservatives have shifted their position,

and now support taxpayer bailouts to benefit union workers in the Rust Belt.

Welcome aboard! And you people thought progressives lost this election! lol

Actually Obama forced Chrysler Dodge to accept a buy out takeover from Fiat, an Italian auto manufacturer, as a condition to receiving any taxpayer government bail-out. Congratulations!

Uses 700,000 in Indiana tax payer money to buy off Carrier and pence is still gov. to make it possible
What "$700,000" is that?
Thats 700,000 A YEAR where it comes from will be stated at a later date NOW is the time for ALL those whose companies left or are leaving to complain to the great savoir rump
So you would rather have 1000 jobs leave than have tax revenue decrease by $700,000? How much tax revenue do you suppose 1000 employed people turn over to the state government?

It's truly sad the way leftwing morons can't do simple math problems.

Uses 700,000 in Indiana tax payer money to buy off Carrier and pence is still gov. to make it possible

Gee, if I was one of the 1000 people who still has a job and could pay my bills because of Trump I'd call you an asshole.
Maybe you could be one of the 1000's that dump didn't pay Then you can call yourself an asshole?
1000s? You have some evidence to support this claim, I suppose?

What "$700,000" is that?
Thats 700,000 A YEAR where it comes from will be stated at a later date NOW is the time for ALL those whose companies left or are leaving to complain to the great savoir rump
So you would rather have 1000 jobs leave than have tax revenue decrease by $700,000? How much tax revenue do you suppose 1000 employed people turn over to the state government?

Yes saved 1000 jobs but this is not any answer to our structural problems Using a gun to their heads How many more will now want a good deal or else

What "$700,000" is that?

Yes saved 1000 jobs but this is not any answer to our structural problems Using a gun to their heads How many more will now want a good deal or else
States have been giving tax relief to big employers for decades. What makes this example special?

Ok, I'll play bean counter with you, forget about the human suffering that was avoided by keeping the jobs here. $700,000 comes to $875 per year per job. What would the state and local governments have lost in tax revenues not only from the families effected but from all the businesses they patronize? What would have been the cost of social services to these unemployed families? When you think this through, it is clear that not only the Carrier workers benefited from this deal but all the people in Indiana benefited from it.
Since when is threatening Companies considered pro growth ?
Since when would sending jobs to Mexico be considered pro growth?

Ok, I'll play bean counter with you, forget about the human suffering that was avoided by keeping the jobs here. $700,000 comes to $875 per year per job. What would the state and local governments have lost in tax revenues not only from the families effected but from all the businesses they patronize? What would have been the cost of social services to these unemployed families? When you think this through, it is clear that not only the Carrier workers benefited from this deal but all the people in Indiana benefited from it.
Only a liberal would see a negative in keeping business here. Thank God they lost a big one.
no problem ice love seeing folks keeping their jobs BUT NOW WHAT ?? What about all the others who saw their bread and butter leave America ?? When will dump help them??
Dump them? WTF? Tax incentives and less regulation will help a bunch.
STILL the difference in the costs of manufacturing in other countries can't be beat with tax incentives and less regulation imo
Add tariffs and it becomes an even playing field.

I can't beat your bald faced stupidity.....When your idiots policies fall on your head I'll lmao
Yeah, just like those inevitable facts that Trump had no path to victory, Brexit was never going to pass, the MBS were all AAA as well as the CDS' written on them, roflmao.

You are a fucking moron.

Welcome to my ignore list, you stupid ape.

No jobs were saved because the auto industry was in no danger of going under. The companies would have restructured under a bankruptcy. Which is what they did anyway.
A few jobs were saved, but for the most part, GM was not a likely "going out of bidness" sale.

What "$700,000" is that?

States have been giving tax relief to big employers for decades. What makes this example special?

Agreed. States are constantly giving tax incentives, and this particular deal looks benign.

But...

Trump makes it different.

He lead us to believe that he would play hardball with these extortionists, not reward them with the taxpayer's money.

Trump said he was going to threaten them with a 35% tax if they left and tried to sell their products here. Instead, he just wrote them a check.

They make a shit ton in no-bid defense contracts and their parent company enjoys healthy profits. Again, we give them huge government contracts, and - somehow - they pay us back by going to fucking Mexico. The citizens of Indiana don't need to dignify their lack of patriotism with a handout. Point is: Trump had great cards, but he paid them off and still lost roughly 1,300 jobs. We know Obama can't negotiate his way out of a paper bag but this is Trump's specialty, right? He gave several speeches on how he was going to handle this. He caved.

Last edited:
Does someone have a link to this deal? As I heard it, Trump and Pense offered a tax break to keep the jobs in Indiana.

That is NOT a payment to the company.
Dark the way I heard it it was a 700,000 tax break for 10 years
So, this company did not actually receive any money. Another deceitful cult of personality meme by the left.

What "$700,000" is that?

All of them probably. The Donald wants to drop corporate tax rates down to 15% across the board. All states and local governments can and DO offer tax incentives to companies that employ people. You apparently don't understand why, which means you have no understanding of economies.

That tax money was never the governments to begin with, so they have no claim to it… Taxation without representation asshole

Forum List

Back