Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

Personally, I think there should a trophy competition in India. There is a certain village there that likes to set elephants on fire and laugh and watch as the elephants scream in pain and run until they drop dead. And if they drop, they toss more tar balls and firecrackers to get them up running some more with more flames burning them alive. Even baby elephants.

Kill the people. Save the elephants.

If you want folks to understand what the hell you are talking about, produce a link. Some of us don't watch TV.
It's true. It just happened today. Should make Don Jr. and Eric very happy? :death:For me, it is disgusting. It sends young people the message it is okay to kill for pleasure. Very bad call for undeveloped minds to absorb.

Animals are here on earth to be harvested... no two ways about it
If you're out in your boat, fishing with your dog, and the boat flips, I promise I will rescue the dog. Ill do my best to get to you next.
be0594a9f3017209cfc583a25b6f63fdf0b42b4336fb323f5dcc927061d81d82.jpg

If you want folks to understand what the hell you are talking about, produce a link. Some of us don't watch TV.
It's true. It just happened today. Should make Don Jr. and Eric very happy? :death:For me, it is disgusting. It sends young people the message it is okay to kill for pleasure. Very bad call for undeveloped minds to absorb.

"We protect innocent life"

"Hey, dad, I just killed an Elephant"

"Good work son, what crime did the Elephant commit?"

"It looked at me"

"Good job son, now go watch South Park, there's a good boy"

Once upon a time I had a "friend" who told me she no longer wanted to be friends with me because she asked me a dumb question which was "if you were in a boat with my kids and it began to sink, but your dog was there too...you would save my kids, right?" and I said "no. I would save my dog. Then come back for your kids". :D

And I meant it.
Well, I MAY be kidding, but maybe not. Depends on the dog and depends on the owner.

The thing about dogs, they'd give their life for their pet human. Too many humans consider their "pet" disposable "toys" to be discarded when they're done playing with them. In those cases, save the dog, forget the human.

elephants are there to be harvested
You harvest grain, not thinking creatures.

If we weren't taking 10s of thousands of deer in this country per year they will starve and you will have a lot more people killed in accidents with them on the highways.

People=Viruses. Spread and spread and spread until nothing else is alive.
Elephants=good. Pure spirits.
You ever see male elephants raised w/o fathers? Nasty creatures.

They really aren't so different from us.

This sort of thinking is what is getting us into trouble. When folks can't see us in them, then it becomes okay to kill them. Stop that.

They ARE us, and we are them. We are no worse or better then any other creature, everything in nature has it's place, it is all about balance.

Unfortunately, yes, things right now, are quite out of balance.

(I noticed you also disparaged Viruses there too eh?)

Once upon a time I had a "friend" who told me she no longer wanted to be friends with me because she asked me a dumb question which was "if you were in a boat with my kids and it began to sink, but your dog was there too...you would save my kids, right?" and I said "no. I would save my dog. Then come back for your kids". :D

And I meant it.
Well, I MAY be kidding, but maybe not. Depends on the dog and depends on the owner.

The thing about dogs, they'd give their life for their pet human. Too many humans consider their "pet" disposable "toys" to be discarded when they're done playing with them. In those cases, save the dog, forget the human.
True. Depends on the person. But her kids? Oh hell no. They are brats, obnoxious, crude, mean. Fuck them and anyone else. They can fucking swim on their own. I'd save my dog. Every time.

Could we just admit that the reasons elephants are on the concern list is because of ivory poaching and loss of habitat. It has nothing to do with trophy hunting or Donald Trump.

I like elephants more than I like people.
I can't say I have ever met one.

There are a few people I like though.

I knew a couple when I was young.

Wonderful beings. Poop a lot.
I've had this discussion with an anarcho-capitalist friend of mine. Personally I love nature and I am disgusted with trophy hunting, but this friend of mine showed me the facts, and, I am afraid to say that. . . the post by OKTexas is correct, as much as it is distasteful.

The better question is why would we block big game trophies that are taken legally? Fees and licenses paid by hunters help preserve wild game.

If we want endangered and threatened animals to survive, the best places to keep them safe in an increasingly poor and desperate world for money and resources, against something known as the "tragedy of the commons," the profit motive is the best way to guarantee their biological diversity on private game reserves, these are self-funding. To help encourage this, the US should probably work WITH these poor nations, not against them, to promote the type of tourism that sportsmen and the market are demanding, not just the type the feel good left would like to see.

Andre Walker - Liberal Hypocrisy Over Mandela Game Hunting

I empathize and understand your feelings, I really do, trust me on this, for I share them. Elephants truly are amazing creatures. Someday humanity will evolve to fully understand their consciousness, to a point, where EVERYONE will understand their type of consciousness and relationship with the planet and universe. When that day comes, hopefully the species will still exist and humanity can begin to collectively atone for our past transgressions against them.

Thank you.
Yeah...nah...

Millions around the world reacted with shock when it was revealed an American hunter paying tens of thousands of dollars had killed Zimbabwe's most famous lion, Cecil.

While the way Cecil was lured out of Hwange National Park to be killed was truly horrendous, it does not reveal the darkest side to Africa's hunting industry.

That award goes to the canned - or 'captive' - hunting in neighbouring South Africa, where lions have been reduced to little more than 'farmyard chickens', bred in their hundreds on private reserves before being released just so that high-paying tourists can hunt them down using guns - or bows for the ultimate 'trophy' kill.

Shockingly, an undercover investigation for a new film into the trade reveals that safari companies will even send out prospective hunters a catalogue so they can choose the exact animal they want to kill - ranging in price from $5,400 (£3,500) to $48,000 (£31,000), depending on size and condition.

Read more: Canned lions bred in South Africa to be shot by hunters for £31k | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Canned lions bred in South Africa to be shot by hunters for £31k | Daily Mail Online

So. . . what you are saying is we need never worry about whether the lion will go extinct or be endangered under this program?

Yeah, that was all I was saying. Thanks for just reaffirming what I was saying.

I already said, it was disgusting, but yeah, there it is.

If it isn't legal, it will be driven underground, out on the veld, until the lions, zebra, and giraffe meet the same fate as the black rhino, is that what you really want?

Seriously?

btw...fuck trump and his scummy boys who have little peckers. I guess they take after dad in that department.

We have no need to slaughter elephants.

Personally, I think there should a trophy competition in India. There is a certain village there that likes to set elephants on fire and laugh and watch as the elephants scream in pain and run until they drop dead. And if they drop, they toss more tar balls and firecrackers to get them up running some more with more flames burning them alive. Even baby elephants.

Wow, post a link for that, I have a hard time believe such a thing.

Once again the far left drones hopped onto their debunked religious narrative and ran with it.

The fees these hunters pay go toward conservation also it is only in two countries. They are also not done in the wild, but in conservation lands.

The far left once again missed by light years with their debunked religious dogma!

Could we just admit that the reasons elephants are on the concern list is because of ivory poaching and loss of habitat. It has nothing to do with trophy hunting or Donald Trump.
We should not encourage it.

Wow, post a link for that, I have a hard time believe such a thing.
NOOOOO! Took me 3 days to almost wipe that image from my head. I am barely in THIS thread, scrolling ever so slowly so I am not hit with that image again. I will never forget that baby screaming while on fire and the smiling faces of the villagers. EVER.

So please folks...do not post pics. Post LINKS instead for those who don't mind seeing such horrible pics.

Forum List

Back