Trump to allow imports of African elephant trophies

This news made me sick.

I agree with President Trump in almost everything.

But this news is a total disgrace!

Shooting these magnificent creatures for sport should be considered a crime.

May these monsters who hunt for sport end their lives in the darkest and most horrible pits of Hell.

81 and didn't know that elephant is edible, well , you learned something new i guess . Anyway , i think that dried elephant meat is called BILTONG and is similar to beef jerky at least in making and storing it Eddie . Plus . think it was 'mugabe' that has had elephant slaughtered a few times to feed starving villagers . Also , i have read that 'zimbabwe' has explored the possibility of selling elephant meat on a commercial basis Eddie .

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.
So you would have those carcasses rot in the jungle for no good reason?
Hey--if you don't want the carcasses to rot in the jungle, DON'T SHOOT THEM!

PH's in the area dispose of rogue elephants, and portion the meat to the village. Same with Cape Buffalo, Lions, and any dangerous game.

Ivory poaching is as fucked up as the idiots are who make constant excuses, and could care less.

81 and didn't know that elephant is edible, well , you learned something new i guess . Anyway , i think that dried elephant meat is called BILTONG and is similar to beef jerky at least in making and storing it Eddie . Plus . think it was 'mugabe' that has had elephant slaughtered a few times to feed starving villagers . Also , i have read that 'zimbabwe' has explored the possibility of selling elephant meat on a commercial basis Eddie .

dirt poor natives eat anything and everything - they call it "bush meat", there's a big market for bush meat too.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-21-at-9.04.18-AM.png

1200px-Bushmeat_-_Buschfleisch_Ghana.JPG

The sad reality is the only places that have healthy elephant populations are those that allow hunts. Eco hunters don't pay even one tenth what a real hunter will pay for an elephant. In the long run it helps far more elephants than it harms.
The problem is that elephants live in intergenerational family units. They are long lived, slow to msture and highly intelligent. Older ones teach younger ones and knowledge gets passed down through generations.

We have no business killing such creatures for sport. If there were no market for dead elephant parts there would be no value in poaching. Now we are opening the market again to poorly regulated indistry. :(

All of that is true, but as a person who has lived and worked in Africa for years at a time, I can tell you that in areas where hunting is allowed the elephant population is doing OK. Not great mind you, but OK. Where hunting is outlawed they are nearing extinction. It's as simple as that.
My question is why allow any to be killed and mutilated ?Are they causing problems ? To make wanton killing of them a sport is imo disguesting

Because where they are allowed to be hunted they are valuable so the locals (who depend on the hunters for their livelihood) prevent poachers from killing them in their thousands. They control the number of elephant that can be killed every year. It's as simple as that. Like I said, I can't stand that they are killed, but the alternative is so much worse.
I can understand if they were like deer and over run where folks live ,, destroy gardens,.. and there are just too damn many , but are elephants like the deer and is elephant meat edible?

That’s exactly how it is, but alittle more complicated. In lots of places in Africa , the tribes own the land similar to how Indian reservations work so they get to sell the animals to be hunted. Boom, cash profit for the natives who own the land, then there is the meat. I’m thinking an elephant has allot. Then there is the ivorey. Here is the myth, the ivory is still the property of the tribe or landowners,not the hunter. So there is yet another cash book for the land owners, so they can now take the money from those elephants that typically get culled. Basically the government flys over a herd, shoots a given number of adults Or they poison them. Trump was actually HELPING here.

dirt poor natives eat anything and everything - they call it "bush meat", there's a big market for bush meat too.

Yeah, those would be the evil ivorey hunters you hate so much. The places where big gMe hunting is an industry live pretty good.

and the IVORY , Dead Elephants provide ivory and i have no problem with that Ivory being sold .

The problem is that elephants live in intergenerational family units. They are long lived, slow to msture and highly intelligent. Older ones teach younger ones and knowledge gets passed down through generations.

We have no business killing such creatures for sport. If there were no market for dead elephant parts there would be no value in poaching. Now we are opening the market again to poorly regulated indistry. :(

All of that is true, but as a person who has lived and worked in Africa for years at a time, I can tell you that in areas where hunting is allowed the elephant population is doing OK. Not great mind you, but OK. Where hunting is outlawed they are nearing extinction. It's as simple as that.
My question is why allow any to be killed and mutilated ?Are they causing problems ? To make wanton killing of them a sport is imo disguesting

Because where they are allowed to be hunted they are valuable so the locals (who depend on the hunters for their livelihood) prevent poachers from killing them in their thousands. They control the number of elephant that can be killed every year. It's as simple as that. Like I said, I can't stand that they are killed, but the alternative is so much worse.
I can understand if they were like deer and over run where folks live ,, destroy gardens,.. and there are just too damn many , but are elephants like the deer and is elephant meat edible?

That’s exactly how it is, but alittle more complicated. In lots of places in Africa , the tribes own the land similar to how Indian reservations work so they get to sell the animals to be hunted. Boom, cash profit for the natives who own the land, then there is the meat. I’m thinking an elephant has allot. Then there is the ivorey. Here is the myth, the ivory is still the property of the tribe or landowners,not the hunter. So there is yet another cash book for the land owners, so they can now take the money from those elephants that typically get culled. Basically the government flys over a herd, shoots a given number of adults Or they poison them. Trump was actually HELPING here.

Trump helping - the mother fucker needs to help you learn how to spell 3rd grade words.

Trump helping --- :lmao::lmao::lmao:

yeah, go with that one ..

Can't remember the island I visited years ago but I had lion steak Not so good

yep , i can only guess . Course some people eat stuff because the belief is that some power will be transferred to them

Is there a challenge to 'hunting' and shooting an elephant? Try hunting deer with a recurve bow without sights. That's what hunting is. btw, I got 5 that way. lol

21 inch 8 point - 9 yards - 52# Wing Recurve Hunter

20 1/2 inch 10 point - 13 yards - Bear WhiteTail Hunter

18 inch 9 point - 12 yards - Bear WTH

16 inch 9 point - close enough to touch with my toe when he walked by too close, killed him 3 steps later - Bear WTH

4 more all 15 inches or better ..

Easton XX75's - Savora fixed 5 blade broad heads

7 gobblers, 6 hogs, 1 Javalina

every kill under 20 yards - South Texas Brush Country - no blind - no feeder- no high fence.

elephant killers - meh.

And taking deer with bow and arrow is far more painful to the deer. A hunter using a rifle, who places their shot properly, will instantly, to near instantly kill the deer. Even the best bow shot consigns the deer to a lingering death due to bleeding out. It is not a pleasant way to go.

that's the classic anti-hunter line.

It is also factual. I don't hunt anymore. I used to, but all of my kills were instant. I simply can't abide an animal suffering.

lol, all of your kills were instant. No real hunter would make that claim.

Can't remember the island I visited years ago but I had lion steak Not so good

a friend of mine has been to Africa twice on photo safari's .. he tried to get me to go both times .. I told him I would go as long as I could bring a sack lunch with my own food..

I didn't lose anything in ZuLu land so I'll keep my Texas ass right here - thank you.

Compassion, social intelligence, decisiveness, patience, wisdom. These are all qualities found in elephants and not found in the people allowing them to be killed for trophies.

This news made me sick.

I agree with President Trump in almost everything.

But this news is a total disgrace!

Shooting these magnificent creatures for sport should be considered a crime.

May these monsters who hunt for sport end their lives in the darkest and most horrible pits of Hell.

it keeps the herds healthy

i just see this as very inhumane

starving-elephant-1.jpg

Last edited:
and the IVORY , Dead Elephants provide ivory and i have no problem with that Ivory being sold .

That’s really a complete and complicated issue. For instance, there is so much ivorey sitting in evidence lockers and private collections that they could flood the market and all but end the ivory poaching trade.its some very interesting shit.

trump-sons.jpg

Of course he is. Clearly, we can see why.

Now this is a terrible thing. I agree. I can not agree with Trump on this one. Elephants are dying from loss of habitat and poachers as well. Elephants are intelligent creatures and should not be considered game animals except for the case of some tribe who may eat one for food. its all about greed and their ivory tusks. complete BS.

Forum List

Back