trump's greatest disaster may have alteady happened....

Yawn. Puerto Rico was a disaster long before the hurricane.

Those are American citizens.

Just like you and I.

They pay taxes just like you and I.

Right, but akin to a Democrat-run city/state that runs itself into the ground and expects everyone else to bail them out when things go bad.

We bailed out Texas with hurricane Harvey last year. We've bailed out Florida many times from many hurricanes. We bailed out Louisiana when Katrina hit and we bailed out the whole gulf when the oil pipe poisoned it.

That's on top of the fact that most red states get the majority of the revenues for their state budgets from federal tax dollars. While many red states receive much more than they contribute in federal tax dollars. Some red states get over twice the amount they contribute.

2018’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Yet that's ok with you people.

It's also ok for your fellow American to die simply because they have a different view from you or the color of their skin is the wrong color. The people you put into office abandoned them to die.

What a great American you are. NOT.

Florida bailed itself out dumbass. I was here. If FEMA was here I never saw em.

The only outside aide I saw was electric companies coming into the State to get the power back on.

We has shelters set up and security for those shelters. They were used to. We also had people running food to the elderly. Hurricanes are no fun but we worked together to get through the aftermath.

BENGHAZI!

Where are the seven investigations of how Trump handled Puerto Rico and what he could have done to save more lives

Four people were killed in Benghazi while 5000 died under Trump

I guess they will have to wait until the Dems take House in November. :
The GOP controlled House is worthless..
They want to give Trump a medal

Well they gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize when he did absolutely nothing.

At least Trump sent aide. Ever been through a Hurricane?? I have and they are no joke.

PR had warning that it was coming and didn't do much.

Yeah....they shoulda moved the island....
They’re lefties. They were afraid they’d tip it over.

Just like you and I.

It's disgusting to see an American say that about their fellow Americans.

It is true that Puerto Ricans have U.S. citizenship due to a series of congressional statutes. But it is also true that these statutes were enacted without consulting Puerto Ricans

As any Puerto Rican where they are a citizen and they will tell you Puerto Rico, not the US.

It doesn't matter what you say or anyone says.

They're American citizens. They pay American taxes. They are you fellow American citizen and you have no problem with abandoning them to die.

You even make very lame excuses for abandoning them and forcing thousands of them to die needless early deaths.

When will conservatives respect all Americans no matter what political party they are and no matter what the color of skin they have?

They are Americans. Period.

Just like you and I.

It is true that Puerto Ricans have U.S. citizenship due to a series of congressional statutes. But it is also true that these statutes were enacted without consulting Puerto Ricans

As any Puerto Rican where they are a citizen and they will tell you Puerto Rico, not the US.

They're American citizens. They pay American taxes. They are you fellow American citizen and you have no problem with abandoning them to die.

You even make very lame excuses for abandoning them and forcing thousands of them to die needless early deaths.

When will conservatives respect all Americans no matter what political party they are and no matter what the color of skin they have?

You are full of shit.

The Commonwealth government has its own tax laws and Puerto Ricans are also required to pay some US federal taxes, although most residents do not have to pay the federal personal income tax. In 2009, Puerto Rico paid $3.742 billion into the US Treasury

If you're a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico during the entire tax year, you generally aren't required to file a U.S. federal income tax return if your only income is from sources within Puerto Rico.Feb 28, 2018

And no. They aren't Americans. They are Puerto Ricans.

They reside in a territory. Ask any of them and they will tell you they are Puerto Rican citizens. Not US citizens.

BENGHAZI!

Where are the seven investigations of how Trump handled Puerto Rico and what he could have done to save more lives

At least Trump sent aide. Ever been through a Hurricane?? I have and they are no joke.

I went through Hurricane Sandy and we lacked electricity for eight days. That was a Cat 1 hurricane
Puerto Rico went through two Cat 5 s in a ten day period. Nobody can prepare for that
Trump dropped the ball and made a half assed attempt at aid and patted himself on the back from day one. Gave himself an A plus for his performance
5000 died

BENGHAZI!

I went through Hurricane Sandy and we lacked electricity for eight days. That was a Cat 1 hurricane
Puerto Rico went through two Cat 5 s in a ten day period. Nobody can prepare for that
Trump dropped the ball and made a half assed attempt at aid and patted himself on the back from day one. Gave himself an A plus for his performance
5000 died

The number isn't fact. stop using it.

Just like you and I.

You are full of shit.

The Commonwealth government has its own tax laws and Puerto Ricans are also required to pay some US federal taxes, although most residents do not have to pay the federal personal income tax. In 2009, Puerto Rico paid $3.742 billion into the US Treasury

If you're a bona fide resident of Puerto Rico during the entire tax year, you generally aren't required to file a U.S. federal income tax return if your only income is from sources within Puerto Rico.Feb 28, 2018

They reside in a territory. Ask any of them and they will tell you they are Puerto Rican citizens. Not US citizens.
They are US citizens just like you and I

BENGHAZI!

5000 died

Well I went through four hurricanes in one year down here in Florida and we took care of business.

PR didn't do enough for its citizens and to blame Trump is damned stupid.

Oh wait, I forgot. madam president isn't POTUS. Never mind.

Just like you and I.

You are full of shit.

They are US citizens just like you and I

Not quite.

upload_2018-5-31_13-14-43.jpeg

United States citizenship. On March 2, 1917, the Jones–Shafroth Act was signed, collectively making Puerto Ricans United States citizens without rescinding their Puerto Rican citizenship.

Seems they hold duel citizenship and if you ask them they will tell you they are Puerto Ricans, not American.

BENGHAZI!

5000 died

She can't help it. Anything she thinks makes Trump look bad, well there ya go.

BENGHAZI!

5000 died

Yeah and I wonder just how much aide RWer thinks would have been enough??

Since RWer and the rest of the lefties on this board were so worried about it I wonder if any of them shagged their asses to PR to help out?? Won't be holding my breath on that one. Talk is damned cheap and they should know.

5000 died

Yeah and I wonder just how much aide RWer thinks would have been enough??

I doubt he knows the exact logistics required to restore basic infrastructure, especially if that infrastructure is sub-par.

BENGHAZI!

Nope they should have prepared better.

I've been through many hurricanes and believe me we get plenty of warning, set up shelters and have things ready.

The major damage was to their infrastructure....roads....bridges....
electrical grid. Thos. Issues cannot be "prepared for." trump blew it....bigger even than W did.

Just like you and I.

Right, but akin to a Democrat-run city/state that runs itself into the ground and expects everyone else to bail them out when things go bad.

We bailed out Texas with hurricane Harvey last year. We've bailed out Florida many times from many hurricanes. We bailed out Louisiana when Katrina hit and we bailed out the whole gulf when the oil pipe poisoned it.

That's on top of the fact that most red states get the majority of the revenues for their state budgets from federal tax dollars. While many red states receive much more than they contribute in federal tax dollars. Some red states get over twice the amount they contribute.

It's also ok for your fellow American to die simply because they have a different view from you or the color of their skin is the wrong color. The people you put into office abandoned them to die.

BUT....BUT....PUERTO RICANS ARE BROWN....GET IT?

wink wink

I've been through many hurricanes and believe me we get plenty of warning, set up shelters and have things ready.

electrical grid. Thos. Issues cannot be "prepared for." trump blew it....bigger even than W did.

Funny that people died cause trump ignores them.....? Really?

Actually they can.

But Jimmy twat is ignoring me so someone else please enlighten him.

Just like you and I.

Florida bailed itself out dumbass. I was here. If FEMA was here I never saw em.

The only outside aide I saw was electric companies coming into the State to get the power back on.

We has shelters set up and security for those shelters. They were used to. We also had people running food to the elderly. Hurricanes are no fun but we worked together to get through the aftermath.

I tried to read your reply but the lie in the first sentence is as far as I could get.

So you were alive and remember 1935? You were alive and remember 1960?

Is English your second language?

If you read my post I said we bailed out Florida many times for many hurricanes. Every time a natural disaster is declared, that triggers the federal government and tax dollars. Which the list of hurricanes at the link below were all natural disasters and triggered federal dollars. I don't know if FEMA existed in 1935 and 1960 but federal dollars were used to help with the recovery.

Florida Disaster - The website for Florida disasters online - FloridaDisaster.com

Florida relied not just on federal dollars but private insurance dollars. I remember after Andrew how because of that hurricane, my home insurance premiums more than doubled. I live in the exact opposite corner of the nation from Florida. I have never lived or owned property in the state. Not because of any claim I made. I never made any claim on home insurance at that house. I called Allstate and they told me because of Andrew in Florida they were raising rates on everyone in the nation. Allstate was a big insurer there and the claims were too much for them. So they raised rates on everyone to pay for it.

Florida has a long history of hurricanes then coming to the federal government to pay for it. They sure don't believe in taxing their population to be able to pay for it themselves. The property taxes there are very low. But they do impose a lot of high taxes on those who visit your state. The last time I was there, the taxes on hotels and rental cars was nuts. There were 5 separate taxes on both the hotel and car rental. The taxes came to nearly the same rate as the hotel room and car themselves.

I was very sad to see the Keys hit so badly last year. I love the Keys. I increased my donation to the Florida Keys Wild Bird Center last year to help them clean up the mess from the hurricane. They're a private organization in Tavernier. They do a lot of good work rehabilitating wild birds. I had a small project for donations of Dawn soap to send to them when the pipe burst in the Gulf. We ended up sending them a dozen boxes filled with the soap to clean the birds.

Trump ignored them in a time of tragedy

3.8 Billion just to repair the electrical system is ignoring?

Puerto Rico grid 'teetering' despite $3.8 billion repair job

People were dying because they lacked medication, because they lacked clean water, lacked electricity

First thing Trump did was let them know there were limits on what he was willing to do, let them know they are on the clock

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. To allow 5000 Americans to die after the hurricane was over is a disgrace

First of all the 5000 number is an estimate based on some study. stop using it as a fact.

2nd, the limits applied to bailing out their debt, not the relief efforts being made. Billions has been spent providing aid. It's not the feds fault the existing infrastructure was shit, nor is it the feds fault the existing State emergency planning and organization was shit.

3rd, it seems the PR people don't want to try to figure out how to prevent this from happening again.

Hurricane Aid Has Eased Puerto Rico’s Finances. It May Not Be Enough.

Billions of dollars of disaster aid flowing into Puerto Rico since last fall’s devastating hurricane have boosted the bankrupt island’s finances, but the island’s federal overseers said Thursday that it would take still more austerity to translate those temporary gains into a lasting recovery.

At a meeting in San Juan of the territory’s federal oversight board, members called on Puerto Rico to reform its labor laws and fix its insolvent government pension system quickly, while it still had the benefit of both the disaster money and court protection from creditors under a special new bankruptcy law for United States territories.

The top Puerto Rican financial official at the meeting, Gerardo Portela, called the oversight board’s insistence on more cutbacks “inhumane,” coming so soon after a catastrophic natural disaster.

And Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, who has sought to avoid painful cuts to pensions and compensation, accused the board of overstepping the limits of its legal authority and said he did not intend to do its bidding.

“Our position has always been clear,” he said in a statement on Thursday. “Issues that are not in line with my government’s public policy will not be carried out. Period.”
One of the most fertile places in the world doesn't grow a fucking carrot!!!!!!!!!!
Why? Because the PR Gov. is 100% corrupt socialist!

People were dying because they lacked medication, because they lacked clean water, lacked electricity

First thing Trump did was let them know there were limits on what he was willing to do, let them know they are on the clock

We are the wealthiest nation on earth. To allow 5000 Americans to die after the hurricane was over is a disgrace

First of all the 5000 number is an estimate based on some study. stop using it as a fact.

2nd, the limits applied to bailing out their debt, not the relief efforts being made. Billions has been spent providing aid. It's not the feds fault the existing infrastructure was shit, nor is it the feds fault the existing State emergency planning and organization was shit.

3rd, it seems the PR people don't want to try to figure out how to prevent this from happening again.

Billions of dollars of disaster aid flowing into Puerto Rico since last fall’s devastating hurricane have boosted the bankrupt island’s finances, but the island’s federal overseers said Thursday that it would take still more austerity to translate those temporary gains into a lasting recovery.

At a meeting in San Juan of the territory’s federal oversight board, members called on Puerto Rico to reform its labor laws and fix its insolvent government pension system quickly, while it still had the benefit of both the disaster money and court protection from creditors under a special new bankruptcy law for United States territories.

The top Puerto Rican financial official at the meeting, Gerardo Portela, called the oversight board’s insistence on more cutbacks “inhumane,” coming so soon after a catastrophic natural disaster.

And Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, who has sought to avoid painful cuts to pensions and compensation, accused the board of overstepping the limits of its legal authority and said he did not intend to do its bidding.

“Our position has always been clear,” he said in a statement on Thursday. “Issues that are not in line with my government’s public policy will not be carried out. Period.”
One of the most fertile places in the world doesn't grow a fucking carrot!!!!!!!!!!

puerto rican agriculture - Google Search

Thanks to trump's incompetence...they will be struggling for years...

Forum List

Back