Unqualfied white man admitted into Harvard over more qualfied blacks

A more accurate analogy rather than your very weak one

Would be to get in a time machine and go back in time to before Europe colonized the world.

And purple ppl not only flogged Irish Americans but invaded and colonized all of Europe.

Occupy them. Steal their land and resources. Set up some kind of like, I don’t know, Trans-Asian slave trade, where purple ppl exported all White people (not just Irish Americans) to work on giant rice plantations in China and Africa.

Ruin Europe over the course of a couple centuries. So all their descendants would want to migrate out n live in the places where purple ppl come from.

In that time, purple ppl would make sure they'd set up systems that privilege purple ppl at every conceivable social, political and economic opportunity.

Every couple of decades purple ppl would make up some fake war as an excuse to go bomb white people back to the Stone Age and say it’s for their own good because their culture’s inferior. And of course purple ppl would make sure white countries (who are not there ally) don't have nukes.

And not just that purple ppl began :
  • mass shooting
  • mass jailing
  • mass torturing
  • mass robbing
  • mass bombing
  • mass segregating
  • mass building highways and thruways to dislocate businesses, communities and neighborhoods; mass creating SUN-DOWN towns
  • mass experimenting on
  • mass discriminating against
  • mass prohibiting
  • mass murdering
  • mass holding back/controlling in every imaginable way while hating white people en mass via de jure and de facto racism for hundreds of years
Do you think in that more accurate case it would be wrong white people to have a problem with purple people ?

See when you talk about me or IM2 being racist you’re not complaining about black people practicing racism on a socioeconomic, cultural or institutional level, because we simply don’t have the means to do that.

You’re referring to black people saying hurtful words about you, because we’re simply not supposed to do that. We’re only supposed to compliment white people, flatter white people, bolster white people's fragile egos and essentially make white people feel better about the burdens of their supposed superiority.

So it’s little wonder that most white people are remarkably thin-skinned when it comes to getting even a tenth of the insults back that they dish out to us.

What's amusing about your rants, Paul...is that they totally ignore reality. This notion that it's white people who have held back black people from getting ahead in life is a great excuse to ignore how black people's treatment of other black people has been the biggest hurdle to their success. It wasn't white slave traders in Africa that provided the majority of blacks that were enslaved...it was black slavers! It isn't white people shooting black people that is making life so dangerous...it's black people shooting black people!

As for what people say about others? Are you seriously trying to tell me that blacks don't talk shit about whites? That statement alone paints you either as one of the more naive posters on this board or one of the most dishonest!
The biggest hurdle for blacks is that white hiring managers don't hire them. If they did they'd be working.

Now you'll go into a rant about how black people aren't good workers but I'm not buying that. I see what looked like a good black get passed up for a job and the white who got the job didn't work out.

And since so many hiring managers in America are racists like you guys we had to come up with affirmative action. We'll go ahead and end them. Blacks should have showed up for Hillary. Now they see the difference

The biggest hurdle for young blacks right now is that they have little in the way of job skills to offer and many live in neighborhoods where crime has driven out businesses. Couple those things with calls for a $15 an hour minimum wage (which makes employers cut back on staff or automate) and you've got even fewer available jobs for blacks trying to enter the job force!

As far as my experiences hiring blacks? I've had very good luck hiring minorities but the businesses I was hiring for were either in areas heavily populated with college kids (who tend to be motivated and more intelligent than others!) or in resort areas that young people want to live in.

You want to know my problem with Affirmative Action? It undermines the accomplishments of minorities that do succeed. There will always be the stigma attached to them that...yes...they became the first Hispanic Police Chief or...yes...they became the first Black President of the Harvard Law Review...but did they achieve that because of their hard work and abilities...or did they achieve that because they were "graded on the curve"?

I think Affirmative Action is something that was invented by well meaning people to "help" minorities but failed to take into account human nature.
Young white kids have very little job skills to offer too

Young white kids don't tend to live in the depressed urban areas that so many young black kids do, Sealy. There are fewer jobs available to young blacks because there are fewer businesses in the neighborhoods they live in. One of the biggest hurdles young blacks face is that they have little coaching as to what it takes to get hired for the jobs that do exist. It IS in many ways a "popularity contest"! Part of succeeding in such a contest is understanding what it is that the hiring manager is looking for. Showing up looking for a job wearing totally inappropriate clothing can be the death knell of a job search yet I would see young people (both black and white) showing up wearing things that label them as unprofessional. There is a proper time of day to apply for most jobs...something that needs to be taught to young people and isn't unfortunately. Things like "Ebonics" were just one more road block that well meaning idiots put in the way of minority kids getting hired into the workforce. Employers are looking for employees that can communicate well with customers or managers because communication is crucial to success in business...yet a bunch of of clueless "educators" decided that letting blacks speak essentially their own language would be a good thing.
Well I've seen well spoken and educated blacks get passed over for a white and nothing special about the white but he does have that (color)in common with the hiring manager.

Don't argue. It's a fact this happens. It's why we had AA because whites just refused to hire black people and it still exists to this day.

But I'm ok with Republicans ending such programs. Then show me in 4 years blacks are doing better under trump

I can't think of any other example of supposedly intelligent people thinking it would be good for a minority to speak a language that wasn't understood by the majority of the people where they live. It's an amusing example of what "academics" come up with that is patently absurd!
You act as if the college educated blacks can't speak English.

And their English is just fine for blue collar jobs.

What you are doing is exposing the same negative stereotypes white hiring managers have when they see Tyron or Tamika resume

What's amusing about your rants, Paul...is that they totally ignore reality. This notion that it's white people who have held back black people from getting ahead in life is a great excuse to ignore how black people's treatment of other black people has been the biggest hurdle to their success. It wasn't white slave traders in Africa that provided the majority of blacks that were enslaved...it was black slavers! It isn't white people shooting black people that is making life so dangerous...it's black people shooting black people!

As for what people say about others? Are you seriously trying to tell me that blacks don't talk shit about whites? That statement alone paints you either as one of the more naive posters on this board or one of the most dishonest!
The biggest hurdle for blacks is that white hiring managers don't hire them. If they did they'd be working.

Now you'll go into a rant about how black people aren't good workers but I'm not buying that. I see what looked like a good black get passed up for a job and the white who got the job didn't work out.

And since so many hiring managers in America are racists like you guys we had to come up with affirmative action. We'll go ahead and end them. Blacks should have showed up for Hillary. Now they see the difference

The biggest hurdle for young blacks right now is that they have little in the way of job skills to offer and many live in neighborhoods where crime has driven out businesses. Couple those things with calls for a $15 an hour minimum wage (which makes employers cut back on staff or automate) and you've got even fewer available jobs for blacks trying to enter the job force!

As far as my experiences hiring blacks? I've had very good luck hiring minorities but the businesses I was hiring for were either in areas heavily populated with college kids (who tend to be motivated and more intelligent than others!) or in resort areas that young people want to live in.

You want to know my problem with Affirmative Action? It undermines the accomplishments of minorities that do succeed. There will always be the stigma attached to them that...yes...they became the first Hispanic Police Chief or...yes...they became the first Black President of the Harvard Law Review...but did they achieve that because of their hard work and abilities...or did they achieve that because they were "graded on the curve"?

I think Affirmative Action is something that was invented by well meaning people to "help" minorities but failed to take into account human nature.
Young white kids have very little job skills to offer too

Young white kids don't tend to live in the depressed urban areas that so many young black kids do, Sealy. There are fewer jobs available to young blacks because there are fewer businesses in the neighborhoods they live in. One of the biggest hurdles young blacks face is that they have little coaching as to what it takes to get hired for the jobs that do exist. It IS in many ways a "popularity contest"! Part of succeeding in such a contest is understanding what it is that the hiring manager is looking for. Showing up looking for a job wearing totally inappropriate clothing can be the death knell of a job search yet I would see young people (both black and white) showing up wearing things that label them as unprofessional. There is a proper time of day to apply for most jobs...something that needs to be taught to young people and isn't unfortunately. Things like "Ebonics" were just one more road block that well meaning idiots put in the way of minority kids getting hired into the workforce. Employers are looking for employees that can communicate well with customers or managers because communication is crucial to success in business...yet a bunch of of clueless "educators" decided that letting blacks speak essentially their own language would be a good thing.
Interesting info about ebonics. Is there any other minority anywhere in the world in the history of the world that was stupid enough to unlearn its own native language like blacks have?

Nonsense.

I can't think of any other example of supposedly intelligent people thinking it would be good for a minority to speak a language that wasn't understood by the majority of the people where they live. It's an amusing example of what "academics" come up with that is patently absurd!

You're misunderstanding it.

If purple people flogged Irish Americans and stole their whiskey for hundreds of years before I was born (or before my family ever became involved in the society in question) and I hate, categorize, disdain, or besmirch purple people because they are purple, then I am a racist.

YOU, and the other sock, are racists. It doesn't change history, and it doesn't deny any injustices that may be happening today, but it is plainly the case for the both of you (and too many other idiots here who happen to be white)

Would be to get in a time machine and go back in time to before Europe colonized the world.

And purple ppl not only flogged Irish Americans but invaded and colonized all of Europe.

Occupy them. Steal their land and resources. Set up some kind of like, I don’t know, Trans-Asian slave trade, where purple ppl exported all White people (not just Irish Americans) to work on giant rice plantations in China and Africa.

Ruin Europe over the course of a couple centuries. So all their descendants would want to migrate out n live in the places where purple ppl come from.

In that time, purple ppl would make sure they'd set up systems that privilege purple ppl at every conceivable social, political and economic opportunity.

Every couple of decades purple ppl would make up some fake war as an excuse to go bomb white people back to the Stone Age and say it’s for their own good because their culture’s inferior. And of course purple ppl would make sure white countries (who are not there ally) don't have nukes.

• mass shooting
  • mass jailing
  • mass torturing
  • mass robbing
  • mass bombing
  • mass segregating
  • mass building highways and thruways to dislocate businesses, communities and neighborhoods; mass creating SUN-DOWN towns
  • mass experimenting on
  • mass prohibiting
  • mass murdering
  • mass holding back/controlling in every imaginable way while hating white people en mass via de jure and de facto racism for hundreds of years
Do you think in that more accurate case it would be wrong white people to have a problem with purple people ?

See when you talk about me or IM2 being racist you’re not complaining about black people practicing racism on a socioeconomic, cultural or institutional level, because we simply don’t have the means to do that.

You’re referring to black people saying hurtful words about you, because we’re simply not supposed to do that. We’re only supposed to compliment white people, flatter white people, bolster white people's fragile egos and essentially make white people feel better about the burdens of their supposed superiority.

So it’s little wonder that most white people are remarkably thin-skinned when it comes to getting even a tenth of the insults back that they dish out to us.

Re: "Blacks should have showed up for Hillary. Now they see the difference"

WOW - Pretty lame post there pal. The last time they showed en masse for a Democrat they got royally F*ked

By virtually every economic indicator, blacks were worse off under Obama than either Trump or Bush. Under Obama they experienced record lows in small business loans, and saw their lowest home-ownership rates in 25 years. This is along with having record highs in unemployment, and experiencing large amounts of wealth loss under his administration. Since Obama took office, the racial wealth gap grew over 30 percent.

African-Americans Didn't Do Well Under President Obama

I know you libtards seem to think Blacks and other minorities are too stupid to realize what was done to them by the DNC - but guess again pal - the jig is up
You ignore so much I wouldn't know where to begin.

Let's see if they do better under Trump than under Obama. Then I'll admit you are right

Hard to see how they could do any worse, Sealy. Just saying...

People misunderstanding Ebonics was kind of my point, Unk! Why would anyone think that was a good thing?

What you are doing is exposing the same negative stereotypes white hiring managers have when they see Tyron or Tamika resume

What I'm saying is that Ebonics didn't help black students when they got out in the real world. That isn't a negative stereotype...it's an observation of what took place. It's like tattoos. Getting a big tribal design on your face may have seemed like a really cool thing to do at one point but it going to change people's perception of you. I've always believed that people are free to make choices in life but it's always a good idea to give things some serious thought before you do. Deciding that you're going to talk in a slang that's hard for many people to understand might seem like a neat thing to do when you're in school but it's not going to help you land a job so you can support yourself.

You want to know my problem with Affirmative Action? It undermines the accomplishments of minorities that do succeed.
No it doesn't. The very fact that affirmative action was necessary in the first place showed that the average white person never cared about blacks at all. So who cares if some idiot thinks AA undermines black success when they didn't care that the LACK of AA undermined Black success?

Educate us then.

Its not a matter of speaking a mutually unintelligible language, but rather changing register in response to socio-linguistic conditions.

As Trump takes aim at affirmative action, let’s remember how Jared Kushner got into Harvard.

In 1998, according to sources familiar with the gift, the New York University alumnus [Charles Kushner] pledged $2.5 million to Harvard, to be paid in annual installments of $250,000. ... At the time of the pledge, Kushner’s older son, Jared, was starting the college admissions process at the Frisch School, a Jewish high school in Paramus, New Jersey. A senior in 1998-99, Jared was not in the school’s highest academic track in all courses, and his test scores were below Ivy League standards. Frisch officials were surprised when he applied to Harvard — and dismayed when he was admitted.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former school official told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not” ...

... Margot Krebs, who was director of Frisch’s college preparatory program at the time, said, “Jared was certainly not anywhere near the top of his class. He had some very strong personal qualities. He’s a very charming young man with a great deal of poise, the sort of kid you would look at him and say, ‘This is a future politician.’ It was an unusual choice for Harvard to make.”

As Trump takes aim at affirmative action, let’s remember how Jared Kushner got into Harvard

Kushner is not the only example of someone white getting into a college they were not qualified to enter.

“His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it.

That's awful!!
How do his SATs and GPA compare to the typical black student who is accepted?

Probably lower than a majority of them. That's why his dad had to ante up.

What I'm saying is that Ebonics didn't help black students when they got out in the real world. That isn't a negative stereotype...it's an observation of what took place. It's like tattoos. Getting a big tribal design on your face may have seemed like a really cool thing to do at one point but it going to change people's perception of you. I've always believed that people are free to make choices in life but it's always a good idea to give things some serious thought before you do. Deciding that you're going to talk in a slang that's hard for many people to understand might seem like a neat thing to do when you're in school but it's not going to help you land a job so you can support yourself.

Who speaks ebonics? I'm black and know no one speaking that.

You want to know my problem with Affirmative Action? It undermines the accomplishments of minorities that do succeed.

Did that 189 years of what you call affirmative action, that happened for whites undermine the accomplishments of whites who succeeded?

You can't answer that question. None of you white racists here ever do.

This place never changes. I can leave for a year and the same idiots will be arguing the same false bullshit.

If purple people flogged Irish Americans and stole their whiskey for hundreds of years before I was born (or before my family ever became involved in the society in question) and I hate, categorize, disdain, or besmirch purple people because they are purple, then I am a racist.

YOU, and the other sock, are racists. It doesn't change history, and it doesn't deny any injustices that may be happening today, but it is plainly the case for the both of you (and too many other idiots here who happen to be white)

• mass shooting
  • mass jailing
  • mass torturing
  • mass robbing
  • mass bombing
  • mass segregating
  • mass experimenting on
  • mass prohibiting
  • mass murdering

Amen brother! PREACH!

All of your posts categorizing, essentializing, denouncing, demeaning, generalizing, and prejudging people on the basis of race notwithstanding?
I know whites are individuals.

I live in a country that is mostly white. I have to deal with whites at work. I see the way people of all races suck up to them.

It makes my blood boil.

I watch film and television where whites are given whole story lines complete with a love life, where they are almost never reduced to stereotypes as whites.

A big reason whites stuff like like u said "you can't generalise about whites like that" is they don’t think that their being white has much of anything to do with who and what they are.

They think it’s just something coincidental about themselves, like having red hair or hazel eyes or a birthmark. They don’t see that being in that racial group has a lot to do with their life chances, their psychology, their emotions, their reactions to others, and more.

And so if me or IM2 suggests that their being white MIGHT have some relevance in their lives and thinking and behavior by pointing out that white people do this or that, you're not used to thinking about yourself that way, and so you reject observations about “white people.”

Hey, I’M not like that!” they’re thinking, or feeling, “I’m a good person! Okay, I’m white, but just because I’m white doesn’t mean I do any of the bad things you’re claiming white people do. Look at me, I’m white, and I don’t do that!” And so on.

Amen!

Essen is right Unkotare. You call him a racist because he doesn't trust whites based upon his own experiences plus the history of white racism in this nation.....

Wrong. Your ascribing motives to others based on your own imagination marks you as a dishonest interlocutor and a weak thinker. More importantly, your reasoning, like his, is flawed. If I hate purple people because they are purple, I am a racist. No excuses or qualifications will change that. If purple people flogged Irish Americans and stole their whiskey for hundreds of years before I was born (or before my family ever became involved in the society in question) and I hate, categorize, disdain, or besmirch purple people because they are purple, then I am a racist. If a purple person robbed and flogged me yesterday and I hate, distrust, and denounce an entirely different person today because he is purple, then I am a racist. I either reject racism or I don't. No special dispensation is logically admissible. This doesn't let any individual purple person (or group of purple people) today or two hundred years ago off the hook, but it stands nonetheless.

YOU, and the other sock, are racists. It doesn't change history, and it doesn't deny any injustices that may be happening today, but it is plainly the case for the both of you (and too many other idiots here who happen to be white).

No, I am right. You are just another dumb ass white person who wants to holler racism at someone black because you get a mirror held to your face.

As Trump takes aim at affirmative action, let’s remember how Jared Kushner got into Harvard.

In 1998, according to sources familiar with the gift, the New York University alumnus [Charles Kushner] pledged $2.5 million to Harvard, to be paid in annual installments of $250,000. ... At the time of the pledge, Kushner’s older son, Jared, was starting the college admissions process at the Frisch School, a Jewish high school in Paramus, New Jersey. A senior in 1998-99, Jared was not in the school’s highest academic track in all courses, and his test scores were below Ivy League standards. Frisch officials were surprised when he applied to Harvard — and dismayed when he was admitted.

“There was no way anybody in the administrative office of the school thought he would on the merits get into Harvard,” a former school official told me. “His GPA did not warrant it, his SAT scores did not warrant it. We thought for sure, there was no way this was going to happen. Then, lo and behold, Jared was accepted. It was a little bit disappointing because there were at the time other kids we thought should really get in on the merits, and they did not” ...

... Margot Krebs, who was director of Frisch’s college preparatory program at the time, said, “Jared was certainly not anywhere near the top of his class. He had some very strong personal qualities. He’s a very charming young man with a great deal of poise, the sort of kid you would look at him and say, ‘This is a future politician.’ It was an unusual choice for Harvard to make.”

As Trump takes aim at affirmative action, let’s remember how Jared Kushner got into Harvard

Kushner is not the only example of someone white getting into a college they were not qualified to enter.
So what blacks, who were more qualified, applied to this school and were denied admission?

Furthermore, why should we care what some "former school official" from what appears to be a different school has to say regarding Harvard admissions standards?

So what whites do you assume were more qualified who were denied to let unqualified blacks into Harvard?
Did I make that claim? I'm asking you to back up something you said. Is that too much for you?
This is the major problem with you whites and your punk ass arguments. I am supposed to give you names of blacks who were more qualified but you can just say whites are passed over for less qualified blacks and that's enough. Fuck that.
So you admit the title of your thread is based on a totally unsubstantiated premise.

No.. But your claim of whites getting passed over for unqualified blacks is. You can't back up what you say. Show every name of an unqualified black who was admitted over a more qualified white and that means you show the name of the white also. Show the exact conclusion the admission boards made that led to the admission or denial of such in each instance.

Or shut he fuck up.

• mass shooting
  • mass jailing
  • mass torturing
  • mass robbing
  • mass bombing
  • mass segregating
  • mass experimenting on
  • mass prohibiting
  • mass murdering

Re: "Blacks should have showed up for Hillary. Now they see the difference"

WOW - Pretty lame post there pal. The last time they showed en masse for a Democrat they got royally F*ked

By virtually every economic indicator, blacks were worse off under Obama than either Trump or Bush. Under Obama they experienced record lows in small business loans, and saw their lowest home-ownership rates in 25 years. This is along with having record highs in unemployment, and experiencing large amounts of wealth loss under his administration. Since Obama took office, the racial wealth gap grew over 30 percent.

African-Americans Didn't Do Well Under President Obama

I know you libtards seem to think Blacks and other minorities are too stupid to realize what was done to them by the DNC - but guess again pal - the jig is up
You ignore so much I wouldn't know where to begin.

Let's see if they do better under Trump than under Obama. Then I'll admit you are right

Hard to see how they could do any worse, Sealy. Just saying...
That's what happens after a great recession. We all took a step backwards. For example look at all the white blue collar workers Republicans say gave up looking for work after the recession.

Look how quick and easy whites give up?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Educate us then.

Its not a matter of speaking a mutually unintelligible language, but rather changing register in response to socio-linguistic conditions.
Changing register? Speak english

No it doesn't. The very fact that affirmative action was necessary in the first place showed that the average white person never cared about blacks at all. So who cares if some idiot thinks AA undermines black success when they didn't care that the LACK of AA undermined Black success?

Is it really "success" when people whisper behind your back that you're only where you are because you were placed there ahead of people who rightfully deserved the position? Succeeding without things like AA might be far harder...but when you did succeed...nobody could claim that your success wasn't earned.

Forum List

Back