Using "HATE" laws to silence dissent

I don't see what he is saying as stupid, in fact I tend to agree...it IS possible for the left (and I'm speaking as a member) to go too far, just as the right has been.

I'm sure it's easy for anyone to go to far... but frankly, what I'm seeing is that they've put a muzzle on AOC, Bernie is largely being ignored, and so on.

The thing is, Mac will claim the left is "going too far" no matter what they do. It's kind of been his schtick here for years.

Actually I am denouncing blame as a toxic feeling. How did you not get that? It's like this. You cannot lift up a group of people without their consent. WE've been trying for 60 years, the arrogance of the ultra libs is stunning. Did they even ask the blacks how they wanted to be helped? NO

"the blacks" Gee, that sounds like something Archie Bunker would say, but you are probably too young to remember Archie Bunker.

This is the element of the Democratic Party that is not only completely unacceptable to me, but is also largely responsible for its underperformance in 2020.

There is nothing more liberal than defending freedom of speech and expression. PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture are the antithesis of freedom of expression, and they are NOT liberal values.

Freedom of expression is not about defending words you like. It's about defending words you DON'T like. Without it, things like this can happen.
Hmmm...what does Maduro and Venezuela have to do with the Democratic party? Nothing...that's what.

Just another right-wing attempt to propagandize.

That being said...free speech is doing just fine in this country...as always..offend people..and they will lash out..nothing will change the fact the free speech is not free of consequence.

Last edited:
It's a given that starting on January 20, the term "hate speech" will be expanded to include many comments that are currently allowed (even on Facebook & Twitter!).

I am guessing that the first thing that the new Attorney General does is to put out a list of words or topics that are now forbidden to be said or written. The only exception to this new rule is if you say those words inside your home or write them in your diary.

The Supreme Ct has already ruled that hate speech is constitutional. It's part of the First Amendment.

That's great -- on paper.

But in reality no one will be able to post "hate speech" on 99% of the Internet.

That's just how the cookie crumbles -- Constitution or no Constitution.
Most of the internet is private..and free speech does not apply.

This is the element of the Democratic Party that is not only completely unacceptable to me, but is also largely responsible for its underperformance in 2020.

There is nothing more liberal than defending freedom of speech and expression. PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture are the antithesis of freedom of expression, and they are NOT liberal values.

Freedom of expression is not about defending words you like. It's about defending words you DON'T like. Without it, things like this can happen.
Hmmm...what does Maduro and Venezuela have to do with the Democratic party? Nothing...that's what.

That being said...free speech is doing just fine in this country...as always..offend people..and they will lash out..nothing will change the fact the free speech is not free of consequence.
Um, I lean Left. I voted for Biden.

And "consequences" are not required. That is a choice. Intimidating people from expressing themselves, punishing people for expressing themselves, are not liberal actions. Those are actions of illiberal leftist authoritarians. We COULD just let people say what they have to say without fear of "consequences", and then engage them in the arena of ideas. THAT is liberalism.

Last edited:
And "consequences" are not required. That is a choice. Intimidating people from expressing themselves, punishing people for expressing themselves, are not liberal actions. Those are actions of illiberal leftist authoritarians. We COULD just let people say what they have to say without fear of "consequences". THAT is liberalism.
Its nice of you to say that

but you just voted to empower the speech censors when you voted for biden

so the consequences of you action contradicts your words

And "consequences" are not required. That is a choice. Intimidating people from expressing themselves, punishing people for expressing themselves, are not liberal actions. Those are actions of illiberal leftist authoritarians. We COULD just let people say what they have to say without fear of "consequences". THAT is liberalism.
Its nice of you to say that

but you just voted to empower the speech censors when you voted for biden

so the consequences of you action contradicts your words
I'll try to keep this simple:

Voting for someone doesn't have to mean that you agree with everything they say or do.

True story. Really.

Voting for someone doesn't have to mean that you agree with everything they say or do.
After the democrats take office they dont care if you sgree with them or not

you are along for the ride either way

You just keep going.

I don't know what has led you to believe that I care about your opinion of me.

If I played a part in planting that notion in your mind, you have my apologies.

But maybe I should not blame libs too much

if Mac1958 had not voted for biden the democrats could easily vote for him as they did so many times

You just keep going.

I don't know what has led you to believe that I care about your opinion of me.

and I apologize if holding you accountable for your vote makes you uncomfortable

but it cant be avoided

Um, I lean Left. I voted for Biden.

And "consequences" are not required. That is a choice. Intimidating people from expressing themselves, punishing people for expressing themselves, are not liberal actions. Those are actions of illiberal leftist authoritarians. We COULD just let people say what they have to say without fear of "consequences", and then engage them in the arena of ideas. THAT is liberalism.
Sounds good. Of course, human nature...not ideological position...determines people's responses. The left is no more likely than the right to take offense and act out. If you think not...just come here to Idaho and fly a BLM flag in your front yard!

Yeah, we don't want to come from laws. And those who push this crap know that it couldn't be done through laws, so they've just pounded away at it, year after year, through the culture. They'll wreck lives and careers, intimidate and destroy, until they have the country so afraid to say a fucking word that they can control the conversation.

And when it gets far into the culture, it's much easier to turn it into law. As Maduro knows.

This has been playing out here for the last 20 years, clear as day. This ain't liberalism.

I was wondering how long it would take Mac to get back to whining about his lost white privilege.

Hey, here's the reality... we live in a world where thanks to Social Media and live cams, your stupidity will be on display for everyone.

So be careful what you post under your own name.... people will be paying attention.
There is no such thing as white privilege to lose

We COULD just let people say what they have to say without fear of "consequences", and then engage them in the arena of ideas. THAT is liberalism.
Except that libs like you dont engage very well

you have commented many times accusing trump of being cozy with white nationalists without ever defining what a white nationalist is

So I asked you to tell us your defination of a white nationalist on this very thread and you ignored the question

when you bash the other side to your fellow liberals you are talking past trump supporters rather than engaging them

Even if I were a loser and blaming others it would not prove white privilege exists

It does not exist. It is strictly an idiotic progressive talking point

Well, you are a loser, to be sure...

But White Privilege is definitely a thing.
False on both

For a loser I prove you to be a fucking coward and uneducated fool every time and

White privilege is not anything but an progressive talking point. The very idea is racist

False on both

For a loser I prove you to be a fucking coward and uneducated fool every time and

No, buddy, you keep screaming angrily until I get bored with your repetition....

White privilege is not anything but an progressive talking point. The very idea is racist

No, it's a reality.

The justice system treats white people differently than black people. So does the employment market.

Forum List

Back