USMB Coffee Shop IV

I won't use Minute Rice but I have succumbed to the 'boil in the bag' rice -- it comes packaged in a pourous bag--you drop it into boiling water for 10 minutes or so and then pull the bag out--squish it a little to expel the excess water and voila--perfect rice every time in just the right quantity for the two of us with virtually no clean up and no waste. You can get it in white, brown, or flavored.

We don't make rice very often, but use a Zojirushi cooker when we do. The rice comes out perfect. They're a bit pricey (we got one for a wedding present), but if one eats a lot of rice, it's the way to go.

We live in a rice and beans state, but neither of us like Spanish rice all that much. About the only time we have rice is when I prepare something Asian that screams for rice. We do like Asian cuisine but not enough that the rice becomes an issue. Hombre and I are both misplaced Texans and the potato still reigns supreme.

We're surrounded by Cal-Mex, and I can completely forego the rice. I generally don't eat much carbs; mr. boe is a bread fiend, so it's easy just to have some sourdough on hand for him.

Yup. Hombre thinks a meal without some sort of bread is only half a meal. :)

The only time mr. boe has dinner without bread is when he has white flour tortillas to roll up and eat like bread.

Well here in New Mexico, tortillas are every bit as much bread as the sliced loaf we buy. So are sopapillas. So in the restaurant it is not uncommon for the server to ask if you want toast, biscuit, or tortilla with your breakfast or even lunch.

As I've stated numerous times my weakness is potato chips, they're my comfort food, I try to limit myself to one 10 lb bag a month. :D Used to eat a whole 2 lb bag in one sitting when I was a teenager.

And while I'm talking about putting non-dessert foods into dessert, what's with carrot cake? Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good cake by making it with carrots? I like carrots as a snack, or in salad, but cake? :p

So I am going to go out on a limb and say you don't like zucchini bread either?

I've never had (or heard of) zucchini bread.....but I'm guessing that no, I wouldn't like it. :lol:

I LOVE pretzels! Love the flavor, and the salt. Oh and love white chocolate covered pretzels..the ones with REAL white chocolate like I have made before.

And while I'm talking about putting non-dessert foods into dessert, what's with carrot cake? Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good cake by making it with carrots? I like carrots as a snack, or in salad, but cake? :p

I've never had (or heard of) zucchini bread.....but I'm guessing that no, I wouldn't like it. :lol:

I bet you would. It does not taste like zucchini at all. And it is super moist.

zucchini-bread11.jpg

zucchini-bread11.jpg

Good stuff...that and banana bread.

zucchini-bread11.jpg

Oh yeah!! I really love banana...yum yum.

zucchini-bread11.jpg

Oh yeah!! I really love banana...yum yum.

If your feeling a little bad...a little warm butter on top of the slice

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

zucchini-bread11.jpg

I do like banana bread :)

zucchini-bread11.jpg

I do like banana bread :)

Then trust me..you would like the zucchini bread too. It reminds me a lot of banana bread.

Forum List

Back