What have Democrats done for blacks?

Once again, Rabbi comes in with the self declared victories
Nothing self declared here. It is simply fact. Blacks are worse off now than they were 8 years ago. Thanks, Dems!

But wait! we had a Republican House since 2010 and a Republican Senate since 2014. So why are they still worse off?

They ran on Jobs, Jobs and Um..Jobs.

Nothing they've done, and it's basically been obstruction, has done anything to create Jobs.

I thought O already created 20 zillion jobs.

Yup.

Saving the auto and financials while infusing states with cash was the right way to go.

Nothing has happened ever since.

Most at the time opposed integration. That's why the vote was such a big thing.

I'm originally from New York, and within that time period. I did not see a single black person in my life there outside of "Amos & Andy" episodes and Tarzan movies. So much for the North being diverse.

It wasn't until we moved to Virginia in 1958 that I saw real black people, and the Catholic schools I attended there were already integrated.

If you did not see black people in 1958 NYC you lived in a white racist neighborhood

I did not live in NYC, but outside Albany.

Which by the way? Is still remarkably homogeneous.

Not in the 1950s

What?

The Civil Rights Act of 1964, white trash? How about the Voting Rights Act?
Thank Everett Dirksen for that. He was a Republican.

A Liberal !!! :lol:

Before they became Communists, as they are now.

There is none so appropriate, being the accepted catch-all for Marxist-inspired nonsense.

The Birchers started that crapola. Tagging Liberals with the word "Communist" without knowing it's true meaning.

Commie.JPG

Nice to see you folks still parrot that meme.

I'm originally from New York, and within that time period. I did not see a single black person in my life there outside of "Amos & Andy" episodes and Tarzan movies. So much for the North being diverse.

It wasn't until we moved to Virginia in 1958 that I saw real black people, and the Catholic schools I attended there were already integrated.

If you did not see black people in 1958 NYC you lived in a white racist neighborhood

Not in the 1950s

What?

Irish and Polish. Not a black person in sight in that time.

Everyone has an opinion.

Kennedy was a staunch anti-Communist. Today, he wouldn't waste spit on the Democrats.

Everyone has an opinion.

Kennedy was a staunch anti-Communist. Today, he wouldn't waste spit on the Democrats.

Right, Kennedy was a Conservative.

Republicans will hammer Kennedy for the Bay of Pigs, Screwing over South Vietnam and advancing the war, backing down over the Cuban missile crisis, being weak on Communism, and then will hammer the hell out of his personal life.

Sounds exactly like the way the Republicans claim to be the party of Lincoln while loathing everything Lincoln did.

Weird, was the republican party that established the epa, built our roads and fought for environmental conservation communist by your standards?

That makes Reagan a Liberal and Nixon a flaming Liberal.

Albany in the 1950s? Wow!

There is none so appropriate, being the accepted catch-all for Marxist-inspired nonsense.

The Birchers started that crapola. Tagging Liberals with the word "Communist" without knowing it's true meaning.

View attachment 51479

Nice to see you folks still parrot that meme.

sick

Not in the 1950s

What?

Irish and Polish. Not a black person in sight in that time.

Do you know what homogeneous means?

Band aids for the entire educational system

Vouchers and school choice are another way of saying..... I don't want my child in the same school as those negroes
Oh but those negroes could go to those white schools. Typical liberal, you say we have no ideas. When we give you a solution, you don't like it. Because it would give competition to your indoctrination centers. Know as public schools.

I imagine a few would get in. What happens when you have one exceptional school and four bad ones in a community? Will all the black students be able to use their vouchers to get into the exceptional school?
Why not? And wont that put pressure on the lousy schools to improve?
But even so you are giving people the opportunty to escape. And that is unconscioinable for a fascist like you, Nutjobber. Those Negroes must be kept ignorant on Democrat plantations.

Yes, you nailed it
Giving young people an opportunity to escape

Vouchers and charter schools are thinly veiled tools that can be used by white children to escape from minority schools
You say we don't have any idea's, I gave you one. What's yours?
Better parents

Give the kid a voucher to go out and get better parents if his are crap

It's remarkable, but not surprising, that conservatives continue to adhere to and propagate the ridiculous, inane canard that Southern Democrats more than 50 years ago were 'representative' of the Party as a whole then and now.

The notion fails as a composition fallacy, as a majority of the Democratic Party outside of the South after the War was working to end segregation and discrimination; and as already correctly noted: it was Southern conservatives who opposed ending discriminatory policies, where those same conservatives became republicans during the late 60s and early 70s.

Conservatives have been consistently hostile to the interests of African-Americans, regardless their party affiliation, from the right's support of segregation during the 50s to their advocacy of voter 'ID' laws today.

It's remarkable, but not surprising, that conservatives continue to adhere to and propagate the ridiculous, inane canard that Southern Democrats more than 50 years ago were 'representative' of the Party as a whole then and now.

The notion fails as a composition fallacy, as a majority of the Democratic Party outside of the South after the War was working to end segregation and discrimination; and as already correctly noted: it was Southern conservatives who opposed ending discriminatory policies, where those same conservatives became republicans during the late 60s and early 70s.

Conservatives have been consistently hostile to the interests of African-Americans, regardless their party affiliation, from the right's support of segregation during the 50s to their advocacy of voter 'ID' laws today.
Yesterdays' "conservatives" are today's "progressives."

Forum List

Back