What Is "Fair Share of Taxes"?

Can we get over this lie that 1/2 don't pay taxes ? Is a bullshit claim to disparage lower income people.

And in these fairness discussion , no one talks about services rendered . For example wealthy people benefit from more gov agencies than some low pay stiff .
It's not bullshit it is a fact and that is all it is

And the poor get way more benefits since they pay less for them or not at all
The wealthy get far more benefits from our legislators than the poor do.....after all, they own them
What benefits exactly?

Can we get over this lie that 1/2 don't pay taxes ? Is a bullshit claim to disparage lower income people.

And in these fairness discussion , no one talks about services rendered . For example wealthy people benefit from more gov agencies than some low pay stiff .

You can take up your personal feelings and beliefs with non-partisan organizations PolitiFact and the Tax Policy Center who both say you are wrong .

Mitt Romney says 47 percent of Americans pay no income tax

Video: Who Doesn't Pay Federal Taxes?

The fed gov collects taxes other than income taxes.

Also, what do you mean by "stuff", and why should I want to pay for it?

Stuff? Well just name. Astronauts bridges nuclear submarines school I can just keep going on and on. Expect the country to run on smiles and sunshine?

Well, bridges and schools don't require federal taxes, as they are state funded.

And as I said, the fed gov has other tax sources, namely excise taxes and tariffs, with which it can provide for a navy.

Astronauts can be cut, unless individual people really think they're necessary, in which case they can choose to fund the space exploration company of their choice. Taxes should go to governing, not exploring space.

Don't you get anything from exploring space?

I mean, without space exploration they'd be no satellites, that'd be GPS, a lot of communication systems etc

Space Age inventions you probably use - CNN.com

Cordless tools, smoke detectors, enriched baby food, protective paint, scratch resistant glasses and so on.

The reality is the government funds a lot of research into things. Businesses then pick up on these ideas later. The biggest are the pharma companies who won't do the risky research, the govt does it, and then the pharma companies then turn the successful research into profit making, and then whine and moan that they pay TOO MUCH TAX. Go figure.

With the attitude of "government should be paying for research" you'd be living like the Amish (well not quite, but you get the point hopefully).

You do know that the whole space race was just another escalation of the cold war don't you? We didn't do it out of some altruistic desire

The space race just happened to be one thing the government did that actually had ancillary benefits for the public

It was an anomaly

The benefits were rather meager in comparison to the cost.
Communications and weather satellites
GPS
Surveillance

The wealthy get far more benefits from our legislators than the poor do.....after all, they own them
What benefits exactly?
Trade tariffs, tax incentives, military protections of markets, patent protections, legal system, infrastructure

Ok. But how u gonna pay for stuff?

Stuff? Well just name. Astronauts bridges nuclear submarines school I can just keep going on and on. Expect the country to run on smiles and sunshine?

Well, bridges and schools don't require federal taxes, as they are state funded.

And as I said, the fed gov has other tax sources, namely excise taxes and tariffs, with which it can provide for a navy.

Astronauts can be cut, unless individual people really think they're necessary, in which case they can choose to fund the space exploration company of their choice. Taxes should go to governing, not exploring space.

I mean, without space exploration they'd be no satellites, that'd be GPS, a lot of communication systems etc

Cordless tools, smoke detectors, enriched baby food, protective paint, scratch resistant glasses and so on.

The reality is the government funds a lot of research into things. Businesses then pick up on these ideas later. The biggest are the pharma companies who won't do the risky research, the govt does it, and then the pharma companies then turn the successful research into profit making, and then whine and moan that they pay TOO MUCH TAX. Go figure.

With the attitude of "government should be paying for research" you'd be living like the Amish (well not quite, but you get the point hopefully).

You do know that the whole space race was just another escalation of the cold war don't you? We didn't do it out of some altruistic desire

The space race just happened to be one thing the government did that actually had ancillary benefits for the public

It was an anomaly
So was the interstate highway system

It was an anomaly

The interstate highway system that Eisenhower put in was originally for moving troops and military equipment.

What benefits exactly?
Trade tariffs, tax incentives, military protections of markets, patent protections, legal system, infrastructure

All that is available to anyone

Anyone can get a patent the military protects all US interests abroad ( it's not supposed to but that's another thread) The legal system works for everyone and people are even provided free attorneys and everyone can use infrastructure to get around not just the "rich"

It was an anomaly

That was a military defense project it wasn't done for "rich" people

What benefits exactly?

Anyone can get a patent the military protects all US interests abroad ( it's not supposed to but that's another thread) The legal system works for everyone and people are even provided free attorneys and everyone can use infrastructure to get around not just the "rich"
I didn't say they aren't available....only that they benefit more

You can take up your personal feelings and beliefs with non-partisan organizations PolitiFact and the Tax Policy Center who both say you are wrong .

Federal income taxes do not go towards funding any part of USA.INC as the Grace Commission reported back in 1984. It goes to pay interest to the shareholders of the mostly foreign owned Federal Reserve shareholders that create credit for a few keystokes on a computer. USA.INC doesn't NEED a dime of our tax money because it has acquired TRILLIONS in wealth do to skimming off the top and investing it. Do some research about the CAF reports that few ever bother to read because of it's length but a few have and the amount of wealth they have is staggering.

Last edited:

What benefits exactly?

Why because they use them and other people don't

Whose fault is that?

What benefits exactly?

Whose fault is that?
The issue is that the wealthy receive more benefit than the poor which was my assertion that the wealthy receive more benefits from our government than the poor do

So that's your answer?

What makes tax on an earned dollar any different than a tax on a gallon of gas or an acre of land?

And no they should not pay the same amount but they should pay the same percentage

Just like they pay the same percentage on a gallon of gas
Why should they pay the same percentage?
The first dollar you earn is much, much more critical to your survival than your millionth dollar

Why should they be taxed the same?

No it's not

A dollar is a dollar one is not worth more than another

But let's assume your answer applies to all taxes. Isn't the gallon of gas you use to get to work more important than the one used to drive to a strip club? So why not tax that gallon more?
When looking at a poor person. The first dollars they earn go to support their family. Right now that first dollar is tax free. You want that first dollar to only be 85 cents

I think everyone's first AND last dollars earned should be tax free. Eliminate federal income taxes entirely.

Ok. But how u gonna pay for stuff?

I barter my labor in one our increments in exchange for something of value so how is "da gubermint" or should I say the Federal Reserve bankers entitled to a cut? The Federal income tax does not go towards the funding of anything having to do with USA.INC. It goes to pay interest to the foreign owned Federal Reserve bank and the IMF. We pay PLENTY of other consumption taxes over the course of the year which is constitutional but the income tax is not and the Supreme Court even ruled that the 16th amendment did not give the "gubermint" any new taxation powers.

Rightwinger, just because YOU don't know this stuff doesn't mean it's not 100 percent true. I have spent a lot of time learning the things I know. You just spew political partisan talking points with no education behind it.

Oh , you mean federal income tax. Except people arent saying that is this thread , they say "40 % pay no taxes ". As if fed income tax is the only tax . It's is not .

So when people say "40% pay no taxes ", that is a lie .

Define Fair Share using examples:

1) Pay Taxes according to what you consume (Consumption Tax) - Flat Tax. Puts more money in everyone's pockets and encourages those with more money to consume more, driving more revenue to the till.

2) Progressive Tax that captures revenue based on the amount of Income one made in a given year. 10% of the highest annual earners are paying 70% of the overall tax expenditure. 47% are paying nothing. They say this is unfair because those in the "middle" pay a higher ratio against their gross income. All true.

Here is what is also unfair. Elected bodies spending with no accountability and oversight, running up expenditures and coming back and demanding that those already paying largest portion should pay more based on "ability". Coupled with this is a shell game in and around income inequality. Income inequality is ubiquitous globally. In Cuba and North Korea, there is income inequality just as there is in Sweden and China. In those countries, there is a locked in 1% with little or no chance of upward mobility hence why US is the greatest destination among immigrants....... they get that income inequality exists in Communism and Capitalism yet the difference is Opportunity. Opportunity gets diminished when the 1% is focused on locking the masses out through redistribution of hard-earned income to cronies and blocks that keep a true 1 percent locked in.

Oh , you mean federal income tax. Except people arent saying that is this thread , they say "40 % pay no taxes ". As if fed income tax is the only tax . It's is not .

So when people say "40% pay no taxes ", that is a lie .

Romney was right, 47% do not pay income tax because they don't make enough money and are barely getting by. I certainly do not resent them at all. Like I said, income taxes do not go towards anything but the coffers of the bankers that own this country.

Define Fair Share using examples:

1) Pay Taxes according to what you consume (Consumption Tax) - Flat Tax. Puts more money in everyone's pockets and encourages those with more money to consume more, driving more revenue to the till.

2) Progressive Tax that captures revenue based on the amount of Income one made in a given year. 10% of the highest annual earners are paying 70% of the overall tax expenditure. 47% are paying nothing. They say this is unfair because those in the "middle" pay a higher ratio against their gross income. All true.

Here is what is also unfair. Elected bodies spending with no accountability and oversight, running up expenditures and coming back and demanding that those already paying largest portion should pay more based on "ability". Coupled with this is a shell game in and around income inequality. Income inequality is ubiquitous globally. In Cuba and North Korea, there is income inequality just as there is in Sweden and China. In those countries, there is a locked in 1% with little or no chance of upward mobility hence why US is the greatest destination among immigrants....... they get that income inequality exists in Communism and Capitalism yet the difference is Opportunity. Opportunity gets diminished when the 1% is focused on locking the masses out through redistribution of hard-earned income to cronies and blocks that keep a true 1 percent locked in.

Progressive income tax....one of the planks of the communist manifesto....nicely done, "comrade".

Fair Share of taxes;

Libertarian Reply - 10% of gross, no deductions.

Democrat Reply - everything you have, or ever will have.

Republican Reply - it depends on for 1086B with the itemized deductions from for 843C which is available only to those who contribute to the GOP, etc.

What benefits exactly?

Whose fault is that?
The issue is that the wealthy receive more benefit than the poor which was my assertion that the wealthy receive more benefits from our government than the poor do

The issue is that those benefits are available to anyone and everyone if they want to use them

The "rich" do not have exclusive rights to any of the benefits you listed they just use them

It's no different than you complaining that businesses use roads to move goods you can use roads to move goods too you just choose not to it's not anyone's fault but your own

Forum List

Back