Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

Jesus was a semetic person, aka arabic.

The "pictures" that portray him as a blond blue eyed white man are example of how wrong religion is and the racism and arrogance of humans in their worship of their gods.

I got a whipping for asking about this in sunday school one time.
Question nothing in church is how I was raised.
btw it is the same denomination as Palin belongs to.

This is one reason why I do not attend a chuch. I am a believer but I will not attend a place where they put down those who want to truly learn the Word of the Lord.

Because he WAS a trained Rabbi. Jesus was trained like any Jewish man.
The Bible is full of this. Try reading it as it is a great book.

My own understanding is that he was called 'rabbi' in the sense that he was a "teacher", not in the sense that he was ordained.

He wasn't a Levite ergo he was not eligible to be a ORDAINED priest.

Rabbi means teacher.

I presume that anybody who was learned could be called that.

The Hebrew translates into poor and needy, no matter how you slice it.

:thup:

yn( [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]`aniy[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Translated Words[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]afflicted, afflicted one, humble, lowly, needy, needy and poor, oppressed, poor, poor man, who is humble, wretched[/FONT] The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verse[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]
s
[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Eze 16:49 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]"Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Eze 18:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]oppresses the poor and needy, commits robbery, does not restore a pledge, but lifts up his eyes to the idols and commits abomination, [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Eze 18:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]he keeps his hand from the poor, does not take interest or increase, but executes My ordinances, and walks in My statutes; he will not die for his father's iniquity, he will surely live. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]Eze 22:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]"The people of the land have practiced oppression and committed robbery, and they have wronged the poor and needy and have oppressed the sojourner without justice.[/FONT]

http://www.searchgodsword.org/lex/heb/frequency.cgi?number=6041&book=eze&translation=nsn

Last edited by a moderator:
Is God a Christian or a Jew?

"Jew" is actually Yahuwdy
"Jesus" is actually Yahushua it means "Yah Saves."
"Israel" is really Yisra’el; it means "individuals who live with and who are empowered by God."
"Isaiah," the most prolific of the prophets, is Yasha’yahu; which means "Salvation is from Yah."
"Isaiah," the most prolific of the prophets, is Yasha’yahu; which means "Salvation is from Yah."

Yahuweh, is God’s name. His personal and proper name means "I Am," and "I Exist.

I hope that helps.

My own understanding is that he was called 'rabbi' in the sense that he was a "teacher", not in the sense that he was ordained.

I read or was told or taught that Rabbi meant teacher.

The fairy tale version.
Rabbi means Rabbi.
Ask any Jew.

Definition of RABBI

: master, teacher —used by Jews as a term of address

: a Jew qualified to expound and apply the halacha and other Jewish law

: a Jew trained and ordained for professional religious leadership; specifically : the official leader of a Jewish congregation

external.jpg
See rabbi defined for English-language learners »

Origin of RABBI

Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek rhabbi, from Hebrew rabbī my master, from rabh master + -ī myFirst Known Use: before 12th century

Rabbi - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

After the Romans destroyed the Temple in Jerusalem, Judaism changed its hierarchy. Gone were the Levites and priests and Pharisees and in came the rabbis.

jesus lived during the time of the san hedrin... not after the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D.

rabbi was a generic term for teacher and still is.

There was no San Hedrin or Jewish court at that time.

My understanding is that you can gave a pastor who just calls himself a pastor because he heads a church or you can have one that did the schooling and got the diploma.

Rabbi means teacher.

I didn't see where she mentioned an ordained priest. Also there is no such thing since it's based on the father.

Rabbi means teacher.

I don't want to sound critical because I truly appreciate that you even know there is such a thing as a levite. But a small correction... levites were the assitants to the priests. the kohans were the priest class.

Jesus was a semetic person, aka arabic.

The "pictures" that portray him as a blond blue eyed white man are example of how wrong religion is and the racism and arrogance of humans in their worship of their gods.

I got a whipping for asking about this in sunday school one time.
Question nothing in church is how I was raised.
btw it is the same denomination as Palin belongs to.

This is one reason why I do not attend a chuch. I am a believer but I will not attend a place where they put down those who want to truly learn the Word of the Lord.

Very few churches discourage or forbid any questioning. I attend a wonderful church in which questions are not only allowed but encouraged. In my opinion that is the norm rather than the exception. I have found it to be the case in those fundamentalist holy roller churches all the way to the most high churches I have attended. Certainly your salvation is not dependent on attendance at any formal organized church, but you deny yourself support and strength by not meeting with other believers.

In my opinion, any belief that cannot stand up under questioning or close scrutiny is most likely a flawed belief. And it is also my opinion that those who do not allow questioning of their beliefs--whether in matters of faith, social policy, or politics--are coming from a spirit of fear and uncertainty much more than out of conviction and certainty.

Forum List

Back