You want to tax the wealthy?

I can understand rich congressmen and their billionaire patrons not wanting to tax the biggest accumulation of wealth in human history but I'll never understand working/middle class republicans being so against it. It's almost like they want to keep things low for the day they become billionaires.
i suppose it comes down to the fact i am not jealous. I don’t think they should be taxed any different then anyone else

The poor have far less to lose, or in other words, for the police to protect.
that’s a very selfish and cruel way of thinking

you don’t think poor people value their lives or lives of their loved ones as much as rich people? you don’t think they value their homes as much as a rich person does? or their car? frankly the poor might value it more as they can’t afford to a new car.

that’s a very selfish and cruel way of thinking

Facts are facts.

you don’t think poor people value their lives or lives of their loved ones as much as rich people? you don’t think they value their homes as much as a rich person does? or their car? frankly the poor might value it more as they can’t afford to a new car.

They do but who do the police protect? We see example after example after example, it's not the poor. The poor are largely the ones targeted because they can not afford to fight back.

What good would taxing the rich? All of this goes to prove if one is middle class one isn't going to get far ahead. Might as well accept it. Let the Uber wealthy keep theirs. They live in a different world in a s nse.

how do they benefit the most?

Because the wealthy use our Infrastructure to move goods and services where they are needed for huge profits
They also benefit from our education system providing them with an educated workforce
They also benefit from a worldwide deployment of our military protecting their international trade

Let's not forget that middle class in america starts at 100k. And that was before inflation.

Because the wealthy use our Infrastructure to move goods and services where they are needed for huge profits
They also benefit from our education system providing them with an educated workforce
They also benefit from a worldwide deployment of our military protecting their international trade
the working class don’t also benefit from roads and education?

Facts are facts.

They do but who do the police protect? We see example after example after example, it's not the poor. The poor are largely the ones targeted because they can not afford to fight back.
it’s not a fact it’s a horrible sad opinion you have of poor people

other then paying a higher rate how are they taxed differently?
The actual tax rates after loopholes, dodges and offshoring is near zero for the richest people. You know this. If they ever had to pay a percentage approaching what we do they would fire their accountant.

it’s not a fact it’s a horrible sad opinion you have of poor people

Poor people were willing to burn things down to get the governments attention. It was the rich that were freaked out by it.

Here's a Compromise tax the wealthy but repeal the. 16th amendment and abolish the income taxes. That way the middle class can afford to pay higher prices when buying necessities like food clothes shelter.

I favor level consumption taxes over income taxes for a plethora of reasons, but anything that normal people pay is automatically deemed "regressive" so won't happen.

I can understand rich congressmen and their billionaire patrons not wanting to tax the biggest accumulation of wealth in human history but I'll never understand working/middle class republicans being so against it. It's almost like they want to keep things low for the day they become billionaires.
Here is why I am against it and I have no illusions of becoming billionaire. Every Democrat tax plan in my life ultimately hits the middle class. Under Democrat tax plans, small businesses are treated like big corporations and small businesses owners are treated like billionaires.

In 2008, “Joe The Plumber” exposed this hypocrisy and line of thinking when he came up with the scenario of the $250k per year plumbing business and walked candidate Obama through it to show Obama how Obama’s plan would hurt businesses like these. Obama was stumped so he did what Obama does best and ran from the question, mocked the notion of a “$250k” per year plumber and had the Ohio Democrats pull confidential files on him

Here is why I am against it and I have no illusions of becoming billionaire. Every Democrat tax plan in my life ultimately hits the middle class. Under Democrat tax plans, small businesses are treated like big corporations and small businesses owners are treated like billionaires.

In 2008, “Joe The Plumber” exposed this hypocrisy and line of thinking when he came up with the scenario of the $250k per year plumbing business and walked candidate Obama through it to show Obama how Obama’s plan would hurt businesses like these. Obama was stumped so he did what Obama does best and ran from the question, mocked the notion of a “$250k” per year plumber and had the Ohio Democrats pull confidential files on him
Yeah I remember that guy. If he was clearing $250, 000 a year I'll eat my hat.

The actual tax rates after loopholes, dodges and offshoring is near zero for the richest people. You know this. If they ever had to pay a percentage approaching what we do they would fire their accountant.
no i am not aware of this. what part of the law only applies to them? what loopholes?

the reality is the rich pay the largest percent of taxes

Poor people were willing to burn things down to get the governments attention. It was the rich that were freaked out by it.
haha yeah most normal people are freaked out by arson

and those weren’t poor people, that was blm and other criminals taking from working class people

Forum List

Back