Americans Buying AK47's Like They Are Going Out Of Style

My VEPR AK-47 just arrived at my gun dealers and they will put the scopes on and bore sight it for me.

Should have it by end of the week and the 1000 rounds of ammo arrived this morning.

Looking forward to sighting it in.

Let me know how it shoots. I have the 308 in the shop (16") and need feedback.

If I ican remember. It will probably be a month or so before I can get to a rifle range, gotta join another sporting club.

Here are a couple of reviews if it helps:
AK-47.net: Russian VEPR Hunting Rifle
The Russian VEPR rifle is a hunting version of the AK rifle built upon a RPK receiver. The VEPR comes in two styles standard or carbine, both have the same assembly yet the carbine version comes with a shorter barrel. The rifle also comes in four different caliber's .308, 7.62x39, .223 and 5.45x39. Each rifle has a special 5 or 10 round magazine, high capacity magazines for this rifle are not available in the U.S. due to the 1994 crime bill. Each rifle comes in a black oxide finish, a users manual, cleaning kit, sling, rod, 5 and 10rd magazines. The VEPR rifle has the same reliability as an AK allowing it to work at temperatures of -50 to +50 C and in any conditions. However the rifle also has accuracy, allowing it to obtain scores of 92 points out of 100 at 200 yards. The VEPR has a stamped receiver, however the receiver uses thicker steel which is 50% thicker than the standard AK. Furthermore, like the RPK, the trunion of the VEPR receiver has reinforcements on each side which are not found on the AK47. The VEPR rifle also comes with a two stage trigger for better trigger pull and groups. As an extra bonus the VEPR also comes with a pre-installed side scope mount. The mount allows for removal of the scope yet keeping the zero of the scope when you put it back on.

Vepr AK 47 Rifle Russian Heavy Duty 762 x 39mm

New Vepr Made in Russia Hunting /target rifle in traditional caliber of 7.62X39mm. With 50% more HEAVY DUTY receiver that also has double reinforcement and crowned with extra heavy duty Target like barrel ! A true comparison is with the Russian tiger Draganov.Having made a reputation for accuracy,This heavy duty Barrel not found on most other rifles has Chrome lined chamber and Bore. ...
Veprs are built for extreme demands above and beyond all others with extra heavy duty receiver, extra heavy duty reinforcment each side and an extra heavy hammer forged chrome lined target like barrel. The combination of years of proven design with attention to detail has produced legendary dependability and legendary accuracy from the jungles to Siberia!

Bolt of the Vepr models in 7.62x39 caliber are fitted with two locking lugs.

Enhanced against weather and mechanical wear the cartridge chamber, barrel bore, gas cylinder, and bolt- support rod are chrome lined.

Since you claim the response above was a joke, how about a legitimate answer the question:

Statistically, which one is more likely to kill: A Law abiding citizen who owns a really scary looking AK-47, or an Alcoholic who owns an automobile?

Not an intelligent question since most alcoholics probably own cars where hopefully few own AK-47s. Do you have nothing better to do than to post things without even thinking?

Plenty of alcoholics own AK47s. It's a very popular rifle.
You're too stupid to give an intelligent answer so you slough it off. There's an easy answer, btw.
Thank you for giving the best argument against people owning assault rifles.

AK-47... representing everything conservatives hate. Don't buy American made, it's inferior to the glorious Russian made weapon.

Raise your AK's up in solidarity, comrades! Hell... raise your AKS up in solidarity! Our guns may fold, but we will never collapse!

Last edited:
The Dragunov SVD is one of my most favorite weapons of all time.

I'm not into real guns, so I will, some day, buy this... a beautiful airsoft replica.

RS SVD AEG

The old AK is already "out of style". The best battle rifle on the market, as much as I HATE to admit it, is the Galil------made in IsNtReal. At least that rhymes.
I feel a bit better about making the post.

Not an intelligent question since most alcoholics probably own cars where hopefully few own AK-47s. Do you have nothing better to do than to post things without even thinking?

You're too stupid to give an intelligent answer so you slough it off. There's an easy answer, btw.

If tht's the best argument against people owning "assault rifles" (do you even know what that means?) then the pro gun people have won the argument.

If tht's the best argument against people owning "assault rifles" (do you even know what that means?) then the pro gun people have won the argument.

People owning AK47s who should not own them is not winning the argument, On the bright side, your stupidity is consistent.

People owning AK47s who should not own them is not winning the argument, On the bright side, your stupidity is consistent.

Why shouldn't they own them? Please give a legal reason here. We've already established that alcoholics with guns don't cause trouble.
Calling someone stupid does not make it true. Often it makes it true of the person saying it.

Why shouldn't they own them? Please give a legal reason here. We've already established that alcoholics with guns don't cause trouble.
Calling someone stupid does not make it true. Often it makes it true of the person saying it.

This reply is just too stupid to even consider.

Thats the best answer...Prohibition..

Rabbi is a scholar compared to you.

No one should own them, not even you boys trying to compensate.

What about those loyal to Obama? Just in case he loses the election?

I have a Mini-14; I don't see much point in an AK47. The Ranch Rifle is accurate and powerful.

Really?
How many murders have been comitted by alcoholics w/ AK47s?

That's OK -- I don't expect a serious response.

Yeah... I'm still waiting for the link from yesterday to all the crimes committed by alcoholics with AK-47's. Glad I didn't hold my breath.

You want a link about a joke that I made, how fucking stupid are you?

A joke you made? Your Post #421: Your typical bullshit, and I do not need a link, it is all over these pages in black and white. The sad part is that many of you do not even understand when you are being made to look foolish.
Your Post #429: I can support all of my opinions.
And now... Your comment was a joke? I'd argue that you sir, and the manner in which you conduct yourself with regards to honesty, and integrity is the real joke.

This reply is just too stupid to even consider.

Translation: I'm a total loser who cannot argue his way out of a paper bag.
Thanks, wookie-boy.

What do you think the requirement for owning an AK47 should be? A loyalty oath to Obama?

No one should own them, not even you boys trying to compensate.

Do you have a rational reason why you think no one should own them, or is it just because AK-47's are black and they frighten you?

Forum List

Back