Ask about Islam

Muslims treat women like queens. It's you whose treatment of women should be corrected.

Maybe you're referring to taqiyyah. 2:225 is not about that. It has nothing to do with disbelievers.

However, despite evading my questions about the Islamic doctrine,
of predetermination versus freedom of choice, prophecy,
and imperialist greed...don't take this personally...

But in the ancient Middle East,
it's women...of a profession,
had to cover their faces.

Last edited:
However, despite evading my questions about the Islamic doctrine,
of predetermination versus freedom of choice, prophecy,
and imperialist greed...don't take this personally...

But in the ancient Middle East,
it's women...of a profession,
had to cover their faces.
sunni habibi ---it is actually true- in some parts of
ancient middle east-----the "ladies of the nite"
wore veils over their faces

Different wordings yes, different theology no.
You would have to check yourself to know, wouldn't you? Why would you just echo whatever someone else says?

The wording is different at places with the meaning remaining the same.

There are no scientific mistakes and once again, you would have to check for yourself.
Why is the wording different, when the Quran has been in heaven unchanged for all time?

So you think the sun setting in a muddy spring is scientifically accurate?(Quran 18:86)

Last edited:
Because Mohammed and his companions couldn’t control their urges and had to put the blame on the women.
To protect their modesty, skin and hair. The environment is very harsh. A woman couldn't survive without a family. You are so ignorant about Islam. Why is that?

To protect their modesty, skin and hair. The environment is very harsh. A woman couldn't survive without a family. You are so ignorant about Islam. Why is that?
That may be true in 7th century Arabia, but we’re talking about things that are supposed to be true for all places and times. There’s no reason for modern women to be held to those standards. What of the human rights of the woman who prefers sunscreen instead of a veil and has the means to take care of herself?

(QUESTION)

1. Does Islamic doctrine of predetermination abide by the
limits of the freedom of choice, or rather choice,
essentially only an illusion?
Everything is decreed and there is free will.

That may be true in 7th century Arabia, but we’re talking about things that are supposed to be true for all places and times. There’s no reason for modern women to be held to those standards. What of the human rights of the woman who prefers sunscreen instead of a veil and has the means to take care of herself?
You should mind your own business. What makes you think you have the right to dictate change about other countries, cultures, traditions and religion.

Yes, because it is deviant sex, a perversion of what God and nature intended. But it ultimately is a personal matter as well that doesn't really concern me too much if kept behind closed doors and out of my face.
It is prohibited because Allah prohibited it. It affects the society.

But what about marrying children, girls only 12 years old? What if that guardianship involves overt control, even beatings or stoning for something so mild as just looking at another man?

How much room is there for a woman to freely express herself, seek her potential and creativity?

I guess the question I would ask myself is if women have it so good, would you be wiling to trade places and be a woman instead of a man?
There is no age limit for marriage in Islam, per se. It's up to the individual situation.

What if any marriage includes violence? Try to get out.

Endlessly?

I am a woman, but I would not be willing to trade places and be a man instead.

American women in the US.
what about american women in the US. ?
OH!!! the head covering is for the protection of
skin and hair in desert climes!!! ----so they are not
needed in fine spring weather in the USA---thanks
for letting us know, Suradie. Covering one's head
is an interesting topic. Greek women did it too.
Indian ladies cover their heads in various social
situations too

situations too
Suradie-----you seem to have stated that in
your opinion both konradv and I are "so ignorant
about islam" How do you reach that conclusion?
konradv did make note of the fact that many
muslims ASSERT their belief that islam as it is
is FOR ALL PEOPLE IN ALL PLACES---why tell him
MYOB

Muslim women are not allowed to talk in their husband's presence without their husband's permission.
My wife and I are in professions where we see this all the time.
That is incorrect. There is nothing that prohibits a woman from speaking in her husband's presence, however, there are rules on her speaking in the presence of other people, and in the presence of strange men in particular. Muslim women have a great deal of respect toward their husbands and there are certain etiquettes to follow.

You should mind your own business. What makes you think you have the right to dictate change about other countries, cultures, traditions and religion.
They’re trying to mind our business. If a group says their intention is to take over the world, it’s my right to discuss them and point out any flaws in their agenda. I think you need to quit swallowing what the apologists have to say and do some research of your own. I’ll not stand for this fascistic “shut up and mind your own business”. They’ve made it my business by trying to impose Islamic values on us, for example, who we’re allowed to portray in a satirical magazine or face death. That’s barbaric.

That is incorrect. There is nothing that prohibits a woman from speaking in her husband's presence, however, there are rules on her speaking in the presence of other people, and in the presence of strange men in particular. Muslim women have a great deal of respect toward their husbands and there are certain etiquettes to follow.
That’s fine for the woman that agrees, but what of the one who does not? If she’s punished in any way, that’s a violation of basic human rights.

situations too
You should see their hair and skin. What is your problem with their tradition?

That’s fine for the woman that agrees, but what of the one who does not? If she’s punished in any way, that’s a violation of basic human rights.
Why do you think that your beliefs matter? This is so typical of the Ugly American.

Suradie-----you seem to have stated that in
your opinion both konradv and I are "so ignorant
about islam" How do you reach that conclusion?
konradv did make note of the fact that many
muslims ASSERT their belief that islam as it is
is FOR ALL PEOPLE IN ALL PLACES---why tell him
MYOB
So don't travel to an Arab country.

Konrad ---you have highlighted a very interesting
aspect of the islamic ethos regarding 'rights'. Muslims assert that they fight ONLY IN SELF DEFENSE.
However, historically a rationale for inflicting violence
has been over "treatment of islam"---whether
treatment of muslims in non-muslim lands or
even of the laws and customs of islam and that
which muslims regard as "blasphemy" 'human
rights' in islam is determined by SHARIAH --not
by opinion and especially not by the opinion of
non-muslims regardless of where THEY live

Forum List

Back