"Black Panther" movie. Why is an all-black movie a victory for diversity?

What’s funny about this movie is that this (fictional) nation was so wealthy and advanced for so long because they had zero immigration, took no refugees, and gave no foreign aid. Then at the end of the movie they decide to just throw all that away and embrace diversity and multiculturalism all in the name of helping the downtrodden negroes around the planet. There were several cracks about white colonization and the slave trade, but they refused to acknowledge the fact that Africans started the slave trade themselves.

Blacks seem to be excitied about this movie. Will they embrace its message and put down the crack pipe and pick up a book and learn to apply themselves in a meaningful way?

That wasn't necessarily the case. The kept people put because they feared the outside world would use their technology and materials for evil or start a war over it.

And you making sweeping generalizations about blacks. As if we are all smoking crack and dumb.

I never done drugs or even alcohol in my life and I am university educated. I educate others for a living.

Super Hero crap. Hollywood is like the Grammies now, reduced to trying to sell total crap as 'art', like trying to sell that gibbering crackhead idiot Kendrick Lamer being touted up as some sort of 'great artist' now. Black culture continues its race down the toilet. Such a long steep fall from the eras that produced artists like Ellington, Bassie, Miles Davis, John Coltrane the Marsalis brothers,,et al.

Yes - blacks used to produce great entertainers and now they can't even do that. They've NEVER been able to produce important people like engineers and scientists. What a pathetic race. Lincoln had the right idea. Send them back to africa.

There are still great black entertainers around but Hollywood rarely puts them in their movies. There are still a lot of great black films out there but most of them are indies

Blacks seem to be excitied about this movie. Will they embrace its message and put down the crack pipe and pick up a book and learn to apply themselves in a meaningful way?

Ah, now this is true science fantasy right here. Most likely all this movie will inspire is more black yoofs committing hate crimes and police assassinations.

this is the 3rd one.....

Lessee...Spawn, Blade...and uh...

I hope you're not including Catwoman on that list.
Meteor man, Blank man, Steel, Spawn, Blade, Hancock and yes Catwoman

Blankman? That should be considered a comedy rather than a superhero movie. I wouldn't call Super Fuzz a superhero movie. :p

they've had all kinds of super hero movies. Super Fly, Shaft, all those movies with the football player turned cop, and many others.

this is the 3rd one.....

Blankman? That should be considered a comedy rather than a superhero movie. I wouldn't call Super Fuzz a superhero movie. :p

they've had all kinds of super hero movies. Super Fly, Shaft, all those movies with the football player turned cop, and many others.
shaft a super hero?.....not in the comic book criteria....

this is the 3rd one.....

That famous superhero movie, Shaft! :lol:

this is the 3rd one.....

By black cultural standards, they very much are; and, they had black comics back then. One of them was famous for setting his own face on fire. Sure, the standards are low, but they're definitely there.

By black cultural standards, they very much are; and, they had black comics back then. One of them was famous for setting his own face on fire. Sure, the standards are low, but they're definitely there.

Did you just compare Richard Pryor's setting himself on fire with comic book superheroes? :cuckoo:

Did you just compare Richard Pryor's setting himself on fire with comic book superheroes? :cuckoo:

His popularity with blacks skyrocketed because of it. It's considered a great achievement.

His popularity with blacks skyrocketed because of it. It's considered a great achievement.

It has nothing to do with comic book superheroes. :rofl: It's as though you saw the word 'comic' and ignored everything else.

It has nothing to do with comic book superheroes. :rofl: It's as though you saw the word 'comic' and ignored everything else.

George Carlin and Batman are two of my favorites. :thup:

What’s funny about this movie is that this (fictional) nation was so wealthy and advanced for so long because they had zero immigration, took no refugees, and gave no foreign aid. Then at the end of the movie they decide to just throw all that away and embrace diversity and multiculturalism all in the name of helping the downtrodden negroes around the planet. There were several cracks about white colonization and the slave trade, but they refused to acknowledge the fact that Africans started the slave trade themselves.

Of course we are excited about the movie. I'm going to see it again today.

If you whites stop smoking meth, chugging opioids and put down the crack pipe we will see about getting the very few Blacks on crack off it. Set the example.

That wasn't necessarily the case. The kept people put because they feared the outside world would use their technology and materials for evil or start a war over it.

And you making sweeping generalizations about blacks. As if we are all smoking crack and dumb.

I never done drugs or even alcohol in my life and I am university educated. I educate others for a living.
With so many whites smoking meth, crack and doing opioids I wouldnt waste my time trying to explain anything to the monkey.

George Carlin and Batman are two of my favorites. :thup:

Richard Pryor has several books out. This Montrovant guy is really uninformed.

this is the 3rd one.....

No Shaft didnt have super powers. He was a hero though. Love the song from the movie. Hope they play it my funeral.

No Shaft didnt have super powers. He was a hero though. Love the song from the movie. Hope they play it my funeral.

that is surprising; the Shaft movies don't seem nearly racist enough for your tastes, not even as racist as this pile of shit movie is.

that is surprising; the Shaft movies don't seem nearly racist enough for your tastes, not even as racist as this pile of shit movie is.

Have you seen Black Panther? What makes it racist? I haven't seen it yet.

Forum List

Back