🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do We Really Have FREEDOM, in America ?

Primary elections are a relatively new phenomenon. 50 years ago, every state chose it's delegates like CO.
upload_2016-4-11_17-51-48.jpeg

Why lie? There is no way you voted for Carter, Clinton, Gore, Kerry or Obama. Dummies always think the people they are talking to are as stupid as they are.

You just joined the GOP last year? Maybe you are the reason they are dying? Hmmmmmm?
I voted for McGovern (and campaigned for him too), Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Nader (twice), Kerry, and Obama (in 2008 only). I voted for Virgil Goode in 2012, and will be voting for Trump in 2016.

As for the rest of your "post" (if one could call it that), you can display your stupidity, if you think everyone needs to know it. I already do, but maybe not everyone else does, so carry on.

So the fact that you're obviously and completely wrong is a "moot point"?

More states today choose their delegates by primary election today than ever before in history. By your measure, that means we're more "FREE" than ever before.
Well, you just happen to be wrong about me being wrong. Fact is, I don't give a rats ass about what states did 50 years ago, or 30 years ago, or last year. Only thing that matters is what they SHOULD be doing NOW. Get it ?

More states today choose their delegates by primary election today than ever before in history. By your measure, that means we're more "FREE" than ever before.
Well, you just happen to be wrong about me being wrong. Fact is, I don't give a rats ass about what states did 50 years ago, or 30 years ago, or last year. Only thing that matters is what they SHOULD be doing NOW. Get it ?

Your attempt to re-write your arguments are cute, but your posts are still here in this thread.

Are you denying you posted this?

If party primary elections are your measure of "FREEDOM", we are more FREE than ever before in our history.
That is preposterous. Exactly the opposite if that is true. Do you work for the GOP ?
geez.gif

Your attempt to re-write your arguments are cute, but your posts are still here in this thread.

Are you denying you posted this?

If party primary elections are your measure of "FREEDOM", we are more FREE than ever before in our history.
That is preposterous. Exactly the opposite if that is true. Do you work for the GOP ?
geez.gif
"Rewrite" ? I don't know what you're talking about. Please specify.

And I don't deny anything I posted (although I did edit the word "if" > was supposed to be "of") sorry for the typo - I fixed it.

And I don't write anything that is "cute".

Michael Savage has denounced the Colorado "gift" that party bosses there gave to Cruz, bypassing the voters, whom they know would have voted for Trump. He called upon Cruz to renounce the Colorado result an call for an election in the state. Savage said >>

“This is a corrupt, rotten system. It’s a one-party system. It’s demagoguery. There is no two-party system. They are the ones who selected Obama. They are the ones who are selecting Hillary. Make no mistake about it.”
Savage said the “rigged Republican, back-room deal” was “not befitting a free republic” and “something you would expect of Uruguay in the 1940s.”

Michael Savage to Cruz: Renounce Colorado result

Regarding Cruz, for someone who believes in the personal freedom of the Constitution, shouldn't he want the will of the people - instead of the will of the RNC?

The Trump supporter butt-hurt is epic.

Funny, they didn't hate cruz this much when he shut down the government.

I am sensing another convention riot like 1968, only this time on the Republican side. Too much at stake this year, for people to just take it in stride, and just say "Oh well!"

Gut tells me it's gonna get really nasty, as the GOP big boys won't give up their power & perks, and they are up against an opponent (Trump) who will hit them with everything he's got (and he's got a lot)

Gut tells me it's gonna get really nasty, as the GOP big boys won't give up their power & perks, and they are up against an opponent (Trump) who will hit them with everything he's got (and he's got a lot)
---
Trump would be the GOP nominee if we had a Democracy, but we don't.
We have a Republic.
Hence, the GOP needs to nominate their best candidate to defeat the Demo front runner.
According to recent polls, the only GOP candidate that can defeat Clinton is Kasich.
Kasich will be the Republican nominee for POTUS.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Kasich vs. Clinton

---
We have a Republic.
Hence, the GOP needs to nominate their best candidate to defeat the Demo front runner.
According to recent polls, the only GOP candidate that can defeat Clinton is Kasich.

If Kasich can beat Clinton it's because he expects democrats to vote for him. Republicans haven't voted for him yet.

Freedom is a state of mind..more than a social construct..It also involves how much the third estate of commoners get involved...But, we are pretty much given what we are to accept..

ask Jews who survived the Holocaust whether freedom is a state of mind.

---
We have a Republic.

"Recent polls" are IRRELEVANT with respect to the November election. General election polling in April is irrelevant. Hillary has enjoyed months of non-challenge. She hasnot even been challenged on the damage she's done to national security yet. After a couple of debates with Trump, and being raked over the email coals, the polls will be entirely different

After a few debates with Trump, who WILL challenge her on all the things that Bernie isn't, it will be a very different picture.

If Kasich can beat Clinton it's because he expects democrats to vote for him. Republicans haven't voted for him yet.
Kasich is a RINO who supports amnesty for illegal aliens. To run Kasich against Hillary is about like running another Democrat against her. I suspect the GOP boys will nominate Kasich though, and he will get about 5% of the Republican vote, the other 95% going to Trump.

I've brought this up before, and have been resoundingly told that the President is not elected by democratic one man-one vote, although most other officials are. It has been this way since the beginning, because the States demanded more power than they now have over the federal government. They wouldn't have ratified the Constitution otherwise.
That being said,
The media has been bringing up this idea of a contested convention where the RNC brings in someone the people didn't vote for, or that back the candidate who didn't get the most votes. It's mostly the media and a few horrified Republicans bringing it up, though, and I personally don't believe the RNC will do that. It's media hype to send everyone into a dither so they'll keep watching the news. My advice is, relax and hope for the best. If I'm wrong, you'll have plenty of time to react after the convention.

YOu are totally WRONG, and on more than one thing.

1. It is a matter of what the RNC will do, It is a matter of what GOP party bosses HAVE ALREADY DONE. They have given more delegates to Cruz in states where he go less votes. They are putting their own selfish wishes over the voting of the public. Period.

2. The states getting power over the federal govt in US president elections, is an issue that is related to the process of ELECTORAL votes in the general election . This is a different issue than that. This is the primaries with GOP party bosses having power over the American voters.
To me, the electoral vote system and the delegates only caucus are two sides of the same coin. It is a step from direct Democracy because the men who designed our government feared mob rule. Actually, it seems to me that they had a prescient moment and actually saw Donald Trump in this election cycle. I will personally respect your right to support Trump or anyone else, but as a nation, it shows we are less than good choosers that he is so far ahead.
Sometimes maybe the democratic voters of America need to get hauled up a bit.

---
We have a Republic.
"Recent polls" are IRRELEVANT with respect to the November election. General election polling in April is irrelevant. Hillary has enjoyed months of non-challenge. She hasnot even been challenged on the damage she's done to national security yet. After a couple of debates with Trump, and being raked over the email coals, the polls will be entirely different

After a few debates with Trump, who WILL challenge her on all the things that Bernie isn't, it will be a very different picture.
---
You have a good argument, but polls do matter a lot to political strategists.
If current polls hold up until late July for both conventions, i can see RNC nominating Kasich, prompting Trump to run independently.

Unlike Clinton, Sanders has good poll numbers against Kasich, and Sanders has even better poll numbers against Trump (hard to believe)!
If current poll numbers hold until July, and RNC nominates Kasich, the DNC may nominate Sanders!

It's possible (likely?) that we will see the November votes split among ...
Sanders vs Kasich vs Trump !!!

Forum List

Back