Gun owner...first shot kills homem invader...literally, his first shot...

it is you who needs to STFU

having been a federal law enforcement officer (ret) for 24 years and one of my duties was REVIEWING shootings by Federal officers, I have come across dozens of cases where civilians (be they police, federal agents or private citizens) were attacked by several criminals and required multiple shots

since there is NO DOWNSIDE to Honest citizens having 20-30 round magazines and there is a CHANCE of running into multiple criminals or CRIMINALS USING 20-30 round magazines IT IS STUPID TO PASS A LAW THAT WILL ONLY IMPACT THE LAW ABIDING

Listen you stupid asshole--if you claim criminals MISUSE what bed wetters like you call HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES-then by definition those criminals are attacking GOOD PEOPLE with weapons carrying 20-30 rounds and THAT JUSTIFIES good people having them too

Then it should be easy to provide links to examples. Lets see them.

I don't need to-the burden is on the assholes who want to limit our rights

I have no duty to defend my rights. and I guess you are too stupid to understand the point I made

If you believe criminals with 20-30 round magazines are a problem, that justifies US having such capacities TOO

why do you want to pass laws that HANDICAP honest citizens

IS IT BECAUSE YOU SUPPORT CRIMINALS

OR WORSE YET-ARE YOU SOME SORT OF ASSHOLE WHO NEEDS SHOOTING BY A LAWABIDING AMERICAN?

So you just want to rant and not back it up with anything. Hard to take you seriously.

I don't need to back it up SFB. The police have determined that number of rounds is most suitable for self defense so I am merely following their advice. But you are too stupid (do you have a college degree) or DISHONEST to understand that if criminal misuse justifies garment soiling ninnies like you to ban stuff, it means that criminals are using these things and the rest of us need to have equivalent firepower

Police are apprehending criminals. That is different than self defense. I'm really questioning if you have any real background with the police. You seem to not know the most simple of things.

Look, I realize you have no military, police or tactical training but if you are engaging in an offensive action (ARRESTING) you generally have an advantage over those who are DEFENDING

CRIMINALS CHOOSE THE TIME MANNER AND PLACE to attack citizens. POLICE GENERALLY CHOOSE THE TIME MANNER AND PLACE to engage criminals

remind me again of your qualifications?

This comes from a post by Mojo2...and shows why you really are not one to discuss the ammo needs of law abiding citizens Brain357...

Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

Before the call that changed Sergeant Timothy Gramins’ life forever, he typically carried 47 rounds of handgun ammunition on his person while on duty.

Today, he carries 145, “every day, without fail.”

He detailed the gunfight that caused the difference in a gripping presentation at the annual conference of the Assn. of SWAT Personnel-Wisconsin.

Keep in mind...he is a law enforcement officer...he has a radio to call for help, he has a shotgun, a pistol and possibly an AR-15 in his trunk...

A civilian is usually on their own for the minutes it takes for police to arrive...if they can put the call out for help...

Read on...

Still waiting on real examples of anyone needing hi cap magazines for defense.
Still waiting for you to justify why I shouldn't have 30 round mags for defenCe.

You must be a really bad shot.
I'm a really good shot, 99 times out of 100, I'll only need one or 2 rounds, maybe 10 if there are multiple targets, The point is, I want to survive that 1 chance where 10 rounds doesn't cut it.

I fully intend to be better armed than anyone who might come at me. I likely am.

Meanwhile people are getting shot in mass shootings or hit by strays from gang bangers now in the real world.

Come on Brain357...we make a law stating that if you are a gang banger or are about to do a mass shooting you can only use 10 round magazines...problem solved...

I have come your way by allowing a ban of 10 round magazines...now your turn...let law abiding citizens have 30 round magazines....it's called compromise...

Brain wants to make working conditions safer for robbers rapists and active shooters

that's the only logical position one can have of his psychotic nonsense

If you are firing that much in defense you are endangering everyone around you. And I'm still waiting for an example of anyone ever needing a hi cap magazine for defense. The gentleman for this thread needed 1 shot and he was fine.

How about the attempted genocide of Koreans in Koreatown by successive mobs of blacks during the LA Riots? It was on the third day of the riots and the gun battle raged all day and into the night. Former Korean marines (ROC's) had the good sense to establish several sandbagged defense positions on second-storey rooftops of Korean businesses. Many people were shot, several died.

The black mayor of Los Angeles, Tom Bradley, refused to dispatch LAPD units to help the Koreans. They were on their own. How about that situation? Do you think high capacity magazines might be justified in that defensive situation? I mean when you're trying to protect yourselves, your families, and your community from mass murder at the hands of savage racist animals...all of them democrats I'm sure.

This story is why guns are so important as a defensive tool....this is a 70 year old man who never fired a gun before...ever....a home invader breaks into this couples house, points the shotgun and orders the 70 year old man to get on the ground....

Defensive Gun Use of the Day OK Gun Owner s First Ever Shot Takes Down Shotgun Burglar Edition - The Truth About Guns

Cardell says he did not have any experience using a firearm.

“No! That’s my first time shooting a gun,” he said.

Frances said they bought the gun hoping to never need it, but now she’s glad it was there.

“This is something we never dreamed would have happened in our lifetime,” Frances said.

the anti gunners don't understand...firearms are not that hard to use...sure...more training is better than no training....but very little training is no bar from deploying a gun effectively....in most self defense cases, you aren't going to find people who train like navy seals....they tend to be average people with little to no training, and they use the guns to save lives and stop violent criminal attacks....that is why the gun replaced the sword, and spear and why they are so important for the weak, the old, the injured, the ambushed and the individual facing multiple attackers....no other weapon makes people equal the way a gun does....

And he didn't need a hi cap magazine.

No one has ever lost a gun fight because he had TOO much ammo

its like saying that disease I had did no require my 1 million annual insurance policy limits

Listen anti gun twits: IF CIVILIAN POLICE have determined that 17 shot pistols and 30 shot rifles are the most suitable self defense weapons for CIVILIAN cops to use in a CIVILIAN URBAN ENVIRONMENT, who are you ninnies to disagree?

Sorry but if you have to actually arrest criminals it's different than defending. Defending you shoot at somebody a couple times and they take off it's over. Cop shoots at a criminal a couple times and he takes off and the cop needs to pursue. Totally different. Sorry.

You keep claiming that the criminal will take off when a couple of shots are fired. It is interesting that you think this is what always happens.

And cops are not allowed to shoot at a fleeing suspect, unless they can show them to be a danger.

Then it should be easy to provide links to examples. Lets see them.

I don't need to-the burden is on the assholes who want to limit our rights

I have no duty to defend my rights. and I guess you are too stupid to understand the point I made

If you believe criminals with 20-30 round magazines are a problem, that justifies US having such capacities TOO

why do you want to pass laws that HANDICAP honest citizens

IS IT BECAUSE YOU SUPPORT CRIMINALS

OR WORSE YET-ARE YOU SOME SORT OF ASSHOLE WHO NEEDS SHOOTING BY A LAWABIDING AMERICAN?

So you just want to rant and not back it up with anything. Hard to take you seriously.

I don't need to back it up SFB. The police have determined that number of rounds is most suitable for self defense so I am merely following their advice. But you are too stupid (do you have a college degree) or DISHONEST to understand that if criminal misuse justifies garment soiling ninnies like you to ban stuff, it means that criminals are using these things and the rest of us need to have equivalent firepower

Police are apprehending criminals. That is different than self defense. I'm really questioning if you have any real background with the police. You seem to not know the most simple of things.

Look, I realize you have no military, police or tactical training but if you are engaging in an offensive action (ARRESTING) you generally have an advantage over those who are DEFENDING

CRIMINALS CHOOSE THE TIME MANNER AND PLACE to attack citizens. POLICE GENERALLY CHOOSE THE TIME MANNER AND PLACE to engage criminals

remind me again of your qualifications?

So you are saying police know when and where crimes are going to happen? I think you have lost all credibility.

This story is why guns are so important as a defensive tool....this is a 70 year old man who never fired a gun before...ever....a home invader breaks into this couples house, points the shotgun and orders the 70 year old man to get on the ground....

Defensive Gun Use of the Day OK Gun Owner s First Ever Shot Takes Down Shotgun Burglar Edition - The Truth About Guns

Frances said they bought the gun hoping to never need it, but now she’s glad it was there.

“This is something we never dreamed would have happened in our lifetime,” Frances said.

the anti gunners don't understand...firearms are not that hard to use...sure...more training is better than no training....but very little training is no bar from deploying a gun effectively....in most self defense cases, you aren't going to find people who train like navy seals....they tend to be average people with little to no training, and they use the guns to save lives and stop violent criminal attacks....that is why the gun replaced the sword, and spear and why they are so important for the weak, the old, the injured, the ambushed and the individual facing multiple attackers....no other weapon makes people equal the way a gun does....

its like saying that disease I had did no require my 1 million annual insurance policy limits

Listen anti gun twits: IF CIVILIAN POLICE have determined that 17 shot pistols and 30 shot rifles are the most suitable self defense weapons for CIVILIAN cops to use in a CIVILIAN URBAN ENVIRONMENT, who are you ninnies to disagree?

Sorry but if you have to actually arrest criminals it's different than defending. Defending you shoot at somebody a couple times and they take off it's over. Cop shoots at a criminal a couple times and he takes off and the cop needs to pursue. Totally different. Sorry.

You keep claiming that the criminal will take off when a couple of shots are fired. It is interesting that you think this is what always happens.

And cops are not allowed to shoot at a fleeing suspect, unless they can show them to be a danger.

You seem to be missing my point. The criminal might take off after no shots fired. The number really doesn't matter, if the criminal takes off the defender is done. If the criminal takes off the police have to pursue. Are you really trying to say the police won't pursue a fleeing suspect? Right.

Meanwhile people are getting shot in mass shootings or hit by strays from gang bangers now in the real world.

Come on Brain357...we make a law stating that if you are a gang banger or are about to do a mass shooting you can only use 10 round magazines...problem solved...

I have come your way by allowing a ban of 10 round magazines...now your turn...let law abiding citizens have 30 round magazines....it's called compromise...

Brain wants to make working conditions safer for robbers rapists and active shooters

So we know mass shooters and gang bangers are using hi cap mags to kill innocent people all the time. Nobody here has a single example of anyone needing a hi cap magazine for defense. It's not psychotic nonsense, it's just common sense. Something you seem to be completely lacking.

If you are firing that much in defense you are endangering everyone around you. And I'm still waiting for an example of anyone ever needing a hi cap magazine for defense. The gentleman for this thread needed 1 shot and he was fine.

How about the attempted genocide of Koreans in Koreatown by successive mobs of blacks during the LA Riots? It was on the third day of the riots and the gun battle raged all day and into the night. Former Korean marines (ROC's) had the good sense to establish several sandbagged defense positions on second-storey rooftops of Korean businesses. Many people were shot, several died.

The black mayor of Los Angeles, Tom Bradley, refused to dispatch LAPD units to help the Koreans. They were on their own. How about that situation? Do you think high capacity magazines might be justified in that defensive situation? I mean when you're trying to protect yourselves, your families, and your community from mass murder at the hands of savage racist animals...all of them democrats I'm sure.

I don't recall there being that many armed rioters. I also don't recall these Koreans killing a large number of people. How many people did they kill to defend themselves? Sounds like a situation where they could reload. You have a link that says what happened?

you are talking out your ass again.

LA-30 years ago. Guy on PCP took over 18 fatal shots from hot 357s

There you go

Oh this was a citizen defending himself? Lets see the link.

show me a link proving that there will never ever be a need for a citizen to have more than 10 rounds

How about I show you links to mass shooters who used hi cap magazines to kill innocent people. You are worried about somebody who might possibly one day need 11 rds and can't reload. Meanwhile people are getting shot in mass shootings or hit by strays from gang bangers now in the real world. Your house is burning, but you won't go outside because you might get hit by lightning.

mass shooters are what

1) violating all kinds of laws-laws that involve the DEATH PENALTY

and yet those people still did the crimes

2) so tell me moron-how would a Magazine ban stop them

god you are one stupid SOB

You really are dense. Would not stop, but slow down. Giffords shooting was stopped when shooter reloaded.

Bill that is just childish.

So we know mass shooters and gang bangers are using hi cap mags to kill innocent people all the time. Nobody here has a single example of anyone needing a hi cap magazine for defense. It's not psychotic nonsense, it's just common sense. Something you seem to be completely lacking.

We don't give a shit about what you think we need Brian

-Geaux

Muslimsvsguns.jpg

-Geaux

Muslimsvsguns.jpg

I am fully aware you don't care about all the innocent people being killed.

-Geaux

Muslimsvsguns.jpg

Actually, I don't care about the thugs that innocent people kill.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Muslimsvsguns.jpg

Actually, I don't care about the thugs that innocent people kill.

-Geaux

Then why do you want them to be so well armed? People don't need hi cap magazines for defense, only the thugs and mass shooters need them. Unless you have an example of someone needing a hi cap mag for defense?

The right to keep and bear arms has nothing to do with "need".

And who are you to say what a person needs?

It's not about unable. They would have no reason to get 30 rd magazines. If hi cap magazines were illegal it would be much easier to get guns with 10 rd magazines. Why bother putting the extra effort into getting 30 rd magazines when you can rob a store with 10 just as well? Criminals don't use machine guns now because they don't need them and they are hard to get. It's the same thing.

You know machining a 30 round magazine is like machine tool 101 right? Even if you made them illegal criminals could make them, crazy people could more easily make them, because the buggers are so dedicated to whatever mayhem they propose to do.

And if you make them they are much more likely to jam. Magazines made by the manufacturer often jam as it is. Made in the garage would jam a lot.

Again, machine shop 101, its stamped metal with a spring and a plate in it.

I have HUNDREDS of normal capacity magazines. at least 100 30 rounders for AR 15s

why-I am a competitive shooter I go through a lot of magazines

When the gun-hating Libs in Colorado's legislative branch passed a recent law limiting magazine capacity the gun accessory company, Magpul, offered a special deal before the law was signed by Governor Hickenlooper (and anemic Lib). They generally don't sell directly to the general public but they made an exception in this case. They offered (at a great price) to sell up to 10 30rd mags to any Coloradan in any County except for Denver County (a bastion for Liberal kooks). I bought 10 even though I already had several.[/QUOTE]

What a fucking tool you are. Are you READY for the zombie apocalypse yet? Or do you need another dozen or so of them 30 round mags. You ONLY have one hundred of them. Better get em before the zombies get em. They are coming to get you, ya know that don't cha?

Rambo on dude rambo on.

Good god the gun and ammo manufactures love idiots like you gun nutters. Profit profit profit is what you represent.

No, that is what YOUR much beloved Kleck study says. Or didn't you read it? And nothing happens ALWAYS.
But with the zombie apocalypse coming to your house, you probably do need a machine gun. Don't cha?
You know, to really put some lead in the air.

Machine guns for everyone. That is what we need to stop the zombies. And all those others that need shooting.
I'd be down with that. I want gun stores to sell reasonable priced full auto machine guns.

Do you support that idea or not. Machine guns for everybody that can buy a gun. If the police have them and the military has them then us citizens need them.

Why isn't the NRA pushing for my right to own a full auto machine gun?

Forum List

Back