He finally did something right....................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
You know, even though I didn't like Jr. when he was in office, if he did something right, I was willing to say he did good.

And, while I really don't like Trump, if he does something good, I will say it was good and that he should be lauded for it.

Trump finally did something good. He signed an EO to establish a data base that will be able to tell us when a cop has been disciplined for abuse of authority. This is something that has been a long time coming, and while it should have happened a long time ago, at least he did something right in establishing this data base for reporting police who abuse their authority.

And, fwiw, I think that defunding or getting rid of the police is a bad idea. However, we do need to have a way of holding them accountable, and this data base is a good start.

EO's are not good. EO's are the realm of the lazy. It's what presidents do when they don't want to put in the effort to actually get laws passed.

Hey, while he might not have done it in a way as to make it permanent, at least it's a start. No other presidents have been willing to sign something like this.

And, even though I think he's probably the worst president ever, at least in this one thing, he did something right.

EO's are not good. EO's are the realm of the lazy. It's what presidents do when they don't want to put in the effort to actually get laws passed.
This... Isn't really a law that can be passed. This isn't even a procedure.. It's a tool. That as far as I'm aware doesn't even have to be utilized outside of you can sue the local/state/federal government for hiring cops who continually/willfully hire bad cops.

A LAW of this would be to say you are breaking the law if you don't use said database in all hiring of cops. But you can't make the law without first setting up the structure... Right?

This... Isn't really a law that can be passed. This isn't even a procedure.. It's a tool. That as far as I'm aware doesn't even have to be utilized outside of you can sue the local/state/federal government for hiring cops who continually/willfully hire bad cops.

A LAW of this would be to say you are breaking the law if you don't use said database in all hiring of cops. But you can't make the law without first setting up the structure... Right?

Absolutely, which a bill could set up.

lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol........................!!!!!!!!!

Problem is a lot of criminals will claim they were roughed up when arrested in the hope of getting a reduced sentence if convicted.
Now even good policemen will have a terrible record of abusing people in their files. ... :cool:

Everything is going to be recorded.

You know, even though I didn't like Jr. when he was in office, if he did something right, I was willing to say he did good.

And, while I really don't like Trump, if he does something good, I will say it was good and that he should be lauded for it.

Trump finally did something good. He signed an EO to establish a data base that will be able to tell us when a cop has been disciplined for abuse of authority. This is something that has been a long time coming, and while it should have happened a long time ago, at least he did something right in establishing this data base for reporting police who abuse their authority.

And, fwiw, I think that defunding or getting rid of the police is a bad idea. However, we do need to have a way of holding them accountable, and this data base is a good start.

you've either been watching way to much fake news democrat controlled media or just asleep

After ... Months, years? This way at least it's usable way before that.

It's a Trump EO. It will be ignored.

It's a Trump EO. It will be ignored.
I don't think they'll ignore this one. It's actually kind of perfect for police brutality lawsuits. You know... Against people. Even black, brown, yellow, red, and white ones. ( Did I get them all? )

I mean seriously... Lawyers will pretty much make sure this isn't ignored... Especially ones looking to make a buck.

That's nice. Care to explain to me how the federal government intends to force State or city police actually to create entries in that database? Because, methinks they don't have that power.

Also, what, really, is going to be entered? Complaints? Substantiated complaints? Complaints only if there was disciplinary action because of a complaint?

Tell you what, Sailor, you should be more suspicious of what you hear from Trump, who hasn't had a single critical world about police racism, the Blue Omertà, or anything. Also, there will be intense pressure on complainants not to file complaints (do you want to destroy the man's life?), and actual disciplinary action will become scarcer, still, in case it leads to a database entry.

My suspicion is, that database is a hoax, and that's why Trump and those fat police chiefs standing right next to him chose to include that in the EO. Just as there's a loophole in the "ban" on chokeholds, there is going to be a loophole, or a dozen, with that database. President Spectacle at it, again.

Forum List

Back