Is Fox News Brainwashing People?

But setting aside personal insults and attacks, has anybody made a case for Fox News brainwashing anybody? Do the leftwing cable news channels brainwash their audiences?

The fact is, Fox News is successful because it provides more programming content that people want to watch than any other news channels do. It attracts audience because people want the information it offers and that is offered in a more intelligent way than what most of us find with the other channels. If you want one side of the story presented you go to MSNBC or CNN. If you want all sides of the story presented, you go to Fox. Does that mean that Fox won't ever get it wrong or make a mistake? Nope. They all do. But I'm pretty sure an impartial analysis would show that Fox has a better track record on accuracy than proably most.

Fox News Channel has been the most watched cable news network for 13 straight years. Fox News was the only cable news network to grow in primetime ratings in 2014 while MSNBC was down 20% and CNN down 8% in overall primetime viewership. While higher ratings translate into better advertising revenues for the cable networks, Fox News' strength is also aiding its subscription growth. Fox News is an immensely popular channel with a loyal audience, which is unlikely to shift to other news networks. Moreover, it is the most trusted news network, according to new polling done by Quinnipiac University. On that note, we discuss below the trends in Fox News' subscription revenues and our estimates and forecast for the coming years.
Read more: Ratings Growth And Cable News Dominance Will Boost Fox News Subscription Revenues - NASDAQ.com

In answer to your question, yes there is evidence that the propaganda broadcast by Fox Entertainment (and Limbaugh, et al) is an effective method in convincing its listeners/viewers - brainwashing them - to believe that every idea, post, statement, policy or comment which disagrees with the current (an very extreme) conservative ideology is based on a lie; a BIG LIE suggesting, stating, hinting, etc. that all liberals, Democrats, progressives Communists, Marxists, Statists, Nazis, authoritarians and racists.

Fox & AM Radio talking heads do so using lies, but also half-truths, innuendo and spreading humors as factual. Their followers, listening to them and other RW demagogues post on this and other message boards, rewriting history ( posting our current and past leaders were complicit in supporting covertly the ideology of despots) and using hate and fear, some of it subtle and some of it overt, to brainwash its listeners.

The evidence is in the words written on this message, we read the same iniquitous and falderal comments every day, posted by members of the echo chamber and far right partisan hacks, sans evidence, and often using the same phrases parroted from each other and from other echo chamber members, on the same day on the same threads.

You can mentally masturbate yourselves in planning how to get fox off the air.
^The Fox News Junkie typical Response.

They don't know politics at all. But they will insult you 100% of the time because they think if you can insult someone, you win a debate.

Two days in a row the comment was made that Walter Scott was shot in the back 8 times on Morning Joe. Fox News said there were 8 shots fired and he was shot in the back 4 times and grazed on his ear once.

Which one is factual and which one is meant to stir up hatred? You decide!
fox has been going nonstop on it since the clip was released ...what's your point?

The point was an effort to convince the reader that Fox was correct and MSNBC was not, or that Fox is honest,and MSNBC is not. Critical thinkers, hey anyone with a brain would ask about the timing of the statements, did MSNBC get earlier statements from a source, and Fox alater statement, maybe from the ME? In other words, the point made was both dull and flaccid without further elucidation.

and far right partisan hacks, sans evidence,

dear, cut the BS and tell us what you have against freedom and capitalism or admit as a typical liberal you lack the IQ to be here.

Well, freedom is just another word,

"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free, now now.
And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,
You know feeling good was good enough for me,
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee."

And Capitalism,

“I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.”

Not my opinions, but more than enough to put a dumb shit like EB into a seizure.

“I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars,

don't be afraid dear. try to give us a representative example of this. How will you learn if you afraid to try

But setting aside personal insults and attacks, has anybody made a case for Fox News brainwashing anybody? Do the leftwing cable news channels brainwash their audiences?

The fact is, Fox News is successful because it provides more programming content that people want to watch than any other news channels do. It attracts audience because people want the information it offers and that is offered in a more intelligent way than what most of us find with the other channels. If you want one side of the story presented you go to MSNBC or CNN. If you want all sides of the story presented, you go to Fox. Does that mean that Fox won't ever get it wrong or make a mistake? Nope. They all do. But I'm pretty sure an impartial analysis would show that Fox has a better track record on accuracy than proably most.

Fox News Channel has been the most watched cable news network for 13 straight years. Fox News was the only cable news network to grow in primetime ratings in 2014 while MSNBC was down 20% and CNN down 8% in overall primetime viewership. While higher ratings translate into better advertising revenues for the cable networks, Fox News' strength is also aiding its subscription growth. Fox News is an immensely popular channel with a loyal audience, which is unlikely to shift to other news networks. Moreover, it is the most trusted news network, according to new polling done by Quinnipiac University. On that note, we discuss below the trends in Fox News' subscription revenues and our estimates and forecast for the coming years.
Read more: Ratings Growth And Cable News Dominance Will Boost Fox News Subscription Revenues - NASDAQ.com

Independent surveys have consistently shown that Fox does NOT get it right most of the time. They are factually correct only 16% of the time.

People who watch Fox aren't interested in the facts. They are interested in hearing the right wing spin on things. They're still seeing commies under every bed.

They refuse to believe that the world has changed. Everything will be fine if they just get rid of the Democrats.

You can mentally masturbate yourselves in planning how to get fox off the air.
^The Fox News Junkie typical Response.

They don't know politics at all. But they will insult you 100% of the time because they think if you can insult someone, you win a debate.

Two days in a row the comment was made that Walter Scott was shot in the back 8 times on Morning Joe. Fox News said there were 8 shots fired and he was shot in the back 4 times and grazed on his ear once.

Which one is factual and which one is meant to stir up hatred? You decide!
fox has been going nonstop on it since the clip was released ...what's your point?

The point was an effort to convince the reader that Fox was correct and MSNBC was not, or that Fox is honest,and MSNBC is not. Critical thinkers, hey anyone with a brain would ask about the timing of the statements, did MSNBC get earlier statements from a source, and Fox alater statement, maybe from the ME? In other words, the point made was both dull and flaccid without further elucidation.

The point is this was discussed and the statement made yesterday morning and again this morning. Perhaps liberals don't get the word as soon as Fox News does or they don't want to know the facts. Critical thinkers would know better.

I was going to have some pork ribs for lunch, but then I found out Barack the Muslim likes pork ribs. Damn! I sure am going to miss pork ribs, but I least I am not a Muslim.

rvcxtd.jpg

Last edited:

After claiming there was one a bazillion times over a period of years, did Fox News ever finally admit their Benghazi "stand down order" was complete bullshit?

After claiming there was one a bazillion times over a period of years, did Fox News ever finally admit their Benghazi "stand down order" was complete bullshit?

When did the fast reaction force leave Italy to rescue those in Benghazi? They didn't, and someone gave the order to stand down.

Well, freedom is just another word,

illiterate liberal is asked to present what he has against freedom so he quotes a pop song by a junkie from 50 years ago!!

Stupid posts which yours mostly are don't deserve any detailed response. Dumb as you are, you can't even consider my comment, "freedom is just another word". If you have any ability to think, I'll give you a hint though I have no doubt you're too limited to understand.

A. Indiana

Q. What is _______________

Independent surveys have consistently shown that Fox does NOT get it right most of the time. They are factually correct only 16% of the time.

People who watch Fox aren't interested in the facts. They are interested in hearing the right wing spin on things. They're still seeing commies under every bed.

They refuse to believe that the world has changed. Everything will be fine if they just get rid of the Democrats.

Really? Just 16% of the time? And they want to commit genocide on Democrats to fix the world? Does it embarrass you at all to post something that ridiculous?

In my experience, only liberals watch Fox News.

I've known many, MANY, Right Wingers that know Fox News is idiotic and entertainment. You had better believe there are MANY, that actually believe in Fox News. You had better wake up. There are massive amounts of Americans that think Fox News is actually substantial. Even after fact checkers came in and noted they only tell the truth something like 16% of the time.

It takes an active listener to hear all the partisan remarks scripted by the Fox Entertainment Management to understand the half-truths, innuendos and rumors supported by the comment, "some people are saying", and to understand the "some people" are the previous Fox talking head.

Most of those who believe what they hear haven't been brainwashed, their brain only needed a light rinse, daily administered by Hannity, aka Charley McCarthy, reading what he has been given to say.

If Fox bothers you by telling the truth, don't watch them. The truth scares the shit out of you libs doesn't it?

Yep, i sure is. scars me lots that u vot. hahahhahhahha

can you translate that to english?

Once again you have it all wrong. There was a stand down order given to stop any rescue mission from Italy or any US ship in the med. Not giving a go-ahead is that same as saying stand down.

In my experience, only liberals watch Fox News.

I've known many, MANY, Right Wingers that know Fox News is idiotic and entertainment. You had better believe there are MANY, that actually believe in Fox News. You had better wake up. There are massive amounts of Americans that think Fox News is actually substantial. Even after fact checkers came in and noted they only tell the truth something like 16% of the time.

It takes an active listener to hear all the partisan remarks scripted by the Fox Entertainment Management to understand the half-truths, innuendos and rumors supported by the comment, "some people are saying", and to understand the "some people" are the previous Fox talking head.

Most of those who believe what they hear haven't been brainwashed, their brain only needed a light rinse, daily administered by Hannity, aka Charley McCarthy, reading what he has been given to say.

If Fox bothers you by telling the truth, don't watch them. The truth scares the shit out of you libs doesn't it?

Yep, i sure is. scars me lots that u vot. hahahhahhahha

can you translate that to english?

Why, that's the idiom you might understand.

Once again you have it all wrong. There was a stand down order given to stop any rescue mission from Italy or any US ship in the med. Not giving a go-ahead is that same as saying stand down.

Evidence in context seems to be missing in your post, please provide it, but don't expect anyone to believe the truth is reported by The Daily Caller or the Washington Examiner.

Forum List

Back