The Death of the Republican Party

Do you favor a single party (democrats) controlling all of government?

• Yes

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters
I can see it now...What One Party Controlling All Three Branches of Government, it will be a nightmare.

For each and every ConJob/NeoNut/RePug/TeaTerrorist will cringe at the very thought of the Democratic Party having such control they should remember 2001-2007.

RePubs controlled all Three Branches of Government.

Two Illegal, Immoral and Unconstitutional Wars.

Economic Disaster.

Over Three Trillion Dollars in National Debt.

That is what the RePugs did when they controlled the ALL THREE BRANCHES.

The Democrats have already rung up $7 trillion in 5 years, so the days when Republicans were in control seem like the good ol days.

It's obvious that the Republican Party will cease to have any relevance soon. Demographics are changing.

So, we'll get one party rule soon. Is that a good thing?

You would be amazed how many times I have heard this claim about both parties over the years and guess what both are still here hell before Obama hit the scene in 2008 people were saying the same thing about the Democratic party.

If demographics are changing leading to total democrat control, we will become Venezuela. Or maybe Cuba with a permanent political insurgency.

It's obvious that the Republican Party will cease to have any relevance soon. Demographics are changing.

So, we'll get one party rule soon. Is that a good thing?

Soon?

It has been rule by one party for a very, very long time. There are two faces on the same coin, two factions quibbling in public over the differences at the margins.

I can see it now...What One Party Controlling All Three Branches of Government, it will be a nightmare.

For each and every ConJob/NeoNut/RePug/TeaTerrorist will cringe at the very thought of the Democratic Party having such control they should remember 2001-2007.

RePubs controlled all Three Branches of Government.

Two Illegal, Immoral and Unconstitutional Wars.

Economic Disaster.

Over Three Trillion Dollars in National Debt.

That is what the RePugs did when they controlled the ALL THREE BRANCHES.

wow, when you lie you go all the fuck out.

Mad props hommie, mad props

The GOP is not dead. They have just refocused on the state and lcal levels

They can no longer win at a national level

The GOP's control of state and local areas will continue to dimish as America grows more younger, darker, more forward looking, and technocratic.

Due to current demographics, the range of seats in the Senate is 40-52 for Republicans and 48-60 for Democrats

In the Electoral College, Republicans can win 180-280 votes while Democrats can win 260-360 votes (270 to win)

So Republicans can still take the White House or the Senate, but it is increasingly unlikely

The Republican party is America's third major conservative party. The period after the death of the first conservative party is known in history as the Era of Good Feelings.
The problem I see with conservatives is they are rigid in their belief systems, they are unwilling to accept a wider range of values and that unwillingness is usually listed political ideology books as a part of conservatism. Perhaps conservatives instead of trying to bend their unbendable belief system just continue the practice of creating a new political party as theirs dies? A new party could retain all the old beliefs but package them in a new box, it might work?

The Republican party is America's third major conservative party. The period after the death of the first conservative party is known in history as the Era of Good Feelings.
The problem I see with conservatives is they are rigid in their belief systems, they are unwilling to accept a wider range of values and that unwillingness is usually listed political ideology books as a part of conservatism. Perhaps conservatives instead of trying to bend their unbendable belief system just continue the practice of creating a new political party as theirs dies? A new party could retain all the old beliefs but package them in a new box, it might work?

true. They are currently in the midst of another internal civil war between the corporatist puppets & the SOCONS.

It's early and I don't usually do this but my guess as the front runners for the Republican Presidential nomination in 2016 will be Marco Rubio and Chris Christie both of whom could appeal to women and Hispanic voters and bring the GOP back in 2016 just as Obama did the Democrats in 2008.

As long as republicans can win on a local level, they can sabotage and obstruct on a national level.

As long as republicans can win on a local level, they can sabotage and obstruct on a national level.

that makes me feel all warm inside. :rolleyes:

They won't be able to continue their local wins as they aren't reproducing pissed-off, white guys at a fast enough rate. A Republican Senator recognized that mathmatical truth.

Forum List

Back