Trump Picks Kavanaugh

This is exactly why the right and especially Christians came out and voted. All were willing to hold their nose for four to eight years to make sure that the United States remains the United States.

Hillary would have nominated far left jag offs who would have destroyed this country.

What's going to be really crazy is when RBG retires or dies and Trump gets a third Justice Nominee

That may be the case, but I'm hoping Ginsburg is the next to go. There is no way she will make it past 2024.

Time Until Trump Leaves Office - Countdown

He will be sworn in 5 minutes later...

Will RBG be there?

....Weekend 's at Gingsburg ....that'd be the only way :dunno:

biEOyyc.jpg

I’m not going to pretend to know anything about the guy

strong on immigration, but weak on Obamacare

What about abortion?

dont know.

good intellect. good intellect. dont know his views on abortion!
It doesn't really matter what his views on Roe are. There would have to be four other Justices to go along with overturning it and there are not that many Justices that are Pro Life to the point of overturning that ruling.

He just needs to be pro 2nd Amendment and a strict constructionist. The Constitution is fine just as it is.

He is pro 2dA. He is not a strict constructionist as the term is understood. He will uphold the 2dA, ACA, RvW, SSMedicareMedicaid, presidential immunity from subpoena in office, etc.

What about abortion?

dont know.

It doesn't really matter what his views on Roe are. There would have to be four other Justices to go along with overturning it and there are not that many Justices that are Pro Life to the point of overturning that ruling.

He just needs to be pro 2nd Amendment and a strict constructionist. The Constitution is fine just as it is.
A strict constructionist would do the correct thing and leave abortion up to the individual states.

He is pro 2dA. He is not a strict constructionist as the term is understood. He will uphold the 2dA, ACA, RvW, SSMedicareMedicaid, presidential immunity from subpoena in office, etc.

He IS a strict constitutionalist

“I revere the Constitution.” —Kavanaugh

EDIT to add

Of course if he flips later like Judge Roberts did.....

well then.............that's another story

hope he WILL NOT

CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) | Twitter

Makes sense. He doesn't think a sitting President can be indicted, and can pardon himself.

So Trump thinks about Trump. No surprise there.

He s a globalist
Yep. Picked the worst fucking one of the 4 left. Fucking pathetic. Mark my words he is another Kennedy. Weak on Obamacare,Weak on immigration.

I'm glad dotard is real big on the rule of law. No doubt he will understand his sentence in the southern district of New York when the day comes. It will come as a shock though when he finds out the Supreme Court won't be able overturn his stat
Excellent choice- a strong willed constitutionalist. Judge Kavanaugh will honor and uphold the Constitution rather than trying to rewrite it.

Equal justice under the law!!!!

No wonder the Proggies are giving themselves atomic wedgies!

Yep. And Trump will get equal treatment at his trial in the southern district of New York, when he arrested on state charges.

It will come as a shock to him when he realizes the Supreme Court won't be able to pardon him.

Supreme Court doesn't pardon anyone. However, the President can pardon ANYONE

. . . for federal crimes only, hunarcy. Whether he can pardon himself remains undecided.

What about abortion?

dont know.

A strict constructionist would do the correct thing and leave abortion up to the individual states.
Yes, but as I said, there are not enough Supremes to back that move. Now, if Ginsburg kicks it, you'll see a real fight against her seat being given to a Constructionist.

The left can't win in the arena of ideas. They need activist judges and so far, this pick won't swing the court far enough to panic them. Oh sure, a few stokes were had tonight, but I'll guarantee you they're already strategizing for the next seat.

Twitter is going nuts that Kavanaugh says a sitting president CAN NOT be indicted OR subpoenaed....NOW I am starting to see why Trump picked him LMAO...its hilarious on twitter
WryCatcher pointed that out... which makes it priceless, lol!

Kavanaugh makes sense that a President's position is so important that it cannot allowed to be impeded by subpoenas and indictments. He of course does believe a President can be impeached, and is certainly subject to federal and or state charges later after his term in office.

Forum List

Back