Trump Seeks To Calm Markets

Wow, did you ever read that wrong. The Saudis are happy with a price cut for a while. They have the means to survive it. Russia not so much and our companies squeezing oil out of shale not so much. If the price goes low enough oil produced from shale is being sold at less than it cost to produce it.
Saudis Plan Big Oil Output Hike, Beginning All-Out Price War

Yep...add to that this...

Shale In Crisis As Oil Prices Collapse | OilPrice.com

For U.S. shale, a disaster lies ahead. The industry has been largely unprofitable to date, but had received several rounds of huge injections of capital in the last decade, most recently following the 2016 downturn. But by last year, investors had begun to sour on unprofitable shale drilling.
Good. I hate fracking.

You hate the thousands of jobs fracking is responsible for? You hate paying lower natural gas, propane and gasoline prices? You hate us reducing our carbon footprint?
I guess some people just don't like gas fumes coming out of their faucets, their water supplies contaminated with a hundred different toxic chemicals or their natural environment despoiled by fracking companies. Go figure..huh?

Most of that is myth, but people allow fracking on their land all the time with no problems.

For U.S. shale, a disaster lies ahead. The industry has been largely unprofitable to date, but had received several rounds of huge injections of capital in the last decade, most recently following the 2016 downturn. But by last year, investors had begun to sour on unprofitable shale drilling.
Good. I hate fracking.

You hate the thousands of jobs fracking is responsible for? You hate paying lower natural gas, propane and gasoline prices? You hate us reducing our carbon footprint?
I guess some people just don't like gas fumes coming out of their faucets, their water supplies contaminated with a hundred different toxic chemicals or their natural environment despoiled by fracking companies. Go figure..huh?

Most of that is myth, but people allow fracking on their land all the time with no problems.
If you wish to allow it on yours and you will only go straight down, no directional bullshit, I don't mind.

How will a tax break do anything if people are staying home to stay out of crowds,,,,,,

Going to the grocery store to buy food is not the same as standing inches away from people in static, dense crowds.

Especially like crowds at Trump rallies where they are all shouting at the top of their lungs, "Heil HIT-ler!!!". It's when they say the "HIT" part that's bad....the coronavirus vermin spills from their filthy, cigarette-blackened lungs through their toothless gums to the rednecks standing in front of them.

Good. I hate fracking.

Is there anything mythical about the hundreds of earthquakes Oklahoma has experienced from the fracking waste-water being injected back into the ground?

Oklahoma Toughens Oil Fracking Rules After Shale Earthquakes

Good. I hate fracking.

If you wish to allow it on yours and you will only go straight down, no directional bullshit, I don't mind.

Glad you don't, however, I'm not sitting on such valuable land. I wish I were. I would be very wealthy today.

Fracking-Contaminated Groundwater: The Myth that Failed | RealClearEnergy

Good. I hate fracking.

Glad you don't, however, I'm not sitting on such valuable land. I wish I were. I would be very wealthy today.

I am not sure a site funded by the people doing the fracking is the best place to get unbiased information about fracking...just saying

I am not sure a site funded by the people doing the fracking is the best place to get unbiased information about fracking...just saying

They have about a dozen hyperlinks or so in that article, showing you where they got their information from.

They have about a dozen hyperlinks or so in that article, showing you where they got their information from.
And why they would choose them, thanks. And there's no such thing as climate change per the fossil fuels industry. And there's no harm in smoking cigarettes per the tobacco industry. And we were all born last week.

And why they would choose them, thanks. And there's no such thing as climate change per the fossil fuels industry. And there's no harm in smoking cigarettes per the tobacco industry. And we were all born last week.

The EPA monitors things like fracking. If they had any evidence (especially under Obama) where fracking was causing environmental damage, they would have stopped it. However the EPA investigated these complaints and found them to be pretty much bogus.

Are all fracking chemicals used released the public Ray? When a fracking company employee so much as farts it is the business of any person within 10 miles to be informed as such. Fracking companies need to be very very nervous to be absolutely perfect....there is no room for error. It CAN easily get into the groundwater.

The last thing we need is "help" from the government. Let the market be the market.

The market today reflected the oil war between Russia and Saudi Arabia. The market decline would have happened if we solved the coronavirus last week.

Agreed about Oil.

But we still do not need government to "do" anything, except get out of the way.

This mass hysteria is a major profit opportunity for people that have the risk appetite.

The last thing we need is "help" from the government. Let the market be the market.

The market today reflected the oil war between Russia and Saudi Arabia. The market decline would have happened if we solved the coronavirus last week.

Agreed about Oil.

But we still do not need government to "do" anything, except get out of the way.

This mass hysteria is a major profit opportunity for people that have the risk appetite.

It is a major profit opportunity for people that have the money to take advantage of it....which is about 10% of the country.

Agreed about Oil.

I wish I had the money (outside of my IRA) to have invested in the market. I would have put a ton of it in yesterday.

Agreed about Oil.

Get out of the way

Because Big Oil always takes such good care of us

Agreed about Oil.

Get out of the way

Because Big Oil always takes such good care of us

Do you think the US government can control the worldwide price of oil and its production? :cuckoo:

Agreed about Oil.

It is a major profit opportunity for people that have the money to take advantage of it....which is about 10% of the country.
So what? Not my problem bub.

Agreed about Oil.

I wish I had the money (outside of my IRA) to have invested in the market. I would have put a ton of it in yesterday.

I am a long term investor. I set an asset allocation that allows me to sleep well at night and I don't worry too much about short term market gyrations. I don't do a lot of trading either- I have better things to do.

But I do adjust my asset allocation when I see opportunity. Right now I am starting to buy more equities in small tranches. I like VDE for the energy sector. It's a low cost diversified ETF managed by Vanguard. I also am buying more of VDIGX.
:thup:

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, media-averting Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

Trump floats payroll tax cut, other financial relief amid coronavirus outbreak
Well well well, g5000, you are living proof that a broken clock can be right to the second twice a day, but unfortunately, your thread is among the majority of the clock being wrong the other 86,398 seconds every day. Poor baby.

After the 11th worst day in the history of the stock market, Trump was forced to take the stage yet again to attempt to calm the markets.

The plan has several elements. First, a payroll tax cut. Second, some kind of unspecified relief for businesses. And finally, some kind of relief for people who can't take time off from work if they come down with the bug because they live from paycheck to paycheck. Absolutely no details were given for what that third action item will be.

Of course, all of these plans are very big, huge, wonderful, terrific, and the best anyone has ever seen...

So, if you have to stay home because you *cough* might have *cough* the coronavirus *achoo!*, excuse me, and will get paid for it, that is not going to be *cough hack cough* wide open to fraud and abuse or anything...

Trump floats payroll tax cut, other financial relief amid coronavirus outbreak
It's irrelevant what Trump does, or wants to do, or doesn't do. The leftists will find fault with it.
In 2010, Obama cut payroll taxes by 2 percent to help recover from the recession. So the Left can't attack Trump for doing the same.

I wonder how the Right will twist their minds into accepting a government bailout of the corporate world...

It's the third plan which has me the most curious. How can you support people who have to stay home without being wide open to waste, fraud, and abuse?

There would have to be some kind of required proof. A positive coronavirus test result from your doctor or something.

So Trump better get those tests out there STAT.
The problem I see, is the Republicans already did a huge tax cut package early in Trump’s term, and that loss in revenue has added to the looming deficit. Which also negatively affects the market...so adding yet another tax cut might be too much.
Actually, the tax cuts stimulated more earnings rather than what you are postulating, according to my sources.

But if doom and gloom appeal to you, continue on into your footshoot mindset, while in this nation, recovery is already going on due to the tax cuts that made the Demmies cringe, one and all, realizing that Trump may have had the perfect formula for making America great again. I hope that some of you had the good sense to load your guns with blanks. :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back