Trump's economy is booming—repealing tariffs will boost it even more

Do you think it helped? Forced insurance purchasing.
Great, so then you should be able to show the decline worsened after ACA went into effect...

Lowest in 50 years. That is a fact. Look it up.

1533845498168.png

Check out the dip after 2014....WOW!!!! LOL

They had been coming down for 10 year by 2014. Why do you ignore this fact and put all the blame on one man?

It was declining but it was lowest under his presidency in 50 YEARS! His sycophants want to give him all the credit but zero of the blame. Doesn't work that way. Bush was awful and BHO was actually worse. Amazing.

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

No, Obama was not worse than Bush II, but both sucked and are the worst two ever. Trump is only slightly better

Yet you and others claim under Obama our economy recovered. Everything bad was Bush and Trump and everything good under Trump was due to Obama?

Great, so then you should be able to show the decline worsened after ACA went into effect...

1533845498168.png

That chart should tell you something.

It should, but it clearly doesn't.

Yes, once Trump took over, home ownership began to increase. LOL.

It started to increase before Trump took over

2016? So Obama is responsible for everything positive since 2008? OK
we have had upward trends in some sectors for over ten years.

1533845498168.png

They had been coming down for 10 year by 2014. Why do you ignore this fact and put all the blame on one man?

It was declining but it was lowest under his presidency in 50 YEARS! His sycophants want to give him all the credit but zero of the blame. Doesn't work that way. Bush was awful and BHO was actually worse. Amazing.

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

No, Obama was not worse than Bush II, but both sucked and are the worst two ever. Trump is only slightly better

Yet you and others claim under Obama our economy recovered. Everything bad was Bush and Trump and everything good under Trump was due to Obama?
Why do you believe that administration did not have to enact any fiscal policies to deal with a recession inherited from the republicans?

Home ownership rates have been going down since 2004.

Why is a higher home ownership rate a good thing?

Because it helps the economy as people buy stuff at Home Depot, hire contractors for home improvement jobs, hire plumbers to fix leaky faucets, hire lawn maintenance people, etc. Consumer spending is what really boosts the economy more than any other factor. As home owner you know that shit always needs to get done.

All those things happen when someone rents a house. Only difference is who is paying.

Home ownership slowed the recovery from the 2008 recession as people could not move to where the jobs were due to not being able to sell their homes.

Today’s society is more mobile, the days of working for one company in the same town are over.

Except under Trump it is increasing. If I rent I doubt I'll hire a lawn guy or buy a new toilet or paint or hire a contractor to expand.

1533845498168.png

One half of one percentage point growth under Trump, and the trend up started before Trump.

And the rates are declining so far in 2019.

When you rent out a house you have to pay to have it fixed up after each renter, adding money to the economy. The renter has to keep the grass mowed and is just as likely to pay for it as the owner

When I rented I paid for Nada sans the rent

And the owner of the house paid the rest...thus money is still being spent

1533845498168.png

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

Yes, the economy recovered while Obama was president. You will never once find me giving him credit for it. You will also not find me giving credit to Trump.

You are no different than the people you are railing against, you give Obama nothing but blame and give Trump credit for things that happened years before he took office.

Perhaps you can tell us what Obama did to make that happen.

I can't wait.

ACA...
LOLOLOL

Thanks for the laughs, dumbfuck.
thumbsup.gif

So if I own a small business and your force me to provide coverage for employees that before I did not have to and my profits are lower, you think I am going to buy a house?

So if you owned a small business you were never required to provide coverage for your employees so your argument doesn't hold water.

Under ACA if you had more than 50 employees you were.

You said small business, under 50 is considered small business. So say what you mean goddamn it.

1533845498168.png

Where have I ever once given Obama credit if anything? Quit projecting

Because it helps the economy as people buy stuff at Home Depot, hire contractors for home improvement jobs, hire plumbers to fix leaky faucets, hire lawn maintenance people, etc. Consumer spending is what really boosts the economy more than any other factor. As home owner you know that shit always needs to get done.

All those things happen when someone rents a house. Only difference is who is paying.

Home ownership slowed the recovery from the 2008 recession as people could not move to where the jobs were due to not being able to sell their homes.

Today’s society is more mobile, the days of working for one company in the same town are over.

Except under Trump it is increasing. If I rent I doubt I'll hire a lawn guy or buy a new toilet or paint or hire a contractor to expand.

1533845498168.png

One half of one percentage point growth under Trump, and the trend up started before Trump.

When you rent out a house you have to pay to have it fixed up after each renter, adding money to the economy. The renter has to keep the grass mowed and is just as likely to pay for it as the owner

Not the same. You know that.

1533845498168.png

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

Yes, the economy recovered while Obama was president. You will never once find me giving him credit for it. You will also not find me giving credit to Trump.

You are no different than the people you are railing against, you give Obama nothing but blame and give Trump credit for things that happened years before he took office.

I'll ask you. What policies did Obama implement to help the recovery?

LOLOLOL

Thanks for the laughs, dumbfuck.
thumbsup.gif

So if I own a small business and your force me to provide coverage for employees that before I did not have to and my profits are lower, you think I am going to buy a house?

So if you owned a small business you were never required to provide coverage for your employees so your argument doesn't hold water.

Under ACA if you had more than 50 employees you were.

You said small business, under 50 is considered small business. So say what you mean goddamn it.

50 employees is not all that many. Could still be a relatively small business. At Bank of America, any company that has revenues below $50mil is considered a small business.

1533845498168.png

Well you cannot have it both ways. I just want a simple answer that no one can give. What policies in his seven years (he was a lame duck in year 8) helped the economy. Thank you.

1533845498168.png

No I do not. I currently rent the home I live in. The landlord has since I moved in spent money on a new roof, a leaking water pipe coming off the main, fixing the AC and some plumbing work. Why is it different that he did it and not me?

Well you cannot have it both ways. I just want a simple answer that no one can give. What policies in his seven years (he was a lame duck in year 8) helped the economy. Thank you.

I do not have it both ways, you do. Obama gets all blame and Trump gets all credit in your world. That is having it both ways. I give neither credit.

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

None that I know of

08/04/19 07:00 AM EDT

You have probably heard the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
That saying could be applied to our economy right now. In this regard, it seems that President Trump can do almost no wrong, with the Dow and S&P 500 hitting all-time highs in July, job growth continuing to exceed expectations, and unemployment at a 50-year low.
The catalyst for this booming economy can be found in the president’s regulation slashing early in his presidency and his signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which put more money back in the hands of American companies and families

ME: Just a reminder of why we voted for Trump. Promises Made, Promises Kept!
A booming economy. And the wall is starting to go up. Unemployment is at a 50 year low. God Bless Donald J Trump!
Trump's policies have hit a snafu and the result today so far is the Dow is off by close to 600 points.

1533845498168.png

No I do not. I currently rent the home I live in. The landlord has since I moved in spent money on a new roof, a leaking water pipe coming off the main, fixing the AC and some plumbing work. Why is it different that he did it and not me?

Because he will do the bear min. You would likely spend more to make it nicer.

I do not have it both ways, you do. Obama gets all blame and Trump gets all credit in your world. That is having it both ways. I give neither credit.

I can name specific Trump policies and overall corporate confidence is higher under him as he is seen as a business friendly President. I saw Zero policies under BHO other than what the Fed did for him.

FoodStamp_Chart.jpg

None that I know of

Thank you for your honesty. You made my point.

Because he will do the bear min. You would likely spend more to make it nicer.

You are trying so hard and failing so badly. He has to be able to rent it again in a year when we move.

08/04/19 07:00 AM EDT

You have probably heard the saying “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
That saying could be applied to our economy right now. In this regard, it seems that President Trump can do almost no wrong, with the Dow and S&P 500 hitting all-time highs in July, job growth continuing to exceed expectations, and unemployment at a 50-year low.
The catalyst for this booming economy can be found in the president’s regulation slashing early in his presidency and his signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which put more money back in the hands of American companies and families

ME: Just a reminder of why we voted for Trump. Promises Made, Promises Kept!
A booming economy. And the wall is starting to go up. Unemployment is at a 50 year low. God Bless Donald J Trump!
Trump's policies have hit a snafu and the result today so far is the Dow is off by close to 600 points.

Trade war. Long term gain for short term pain or it costs him the Presidency. Quite the gamble.

Forum List

Back