TSA fails again.

This guy had the gun with him and they knew it.

It was in his carry on and the gun wasn't loaded. He used his military ID. This happens in many airport. Should be changed

He waited till they landed. Took his carry on with him to the rest room. Loaded the gun and then began shooting.

It was in his carry on and the gun wasn't loaded. He used his military ID. This happens in many airport. Should be changed

He waited till they landed. Took his carry on with him to the rest room. Loaded the gun and then began shooting.
It was checked luggage. Guns are legal to be carried unloaded in checked luggage. That's why this took place at baggage claim rather than inside the terminal or on the aircraft.

It was checked luggage. Guns are legal to be carried unloaded in checked luggage. That's why this took place at baggage claim rather than inside the terminal or on the aircraft.

Thanks.

I knew it was one or the other. His attack should put a stop to guns in luggage at airports. At least I hope it does.

Thanks.

I knew it was one or the other. His attack should put a stop to guns in luggage at airports. At least I hope it does.
You're welcome, but disagreed about banning guns in luggage.

The fact remains that about 800,000,000 passengers are carried each year inside the USA. Add the total of how many have been carried since 9/11 and panic because one nutjob decided to shoot up a baggage claim? If Santiago wasn't allowed to check it with his luggage, what's to stop him from simply walking in and shooting up everyone at the ticket counter in Anchorage?

2015 Annual and December U.S. Airline Traffic Data | Bureau of Transportation Statistics
2015 annual U.S. airline numbers:

Systemwide: The annual 2015 load factor (83.8) was the highest for any year, up from the previous all-time high set in 2014 (83.4) (Table 13). The number of systemwide passengers (798.4 million) exceeded the previous high of 769.6 million in 2007 (Table 19). The number of RPMs (902.4 billion) exceeded the previous high of 862.5 billion in 2014 (Table 15). The number of ASMs (1.07 trillion) exceeded the previous high of 1.04 trillion in 2007 (Table 17).

Domestic: 2015 load factor (85.0) was the highest for any year, up from the previous all-time high set in 2014 (84.5). The number of domestic passengers (696.2 million) exceeded the previous high of 679.2 million in 2007. The number of RPMs (630.8 billion) exceeded the previous high of 595.3 billion in 2014. The number of ASMs (742.1 billion) exceeded the previous high of 741.2 billion in 2007.

International: 2015 load factor (81.0) was up from 2014 (80.8) and down from annual high reached in 2013 (82.9). The number of international passengers (102.2 million) exceeded the previous high of 99.9 million in 2014. The number of RPMs (271.6 billion) exceeded the previous high of 267.2 billion in 2014. The number of ASMs (335.1 billion) exceeded the previous high of 329.9 billion in 2014.

Thanks.

You're welcome, but disagreed about banning guns in luggage.

The fact remains that about 800,000,000 passengers are carried each year inside the USA. Add the total of how many have been carried since 9/11 and panic because one nutjob decided to shoot up a baggage claim? If Santiago wasn't allowed to check it with his luggage, what's to stop him from simply walking in and shooting up everyone at the ticket counter in Anchorage?

2015 Annual and December U.S. Airline Traffic Data | Bureau of Transportation Statistics
2015 annual U.S. airline numbers:

Systemwide: The annual 2015 load factor (83.8) was the highest for any year, up from the previous all-time high set in 2014 (83.4) (Table 13). The number of systemwide passengers (798.4 million) exceeded the previous high of 769.6 million in 2007 (Table 19). The number of RPMs (902.4 billion) exceeded the previous high of 862.5 billion in 2014 (Table 15). The number of ASMs (1.07 trillion) exceeded the previous high of 1.04 trillion in 2007 (Table 17).

Domestic: 2015 load factor (85.0) was the highest for any year, up from the previous all-time high set in 2014 (84.5). The number of domestic passengers (696.2 million) exceeded the previous high of 679.2 million in 2007. The number of RPMs (630.8 billion) exceeded the previous high of 595.3 billion in 2014. The number of ASMs (742.1 billion) exceeded the previous high of 741.2 billion in 2007.

International: 2015 load factor (81.0) was up from 2014 (80.8) and down from annual high reached in 2013 (82.9). The number of international passengers (102.2 million) exceeded the previous high of 99.9 million in 2014. The number of RPMs (271.6 billion) exceeded the previous high of 267.2 billion in 2014. The number of ASMs (335.1 billion) exceeded the previous high of 329.9 billion in 2014.

Good points and I will have to agree.

TSA can always find an oversized bottle of shampoo or perfume, but they can't find a gun. Lol.

They also find ways to steal your iPad and or laptop.

TSA can always find an oversized bottle of shampoo or perfume, but they can't find a gun. Lol.

The link quoted twice in your post shows that the TSA does a fairly decent job.

95% failure rate. I can see why you think a failure rate like that is okay now that you are claiming to be a teacher. No wonder American collage grads are so stupid.

They may fail testing by their own experts, but do you think YOU can get a loaded gun on a plane? If what you say is true, you have a 19 out of 20 chance! Prove me wrong! Go for it!
Agreed. If it was true, how come the fucking terrorists aren't taking advantage of it and shooting up a few airliners?

The proof isn't in self-testing, outside testing or a bunch of naysayers, the proof is in the results. How many times has a person fired a gun on an airliner in the past 16 years?

Dumb luck.

Agreed. If it was true, how come the fucking terrorists aren't taking advantage of it and shooting up a few airliners?

The proof isn't in self-testing, outside testing or a bunch of naysayers, the proof is in the results. How many times has a person fired a gun on an airliner in the past 16 years?
Dumb luck.
You are free to believe that, but an intelligent person knows that 800,000,000 airline passengers traveling within the US each year without a gun being fired on an airliner isn't "dumb luck".

95% failure rate. I can see why you think a failure rate like that is okay now that you are claiming to be a teacher. No wonder American collage grads are so stupid.

They may fail testing by their own experts, but do you think YOU can get a loaded gun on a plane? If what you say is true, you have a 19 out of 20 chance! Prove me wrong! Go for it!
I could get a knife on easily. As proven by, off the top of my head, Adam Savage, who walked right through "security" with a pair of foot-long razors in his carry-on bag!

Of course you can get an knife on, porcelain knives have no metal.
small stiletto can be slipped in with pens and not be seen. plastic box cutter can also be slipped in among pens or even the back of a computer case.

You can kill with paper or a paperclip and no one is going to stop you from carry those onto a plane.

Even a wire or string can be used

Toxic chemical even in small amounts can incapacitate passengers on a plane making it hard for them to breath or partially blind them.

With planning you can put different parts onto a plane with maintenance at stopovers that can be retrieved and assembled by a passenger who knows where to find them.

We can make wooden and even plastic guns from zip guns to fully functioning

It is smart to keep obvious weapons off the planes but it is just a bandaid to a much greater problem of hate or desperation

Methods of death will just keep getting more complex and harder to prevent.

TSA is a necessary deterrent but it will never be foolproof. Every day people will always have be aware and be willing to say something or in some case act if there is danger to others.

We have to protect ourselves if we see things that seem out of place or odd. We cannot walk around with blinders on and expect others to see everything for us.

Even a flashlight or Iphone can be use to stun or distract a would be criminal, just enough to take action against them.

I could get a knife on easily. As proven by, off the top of my head, Adam Savage, who walked right through "security" with a pair of foot-long razors in his carry-on bag!

small stiletto can be slipped in with pens and not be seen. plastic box cutter can also be slipped in among pens or even the back of a computer case.

You can kill with paper or a paperclip and no one is going to stop you from carry those onto a plane.

Toxic chemical even in small amounts can incapacitate passengers on a plane making it hard for them to breath or partially blind them.

With planning you can put different parts onto a plane with maintenance at stopovers that can be retrieved and assembled by a passenger who knows where to find them.

It is smart to keep obvious weapons off the planes but it is just a bandaid to a much greater problem of hate or desperation

TSA is a necessary deterrent but it will never be foolproof. Every day people will always have be aware and be willing to say something or in some case act if there is danger to others.

We have to protect ourselves if we see things that seem out of place or odd. We cannot walk around with blinders on and expect others to see everything for us.

Even a flashlight or Iphone can be use to stun or distract a would be criminal, just enough to take action against them.

Not if they body scan. I have had TSA spot big clumps of lint. Going back to their 95% fail rate, dig around in those some and you will find that these failures were in detecting explosive residue meant to simulate a passenger getting on with explosive material. TSA has not been in the news for anything other then theft rings and feeling up old ladies in iron lungs.

Dumb luck.
You are free to believe that, but an intelligent person knows that 800,000,000 airline passengers traveling within the US each year without a gun being fired on an airliner isn't "dumb luck".

Not really. Look into what the failures were and you will be left with nothing but blind dumb luck.

His gun was in his checked baggage. You cannot carry an unloaded handgun on a commercial aircraft. Read some of the news reports and stop being ignorant.

Thanks.

Why? I can walk into my local airport baggage claim today with a loaded gun on my hip and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Your post speaks volumes about how little you know about TSA's screening capabilities.

And for the record, ANC International does indeed body scan - my California refugee roommate is always bitching about people going through those things. He tells them "empty your pockets" - they leave a bunch of shit in their pockets cause it's not metal - scanner goes off, they get a pat down - and they bitch at him about it. He's like, I would just like to be able to tell them "Did I say 'just' metal? No. I said fucking everything dumb ass. Here's your prize..."

His gun was in his checked baggage. You cannot carry an unloaded handgun on a commercial aircraft. Read some of the news reports and stop being ignorant.

Check out post #103 dumbass.

Last edited:

Your post speaks volumes about how little you know about TSA's screening capabilities.[/QUOTE

I know, TSA's 95% fail rate says all one needs to know about their screening abilities. Useless organization. Just a bunch of 300 pound hood rats watching TV and molesting old woman and kids all day.

Check out post #103 dumbass.

Yes, post #103 by you is still dead wrong. He did not carry the gun on the plane with him. My previous statement still stands.

Your post speaks volumes about how little you know about TSA's screening capabilities.[/QUOTE

I know, TSA's 95% fail rate says all one needs to know about their screening abilities. Useless organization. Just a bunch of 300 pound hood rats watching TV and molesting old woman and kids all day.

What does it say about you that you cannot even post correctly?

You know nothing. You are a keyboard commando that probably couldn't get past the application process for TSA because of mental issues.

You know nothing. You are a keyboard commando that probably couldn't get past the application process for TSA because of mental issues.

Blah, blah, blah. Spelling bad and bad posts. The application process is extremely passable. That's why you get all the hood rats working there. Second, 95% fail rate. Nuff said. By defending them and their 95% fail rate you defend waste and abuse by the government. That and groping kids and old woman.

Blah, blah, blah. Spelling bad and bad posts. The application process is extremely passable. That's why you get all the hood rats working there. Second, 95% fail rate. Nuff said. By defending them and their 95% fail rate you defend waste and abuse by the government. That and groping kids and old woman.

Did you ever apply? If not, how do you know what the process and qualifications are?

I went all the way through the process, as did my daughter who worked for them for 3 years.

Forum List

Back