Why is the country MORE divided than it was 8 years ago?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
There is no getting around it. We are WAY more divided than we were 8 years ago.

Why?

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.
Having a Black President brought out racism that was hidden for years.
So, electing a black president was racist? You're flailing in a mass of confusion because you cannot understand why millions upon millions of people who voted for Obama also voted for Trump.

You know, the "us vs. them" mentality started after 9/11 when Jr. said that if you're not with us, you're with the terrorists. That is what started the division because people started to look for others who didn't think like them so they could keep a watch over them, just in case.

Then? The division was further exacerbated when Obama won the presidency and the Republicans (led by Mcconell, Boehner) then stated THE FIRST DAY that their whole goal was to make Obama a one term president.

After that? They used the "us vs. them" thinking to divide the parties to the point where we have a huge partisan divide between Dems and Republicans.

Gimmie back the 80's and the 90's, when even though both sides didn't like each other, they at least worked together for the betterment of this country.

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.
Having a Black President brought out racism that was hidden for years.
Yep. It rose to the surface and got real ugly the minute the black guy won the election. And it wasn't just a bunch of anonymous pussies on internet message boards either.

the internet with all the fake news, meant to divide us... you not only have to differ with the other side, you must HATE the other side...

Gimmie back the 80's and the 90's, when even though both sides didn't like each other, they at least worked together for the betterment of this country.
OK, stop whining and support the president for the next four years. Bitching about him being a racist because it was a cheap talking point is not the way to do it.

OK, stop whining and support the president for the next four years. Bitching about him being a racist because it was a cheap talking point is not the way to do it.

Never said anything about race. I said that it started because of the terror attacks, and was further widened by the GOP vs. Dem stance that was taken after Obama took office.

Never said anything about not supporting him either.

However, I have said repeatedly that I don't think he will make a good president because of his lack of experience with government. You can't fire a congress critter or Senator just because you don't like them, you have to work with them.

And you can't cut ties with a country as easily as Trump seems to think.

Is he a racist? Dunno...............but I DO know that based on his views of people who aren't Christian are biased, and that makes him a bigot.

Never said anything about race. I said that it started because of the terror attacks, and was further widened by the GOP vs. Dem stance that was taken after Obama took office.

Never said anything about not supporting him either.

However, I have said repeatedly that I don't think he will make a good president because of his lack of experience with government. You can't fire a congress critter or Senator just because you don't like them, you have to work with them.

And you can't cut ties with a country as easily as Trump seems to think.

Is he a racist? Dunno...............but I DO know that based on his views of people who aren't Christian are biased, and that makes him a bigot.
How so? I mean, since you are the bigots bigot, your opinion may shed light on your democrat hate....

?
Interesting logic. So your claim is that non racist people turned racist because they were accused of racism?

Forum List

Back