Why Is This Statue Still Standing?

The man put people into concentration camps simply based upon their race.
He allowed blacks to be segregated from everything whites were allowed to do.
He kept people from immigrating into America just because of their race.

Time to tear down this statue of FDR.

View attachment 143963

The Moon Bats will give that FDR asshole a break because he created their beloved social security.

Thomas Jefferson ... crusader for equal rights ...

article-1084002-0264DA22000005DC-925_468x417.jpg

A clumsy and stupid attempt to find moral equivalence to men who raised their swords against the United States of America. Men who were, in fact, traitors to this nation.

What a pity that, in addition to desperately needing a lesson in morality, some hammerheads like the OP need a lesson in American history. Ham handed stabs at rewriting it appear all the more ridiculous.

And they were for the most part traitors that were re-admitted to citizenship once the war was over. That's how civil wars usually end. Part of the healing process was to allow them to honor their dead, both the soldiers and the cause. Now for some reason a statue of some dude with a rifled musket is too much for some pansy snowflakes to bear.
The memorials were, in large part, erected in the era of Jim Crow laws and repression of African Americans. Therefore it can be argued that these memorials were intended as symbols of repressi N.

What are memorials supposed to do? Inspire, honor, inculcate history. I ask: what is inspirational about the treason of confederates? Is it proper Tom honor their treason? Are these memorials inculcating a false history, a history of noble aspirations?

They were raised at the time when all the guys who fought in the war were dying off, which is what triggered most of these being built, especially the ones to unknown and unnamed soldiers.

The only one I know of that was a direct reference to the Redeemer period, and which you would have a case, is the Battle of Liberty Place Monument.

Battle of Liberty Place Monument - Wikipedia

That the only one I can understand as "gotta go"
They were raised at the time when all the guys who fought in the war were dying off, which is what triggered most of these being built, especially the ones to unknown and unnamed soldiers.
Bullshit! 80% of those monuments "honoring" the traitorous scum of the Civil War sprung up between 1895 and 1965 which was a reaction to the end of Reconstruction and then the civil rights movement. The erection of those works was nothing more than a petty act of defiance during the Jim Crow era, your rewrite of that period notwithstanding.

A clumsy and stupid attempt to find moral equivalence to men who raised their swords against the United States of America. Men who were, in fact, traitors to this nation.

What a pity that, in addition to desperately needing a lesson in morality, some hammerheads like the OP need a lesson in American history. Ham handed stabs at rewriting it appear all the more ridiculous.
So it's ok to pick and choose our first amendment rights - as long as they conform to your marxist liberal agenda. I see.
You have a first amendment right to speak. You do not have a first amendment

So it's ok to pick and choose our first amendment rights - as long as they conform to your marxist liberal agenda. I see.
You have a first amendment right to speak. You do not have a first amendment right to be heard.

And your right not to hear doesn't extend beyond the privacy of your home.

And they were for the most part traitors that were re-admitted to citizenship once the war was over. That's how civil wars usually end. Part of the healing process was to allow them to honor their dead, both the soldiers and the cause. Now for some reason a statue of some dude with a rifled musket is too much for some pansy snowflakes to bear.
The memorials were, in large part, erected in the era of Jim Crow laws and repression of African Americans. Therefore it can be argued that these memorials were intended as symbols of repressi N.

What are memorials supposed to do? Inspire, honor, inculcate history. I ask: what is inspirational about the treason of confederates? Is it proper Tom honor their treason? Are these memorials inculcating a false history, a history of noble aspirations?

The only one I know of that was a direct reference to the Redeemer period, and which you would have a case, is the Battle of Liberty Place Monument.

Bullshit! 80% of those monuments "honoring" the traitorous scum of the Civil War sprung up between 1895 and 1965 which was a reaction to the end of Reconstruction and then the civil rights movement. The erection of those works was nothing more than a petty act of defiance during the Jim Crow era, your rewrite of that period notwithstanding.
Those Buddhist temples were also built long after Buddha. Yes, the American left are just like the Taliban.

Reconstruction ended in 1876, most redeemer crap was over by 1880.

Again I gave an example of a "bad" memorial, however the rest fall in the time period of the dying off of the last of the veterans from the time period, i.e. early 1900's.

Those Buddhist temples were also built long after Buddha. Yes, the American left are just like the Taliban.
Ar you equating places of worship to confederate memorials? The Vatican was built in the 16th century. Do you see it as inappropriate?

Pretty much 85% of our statues and memorials should be torn down.
What gets me about all this is why its suddenly a big deal..
It's a big deal because conservatives have started killing people over it.
Such disingenuous bullshit. Go find another.

Funny how you never take your rightwing nut pals to task for far worse.

I suppose you'll be OK with this then?
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 10.21.29 AM.png

you ok with what he did to the Japanese American citizens?...
In the hindsight of history, no. But I also understand the myriad of reasons to celebrate Franklin Roosevelt.
as it is with the guys who have monuments in DC.....but yet apparently some are calling for some of them to come down....
Which D.C. Monuments should come down?

Ar you equating places of worship to confederate memorials? The Vatican was built in the 16th century. Do you see it as inappropriate?
If Italy is taken over by the Islamists the Vatican will be destroyed.

As are all Christian symbolism in America today by the American Taliban.

If Italy is taken over by the Islamists the Vatican will be destroyed.

As are all Christian symbolism in America today by the American Taliban.
Who is the American Taliban?

I just thought about something Weatherman2020 the us capitol building and the white house were built by slaves. I think wall street was too. They better get busy!

Pretty much 85% of our statues and memorials should be torn down.
What gets me about all this is why its suddenly a big deal..
It's a big deal because conservatives have started killing people over it.
Such disingenuous bullshit. Go find another.

Funny how you never take your rightwing nut pals to task for far worse.

I suppose you'll be OK with this then?
View attachment 143971

I'm overcome with a desire to color ...

cd9347ae7376dab4e3dcc452790a3442--small-boxes-old-boxes.jpg

View attachment 143963
Can you point out when he was a leader in an armed rebellion against the United States? I missed that particular history lesson.

They are like petulant little children.....they can't get what they want so they want to destroy everything else......

View attachment 143963
Can you point out when he was a leader in an armed rebellion against the United States? I missed that particular history lesson.

Not against the United States, just against minority Americans.

Reconstruction ended in 1876, most redeemer crap was over by 1880.

Again I gave an example of a "bad" memorial, however the rest fall in the time period of the dying off of the last of the veterans from the time period, i.e. early 1900's.
Get someone to explain my post to you.

Jim Crow was LONG from being over. If 80% of those "monuments" were built in the 70 years between 1895 & 1965, then only 20% were erected in the 30 years before and the 50 + years afterwards, or 80 + years. That would mean that 80% were built after Reconstruction and during the Jim Crow era, doesn't it? What did I write?

The point is it boiled down to an act of defiance and in all cases honoring traitors to the United States. Put as much lipstick on that porker that you wish, but the fact remains it's still a damn PIG!

Forum List

Back