"You didn't get there on your own"

Why do conservatives value the myth of the self-made-man so much? All of you know what he was saying but choose instead to take it as some kind attack on capitalism.

you dont own the truth.

your "vision" is that Bush crashing the entire world economy didnt effect your "business".

Wow - now Bush has suddenly crashed the entire WORLD economy? :lol:

You radical liberals are hilarious. You implement policy that creates collapse and then blame others for that collapse that you created.

Sorry, Bush wasn't running Greece and never has. Liberal policy collapsed Greece. Same with England, Spain, and now the United States.

really feel that way when he said:
“If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that,” Obama told a crowd in Roanoke, Va., on Friday. “Somebody else made that happen.”

Is he THAT dumb to criticize the major voting block that put him in office..
76% of all voters white.. of which 44% voted for him in 2008... and now he is criticizing some of the same people that voted him into office? IS THAT DUMB or does he mean it?

If he means it he again is showing the incredible ignorance of what it takes to start and keep a business going.. and this pompous BUTT thinks these people had NOTHING to do with it?

Now the WH is trying to walk this back by saying well businesses need roads and bridges..
hmmm Cuba/Russia have bridges.. so why are Cubans still driving cars from the USA built in the 50s?
If Obama intended to say well the Internet was a government project... he was right!
BUT OBAMA.... what funded that research? TAX dollars make up 97% of Federal revenue!
So businesses that make a profit have employees that pay taxes, pay property taxes and Federal taxes that CREATED the Internet!
SO is he like ALGORE that totally ignorant as to how the Federal government pays its bills?

NO Obama meant that statement and was stupid for making it!
His whole educational background hated businesses hated profits.. hated USA and it is totally true or WHY else is he bent on tearing people down? Tearing businesses down?
Tearing the USA down???

Obama believes this to be a true and fair statement. He almost duplicated Elizabeth Warren's Fair Taxation speech.

Why do conservatives value the myth of the self-made-man so much? All of you know what he was saying but choose instead to take it as some kind attack on capitalism.

A conservative poster said to me last week that the truth was irrelevant.

I didn't see one conservative poster disagree with him.

“If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that,” Obama told a crowd in Roanoke, Va., on Friday. “Somebody else made that happen.”

76% of all voters white.. of which 44% voted for him in 2008... and now he is criticizing some of the same people that voted him into office? IS THAT DUMB or does he mean it?

If he means it he again is showing the incredible ignorance of what it takes to start and keep a business going.. and this pompous BUTT thinks these people had NOTHING to do with it?

Now the WH is trying to walk this back by saying well businesses need roads and bridges..
hmmm Cuba/Russia have bridges.. so why are Cubans still driving cars from the USA built in the 50s?
If Obama intended to say well the Internet was a government project... he was right!
BUT OBAMA.... what funded that research? TAX dollars make up 97% of Federal revenue!
So businesses that make a profit have employees that pay taxes, pay property taxes and Federal taxes that CREATED the Internet!
SO is he like ALGORE that totally ignorant as to how the Federal government pays its bills?

His whole educational background hated businesses hated profits.. hated USA and it is totally true or WHY else is he bent on tearing people down? Tearing businesses down?
Tearing the USA down???

He's unraveling. take it, embrace it. and remember it.

What's mildly astonishing is that conservatives even need it explained to them that the private sector AND government work TOGETHER to make this country prosper.

When you are so ignorant and uneducated as to find common knowledge incomprehensible,

it's time for some serious self-improvement efforts.

The "perception" of Obama elected him. Now the truth of Obama will be his end.

Show me a man that has lived in solitude since birth, growing every bite of food he has ever eaten, making all his clothes and defending his vegetable patch from marauders all without a bit education and maybe I will admit that a self-made-man exists but he would not be successful by any western definition.

Tearing the USA down???

Seriously, this idiot poster just said we don't need roads and bridges.

What's mildly astonishing is that conservatives even need it explained to them that the private sector AND government work TOGETHER to make this country prosper.

When you are so ignorant and uneducated as to find common knowledge incomprehensible,

it's time for some serious self-improvement efforts.

You're delusional.

you dont own the truth.

your "vision" is that Bush crashing the entire world economy didnt effect your "business".

You radical liberals are hilarious. You implement policy that creates collapse and then blame others for that collapse that you created.

Sorry, Bush wasn't running Greece and never has. Liberal policy collapsed Greece. Same with England, Spain, and now the United States.

Typical lib strategy. 'Who me?'

Show me a man that has lived in solitude since birth, growing every bite of food he has ever eaten, making all his clothes and defending his vegetable patch from marauders all without a bit education and maybe I will admit that a self-made-man exists but he would not be successful by any western definition.

I suspect you have no idea what success is.

What do you do for a living?

you dont own the truth.

Mostly it was the Banksters that bush and co allowed to run amok, but to be fair both parties are involved

as long as idiots like you defend the worst of the worst people on the planet, our work is really cut out for us

I feel sorry for you. To have such low self value has to suck.

To have such a low value for our society and it's people must suck much more than my acceptance of the concept of social responsibility. I feel like a part of an awesome group of humans who have worked together to build a great nation, is loneliness a big problem with you being so removed from a group identity that many treasure more than their own lives?

No business owner built the roads and bridges by themselves.

Lying to the American people and altering quotes wont win you any elections

And you own how many businesses to come up with this assessment, madam?

Dear leader has no compunctions about lying to the American people to assert his redistribution of wealth edicts against the successful to reward the unsuccessful. That requires an entire system of classes, just like in class-ruled countries which, incidentally, furnish the world with zero for a future.

Last edited:

I suspect you have no idea what success is.

What do you do for a living?

I do not give out personal details on this board, take it however you want to, but I am doing pretty well lately, certainly better than when things went south 4 years ago.

Forum List

Back