A Civil War if Trump is not reinstated

Why do conservatives who say there will be civil war always look like this:

View attachment 507216
He most likely has diabetes, high blood pressure, heart issues, not to mention probably suffers from incontinence. Typical trailer park trash. Bitching and moaning he did not get his way and now wants to burn the house down. Not that he has much of a house to burn down.

Because people like that, don't like the new normal.

View attachment 507229
There is certainly nothing new about that.
It's never been accepted as normal, not in my lifetime. Till now.

I've tried like a million times to comprehend the level of stupid it would take to blindly follow a clown like Dotard J Drumpf.
My current working theory is that these people have spent the last couple of decades being worked up into a paranoid rage by talk radio and then the internet, and this guy was just the right spark to make it explode.

So I guess that would create an emotional attachment that the rest of us just can't understand. I do try, I do ask a lot of questions and pay attention to the responses. I've just never seen anything like this before.
Mac, I'll make a deal with you.

I will admit that Trump is/was a political doofus way outside his element when he took up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania, if you admit that Joe Biden is a senile geezer one step away from a diaper-filled dementia shit fit.

Neither had/have the capacity to handle the job without MAJOR influence (both inside and outside). Both are/were controlled by the extreme ends of the political spectrum. Both of those extremes are way more authoritarian than libertarian.

Agreed?
I've said many times that Biden is an old man who is clearly fading. He's also a zillion-year politician and he was an eminently mediocre candidate. I will always resent the GOP for my having to vote for him and Hillary, because I knew I had to vote against Trumpism. I would much rather voted third party.

I have no problem admitting any of that, and I've said it many times. This is about choices, and the choice was clear to me, as shitty as it was.

I've tried like a million times to comprehend the level of stupid it would take to blindly follow a clown like Dotard J Drumpf.
My current working theory is that these people have spent the last couple of decades being worked up into a paranoid rage by talk radio and then the internet, and this guy was just the right spark to make it explode.

So I guess that would create an emotional attachment that the rest of us just can't understand. I do try, I do ask a lot of questions and pay attention to the responses. I've just never seen anything like this before.

You put your finger on something here. Talk radio. I have a buddy who's not a dummy. Former teacher/ well educated/ retired early. He's been listening to right wing radio for the past 10-15 years. Drove his ex wife freaking nuts. After retirement, he'd head out to a little work shed he had out back and spend all morning listening to Fatsbo, Hannity, Levin, Ingraham, etc etc etc.

Anyway, when Donnie came along, he pounced like a mountain lion. We're still fine yucking it up over old times, but when the subject changes to politics? OmG .. It gets heated. He was SO certain that Rump was the answer and that only HE could solve all our problems!

Anyway, RW talk radio is where a LOT of these loons get their "news"!
Anybody who gets their news from one source has a much greater chance of being misinformed than those who look at multiple sources and get different perspectives, always looking for the bullshit spin, and considering the source.

The only difference is that those who get their news solely from talk radio (commentators, not reporters) are more likely to be informed than those who get their news from The Daily Show or from Stephen Colbert's monolog. Obviously, both will cherry pick topics and leave out a whole shit ton of other stuff, for various reasons, including the fact that some shit ain't funny.

You're right - The problem being that 90% of homeschool teachers simply aren't qualified.

Link to your kook assertion, Bluey?

You have the Mr Googley Loon. Of course, when you ask the question, the first several pages are full of homeskool advocate sites that you'll likely glom onto like a leech with an attitude.

Can a very smart parent with a butt-ton of time on their hands and who is willing to LEARN and take the online classes needed to be successful? Sure. But a true childhood education involves peer social interaction lacking at home.

We learned this during the pandemic. Can't count the number of incredibly smart people I saw throw their hands up in the air and admit that it wasn't working for their kid and that they just didn't have the damn time. But laugh Kookaburra laugh - Gay your life must be!

rawImage.png

I will admit that Trump is/was a political doofus way outside his element when he took up residence at 1600 Pennsylvania, if you admit that Joe Biden is a senile geezer one step away from a diaper-filled dementia shit fit.

Neither had/have the capacity to handle the job without MAJOR influence (both inside and outside). Both are/were controlled by the extreme ends of the political spectrum. Both of those extremes are way more authoritarian than libertarian.

Agreed?
I've said many times that Biden is an old man who is clearly fading. He's also a zillion-year politician and he was an eminently mediocre candidate. I will always resent the GOP for my having to vote for him and Hillary, because I knew I had to vote against Trumpism. I would much rather voted third party.

I have no problem admitting any of that, and I've said it many times. This is about choices, and the choice was clear to me, as shitty as it was.
Can you say the same about me? I had choices too.

In 2016, I had a choice between a narcissistic asshole who appears to have never understood the concept of ethics, even at a very young age, whose last job was a reality TV personality verses a narcissistic asshole who appears to have never understood the concept of ethics, even at a very young age, whose last job was that of a D.C. insider ready to do business as usual.

2020 was more about who would really be in control. Do you honestly thing Biden is running shit? His goose-stepping VP choice should have scared the hell out of you.

Agreed?

Can you say the same about me? I had choices too.

In 2016, I had a choice between a narcissistic asshole who appears to have never understood the concept of ethics, even at a very young age, whose last job was a reality TV personality verses a narcissistic asshole who appears to have never understood the concept of ethics, even at a very young age, whose last job was that of a D.C. insider ready to do business as usual.

2020 was more about who would really be in control. Do you honestly thing Biden is running shit? His goose-stepping VP choice should have scared the hell out of you.
As I said, it was a shitty choice.

I thought Uncle Joe was way too old. But I too voted for him because it became obvious that Trumpism was dangerous as fuck. This bore out on 1/6 and to this day. As the CIA, FBI and DHS all suggest - Radical RW extremism is our greatest threat as a nation.

I'm thus far pleasantly surprised. Biden respects our institutions. He respects our allies. He doesn't suck up to autocrats. He may have been exactly what we needed in recovery after four years of chaos.

Thank GOD our institutions held or we'd have become an autocracy and our very young social experiment in self-governance would quite literally have been over.

While we try to find any possible humor in this insane "rigged election" circus, we also have to remember that a very real threat of violence over the scam remains. We see various degrees of threats regularly on this board, and we're seeing more and more of them in real life. This, after that little tour that got a bit frisky on January 6th, leaving over 140 cops injured.

Included in this news item is a person who thinks that Trump won the election "by over 80 percent". This isn't funny.

"He's coming back soon, and you guys are going down," a Trump supporter in Wellington identified as Ron told O'Sullivan, sparking laughter from others in his group. "The military already knows it was a fraud. He won by over 80 percent."

Ron continued: "He's coming back before the middle of August."

"And what if that doesn't happen?" O'Sullivan asked.

"We're going to be in a civil war because the militia will be taking over," the man responded.

View attachment 507308
But this isn't about Trump. It never has been.

You're very confused. I'm not surprised.
It isn't about Trump.

And just to prove it, you will post thead after endless thread about Trump just like this one.
Correct. None of this is about Trump.

Let me make this as simple for you as I can:

9KAI1Dq.jpg
You can fool yourself as libs often do but not the test of us

Anybody who gets their news from one source has a much greater chance of being misinformed than those who look at multiple sources and get different perspectives, always looking for the bullshit spin, and considering the source.

The only difference is that those who get their news solely from talk radio (commentators, not reporters) are more likely to be informed than those who get their news from The Daily Show or from Stephen Colbert's monolog. Obviously, both will cherry pick topics and leave out a whole shit ton of other stuff, for various reasons, including the fact that some shit ain't funny.

Boots, there have been a number of university studies who's questionnaires proved that those who watch political satire like Colbert, Stewart, Noah, and SNL are actually BETTER informed than those who watch Fox, OAN, Newsmax, etc etc etc and listen to RW talk radio.

I watch Fox on occasion. In particular Chris Wallace, Shep before he left (CNBC now) and I even watch Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham on occasion just for shits-n-giggles.

But I know an idiot when I see an idiot. ;)

I thought Uncle Joe was way too old. But I too voted for him because it became obvious that Trumpism was dangerous as fuck. This bore out on 1/6 and to this day. As the CIA, FBI and DHS all suggest - Radical RW extremism is our greatest threat as a nation.

I'm thus far pleasantly surprised. Biden respects our institutions. He respects our allies. He doesn't suck up to autocrats. He may have been exactly what we needed in recovery after four years of chaos.

Thank GOD our institutions held or we'd have become an autocracy and our very young social experiment in self-governance would quite literally have been over.
The key to me was/is addition by subtraction. I just wanted to know that America is better than the previous four years.

You're right - The problem being that 90% of homeschool teachers simply aren't qualified.

Link to your kook assertion, Bluey?

You have the Mr Googley Loon. Of course, when you ask the question, the first several pages are full of homeskool advocate sites that you'll likely glom onto like a leech with an attitude.

Can a very smart parent with a butt-ton of time on their hands and who is willing to LEARN and take the online classes needed to be successful? Sure. But a true childhood education involves peer social interaction lacking at home.

We learned this during the pandemic. Can't count the number of incredibly smart people I saw throw their hands up in the air and admit that it wasn't working for their kid and that they just didn't have the damn time. But laugh Kookaburra laugh - Gay your life must be!

rawImage.png
Our COVID lockdown experience with our oldest was better than I could have ever imagined. The wife and I didn't even have to look at ANY of her stuff and she was completely unaffected. Made all As, just like before.

But, our younger kid was a completely different story.

How we imagined he would be as a "homeschooled" student:

1625075630278.png

Sardo Numspa - evil bad guy from hell

What we got:

1625075766428.png

That little bastard was nearly the death of Mrs. Bootney.

Boots, there have been a number of university studies who's questionnaires proved that those who watch political satire like Colbert, Stewart, Noah, and SNL are actually BETTER informed than those who watch Fox, OAN, Newsmax, etc etc etc and listen to RW talk radio.
:auiqs.jpg:
Lemme just stop you right there. I have been involved in many university studies. A CCP press release is more credible and less influenced by Marxist bias than a university study. Remember, I made better grades when I would write like I was Chairman Mao.
I watch Fox on occasion. In particular Chris Wallace, Shep before he left (CNBC now) and I even watch Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham on occasion just for shits-n-giggles.
Those are all commentators. That's not news. It's cherry-picked topics from the news with the host's spin attached.

Libs like @Mac1958 who claim to fear a violent confrontation could go a long way in preventing that by embracing strict election reforms
So what? We should not be held hostage by the delusions of stupid assholes nor should we accede to their stupid asshole demands.

What would really go a long way and what is more ethically appropriate is for the lying liars who fooled the stupid assholes with their election lies to come out and admit the lies were all lies while simultaneously mocking the stupid assholes for believing them.

Libs like @Mac1958 who claim to fear a violent confrontation could go a long way in preventing that by embracing strict election reforms
So what? We should not be held hostage by the delusions of stupid assholes nor should we accede to their stupid asshole demands.

What would really go a long way and what is more ethically appropriate is for the lying liars who fooled the stupid assholes with their election lies to come out and admit the lies were all lies while simultaneously mocking the stupid assholes for believing them.
We have been yelling about election fraud LONG before Trump even became a candidate.

:auiqs.jpg:
Lemme just stop you right there. I have been involved in many university studies. A CCP press release is more credible and less influenced by Marxist bias than a university study. Remember, I made better grades when I would write like I was Chairman Mao.
Those are all commentators. That's not news. It's cherry-picked topics from the news with the host's spin attached.

Guess you need links as to the research. Okay - Gotta scoot now but more in a bit!

Agreed?

Nothing stopped you from voting third party except your love for Hillary and Biden. Man up and own it.

Thats just your opinion

The democrats underestimated trump in 2016 and didnt cheat ad much as they needed

But they made up for it in 2020

Agreed?

Nothing stopped you from voting third party except your love for Hillary and Biden. Man up and own it.
Whatever you'd like. You're just a Trumpster.

Forum List

Back