Ask about Islam

That is false. They also fight against oppressors.
Could you qualify that statement? People who
fight oppression are acting in SELF DEFENSE in
that "self defense" includes attack on ones country
or one's nation and in a larger sense ALSO includes
fighting attack on fellow humans (from the POV of
biologists, humans are a "social animal" and
protect the SPECIES---a form of self-defense)

Human rights in Islam are somewhat different from yours. Don't pretend they're some kind of laws ingrained in a human being — you made them up not so long ago for yourself.

That would be an issue between her and her husband. Usually married people try to please each other. They're not at war. They love each other.
in fact there are instincts in human beings---
to wit, hardwired responses in the human brain
to "UNFAIR" actions against ones "group members"

Honor killings are just murder in Islam as well as in Spain and South America.
from the POV of sociology that which is called
HONOR KILLING is not "just murder" The use
of the word "just" in describing various
homicide situations is a really silly trivialization of
that human behavior. I know of no society in which
there are no DISTINCTIONS in acts of homicide----
including islamic society

You‘ve added absolutely nothing to the discussion. You’re the one that needs to shut up. Claiming expertise because you lived in the ME is unconvincing and your attempts at insults are just lame. Post something relevant, instead of just parroting the apologists. At least I’ve posted citations for my statements.
I like Suradie's parroting of standard islamic
sophistry. I read it as a child and then heard
it from young muslims in my youth. deja vous
is an interesting experience

I find your comment interesting----so many muslims have told me that without arabic--one
cannot understand what the koran says. I have
never met even one educated Iranian who knew
any arabic. In fact most of the muslims with
whom I have worked never read it AT ALL. I do
know people who have LIVED in Shariah adherent
societies. To live shariah is to KNOW shariah
Arabic certainly gives you more understanding of it, but legitimate English translations of the meaning are very good.

Can you clarify, do you deny that women had hardly any rights a couple hundred years ago?
what women? A few hundred years ago there
were women who were QUEENS. Queen Isabella
of Spain had LOTS OF RIGHTS ----you are trying to simplify a very complex topic

I hardly have time to watch all of that, but I'll just comment on women supposedly catering to the male's desire by covering themselves, with — is that what she considers logic? It is she who is catering to the male desire by uncovering herself, with all that make up, the hair and the jewellery.

I hardly have time to watch all of that, but I'll just comment on women supposedly catering to the male's desire by covering themselves, with — is that what she considers logic? It is she who is catering to the male desire by uncovering herself, with all that make up, the hair and the jewellery.
It’s her right and no one has the right to say she can’t.

I must be using a different “reading”. Mine says ‘vain’, not ‘unintentional’. Your version doesn’t make sense, since who would consider an honest mistake a sin? Sounds like he wasn’t talking about honest mistakes.
Making oaths in a serious thing in Islam and the rulings regarding it are detailed for each specific situation. In regard to buying and selling, for example, making oaths is disliked even if they are truthful oaths.

"Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “An oath may sell the product but erase the blessing.”' (Sahih al-Bukhari)

"“Verily, those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allaah’s Covenant and their oaths, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter (Paradise). Neither will Allaah speak to them nor look at them on the Day of Resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful torment”' 3:77

and "'And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much)”' 5:89

As to your argument, where do you see disbelievers mentioned in this verse? And do you think vain and false are synonymous?

WHAT---.."... all that make up, hair and the
(sic) jewellery" ? the lady is wearing less
make up and jewelry than lots of Niqabis use
in my city. When I read your post, I expected
something like a GOTH.

Why does Islam reject Jesus Christ, son of God who is God as Messiah when The scriptures say that you can only have your sins paid for by The Blood of Christ?
Messiah and His sacrifice and resurrection are all pointed to in The Old Testament, and Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies about Himself as witnessed in The New Testament, so why do Muslims reject Christ and merely call Him a prophet?

"He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him" (John 3:36).

The only way to salvation is acceptance of Christ as Savior. The way to Hell is rejection of Him. "There is salvation in no one else" (Acts 4:12, ESV).

How wonderful that our loving God would give us the choice to love Him back.

Muslims consider said prophets and messengers to be Muslims. They don't consider them the Prophets of those other religions, per se.

The reason they should convert to Islam is that Islam came with the newest revelation. The same way you expect people to follow the most recent traffic laws instead of the old abrogated ones, Muslims expect that the followers of Judaism and Christianity will follow the new law and the latest prophet instead of the old abrogated laws.

There is no need for Muslims to crush them, but for sure the worst punishment possible is in the hereafter.
How does your statement compare with The Revelation of Jesus Christ which claims it is the Last Revelation?

Revelation 22

18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of prophecy in this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book. 20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Making oaths in a serious thing in Islam and the rulings regarding it are detailed for each specific situation. In regard to buying and selling, for example, making oaths is disliked even if they are truthful oaths.

"Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “An oath may sell the product but erase the blessing.”' (Sahih al-Bukhari)

"“Verily, those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allaah’s Covenant and their oaths, they shall have no portion in the Hereafter (Paradise). Neither will Allaah speak to them nor look at them on the Day of Resurrection nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful torment”' 3:77

and "'And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much)”' 5:89

As to your argument, where do you see disbelievers mentioned in this verse? And do you think vain and false are synonymous?
the word "vain" as used in English, especially
in archaic usage can denote "false" or "senseless"
"an oath taken in VAIN" is a false oath
You've stated many times that your husband was a baby when his family migrated from a muslim country to the west.
Yet, you continue to pretend to the people here that he was oppressed by muslims and forced to flee the country. ... :cuckoo:
the most interesting aspect of this post is
that suradie agrees that if I claim that hubby's
family were oppressed in their shariah adherent
land of birth and when fleeing they TOOK THEIR
BABY SON ALONG----then I must be NUTS.
I believe that Suradie got part of her education in Saudi Arabia

Last edited:
Muslims consider said prophets and messengers to be Muslims. They don't consider them the Prophets of those other religions, per se.

The reason they should convert to Islam is that Islam came with the newest revelation. The same way you expect people to follow the most recent traffic laws instead of the old abrogated ones, Muslims expect that the followers of Judaism and Christianity will follow the new law and the latest prophet instead of the old abrogated laws.

There is no need for Muslims to crush them, but for sure the worst punishment possible is in the hereafter.
Dude, I'm thinking you should change your name to Doug.

Forum List

Back