🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Check your privilege

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
I need somebody to explain WTF this means cuz I'm not getting it. Here's the context:

Speaking with CNN’s Alisyn Camerota on Monday morning, the president of the Minneapolis City Council, which has stated it intends to “dismantle” the city’s police department, was asked what a citizen should do if an intruder broke into their house in the middle of the night and there were no police to call. In response, she blithely suggested that the opportunity to call police “comes from a place of privilege,” adding that those citizens should “step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm.”

“Do you understand that the word ‘dismantle’ or ‘police-free’ make some people nervous?” Camerota asked. “For instance, what if in the middle of the night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?”

Bender answered, “Yes, I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors, and I know, and myself too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done.”

So, calling the cops when somebody breaks into my home is a privilege? I thought they did that for anybody, am I mistaken? I pay taxes for public safety and security, annd if I have to call the cops then I'm not thinking it's a privilege but instead is the deal I made with the city when I bought or rented a home there. So, what is this privilege stuff?

Also, what's this stuff about "where calling the police may mean more harm"? The police are gonna be worse than the criminal who broke into my house? I don't think so.

Truth be told, what I'll really need is somebody to take away the bodies cuz if you break into my house I'm gonna shoot you dead. We do that shit in Texas, it's allowed.

1591729040462.png

First line...solved it...no need to read any further. A Communist talking with someone who is probably bat shit crazy.

if means they are trying to find ways of keeping you from saying anything at all out of fear of their shaming techniques.

i'm over the shame. we can either agree to disagree and all sides understand neither side will get everything they want, much less feel they deserve, or you whine like a 2 year old cause you don't get it all.

the left to me has been the oldest 2 year old around.

I need somebody to explain WTF this means cuz I'm not getting it. Here's the context:

Speaking with CNN’s Alisyn Camerota on Monday morning, the president of the Minneapolis City Council, which has stated it intends to “dismantle” the city’s police department, was asked what a citizen should do if an intruder broke into their house in the middle of the night and there were no police to call. In response, she blithely suggested that the opportunity to call police “comes from a place of privilege,” adding that those citizens should “step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm.”

“Do you understand that the word ‘dismantle’ or ‘police-free’ make some people nervous?” Camerota asked. “For instance, what if in the middle of the night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?”

Bender answered, “Yes, I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors, and I know, and myself too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done.”

So, calling the cops when somebody breaks into my home is a privilege? I thought they did that for anybody, am I mistaken? I pay taxes for public safety and security, annd if I have to call the cops then I'm not thinking it's a privilege but instead is the deal I made with the city when I bought or rented a home there. So, what is this privilege stuff?

Also, what's this stuff about "where calling the police may mean more harm"? The police are gonna be worse than the criminal who broke into my house? I don't think so.

Truth be told, what I'll really need is somebody to take away the bodies cuz if you break into my house I'm gonna shoot you dead. We do that shit in Texas, it's allowed.
First of all:
  1. If you are paying for police protection in your borough taxes, that's not a privilege, that is an expectation of service.
  2. Profiling a person because they fit the appearance of someone more likely to be a danger is good police work.
  3. Just because a system worked better for some than others, isn't a reason to tear it down so it doesn't work for anybody.
  4. If this councilperson thinks police protection is a privilege, then everyone in Minneapolis should meet at their house at midnight, break in, and loot the place for all it's got.
  5. Taking the power to protect the majority from the criminal element and giving it to the criminal element to commit crimes against the majority isn't a solution, it is a dereliction of duty.

I just checked on it
It’s doing fine
40 years of nose to the grindstone and doing the right things has nice just rewards privledges !

To paraphrase and summarize, "Defending your life, if you're not black, is racist."

Forum List

Back