CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

Years of being a libertarian have frequently put me in the position of defending the rights of people I disagree with. In fact, that's almost always the case because it's almost always people with unpopular views who are the targets. There's generally not much call to defend the free speech rights of the majority. The majority is not going to vote to silence itself. So the "rules of normalcy" are pretty much always going to condemn people with unpopular views. I don't think that justifies suppressing their free speech rights.

I think the biggest reason this bothers me is that it's already become a theme with Desantis, and it seems to popular with his supporters. And he's likely to be our next President. I'd hate to see this kind of "retaliation" governance become a national standard.
It already is a national standard. Democrats have been going after employers,bank accounts,credit card companies,gofundme acts,PayPal ect of people they disagree with politically.

It already is a national standard. Democrats have been going after employers,bank accounts,credit card companies,gofundme acts,PayPal ect of people they disagree with politically.
When the government teams up with business it is called fascism.

So now Republicans are going to be just as bad as Democrats? I fail to see that as a good thing.

I look it at as sort of DeSantis and his team Vs the CEO of Disney and her woke team. The lines between corporations and govt have been skewed.
100%. If the last 2/3 years taught us anything it’s that big corporations do the dirty work of the Democratic Party and push their agendas.

So now Republicans are going to be just as bad as Democrats? I fail to see that as a good thing.
If republicans don’t start fighting back they will just get steam rolled. Disney is basically an arm of the far left. Disney threatened to use their power to squash the Florida bill ( special power given as a courtesy by the state of Florida that no other corp has).Well…now they are getting the blow back. They started it by getting political. You reap what you sew.

I think that Americans have pushed the envelope on legal action to far now to bring back equilibrium.
I'm sorry that I can't offer a possible solution instead of criticism of the American way.

A complete takeover by Trump and the GOP holding loyal to his agenda is in my opinion necessary to cause a reset. That is, in it's destructive effect.

This is a good a place as we have for a rational discussion, so best wishes.

You're from Canaduh, a nation that was founded in groveling and cowering before the same horrendous tyrant against whom we Americans violently rebelled in order to win our independence and establish our nation.

No American of any worth gives a shit what you have to say about our country.

When the government teams up with business it is called fascism.
Just working with them happens all the time. It's when government controls the corporations (like in fascism) or when corporations control the government (which is called corporatocracy) that things get really, really bad.

Just working with them happens all the time. It's when government controls the corporations (like in fascism) or when corporations control the government (which is called corporatocracy) that things get really, really bad.
Then take your pick. The country is in its worst shape ever.

Again, the question for discussion is: are we ready to endorse retaliatory government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?
In practice, the answer is, "yes, if it's my party in power doing the punching back". Pure, stark, blatant partisan hypocrisy.

Another example of how our current political/electoral system incentivizes and rewards the worst behaviors of its participants.

As long as we choose to keep the status quo, we deserve what we get. That's on us.

#ForwardParty

Last edited:
More research illustrates the CEO has children who identify as something other than “normal” so she is trying to normalize their behavior by changing Disney. Is that really enhancing shareholder value? Nope. Is picking fights with DeSantis and the legislature? Nope.

What is her agenda?

The CEO of Disney is a male with 3 grown children.

Can you provide some links to Dem Govts going after employers, bank accounts credit card companies, gofundme acts, PayPal ect of people they disagree with politically.

Again, the question for discussion is: are we ready to endorse retaliatory government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?
There is a big difference in secretively "sicking" the IRS on your enemies and openly passing a law to remove tax special tax breaks for a company that hardly any other company gets anyway. If a company wants to be a political voice rather than serve its customers, don't be surprised if the other side provides opposition.

The chick who is the board chair on their board. Not CEO I misspoke. And you ran away when I gave you the Brooklyn Nets example.

Nope, but I did log off for the night. The Brooklyn Nets example failed because the law in NJ was not written only for them. The law was not done to target them alone. Every company in the state had the same rules.

Oh, and her children are grown adults so it seems unlikely your view of her motivation is correct.

Nope, but I did log off for the night. The Brooklyn Nets example failed because the law in NJ was not written only for them. The law was not done to target them alone. Every company in the state had the same rules.
The law punished an NBA team like no other NBA team sans the Knicks and Raptors (Canada). So the Govt punished a player and two teams. Govt may do as it wishes. Same as you’re seeing in Disney. So if Fla takes away the special privileges from other companies as well you’re ok with it?

The law punished an NBA team like no other NBA team sans the Knicks and Raptors (Canada). So the Govt punished a player and two teams. Govt may do as it wishes. Same as you’re seeing in Disney. So if Fla takes away the special privileges from other companies as well you’re ok with it?

Yes, I have said this all along. I think it is wrong to write a bill for the purpose of punishing one particular company. That is what Fla did

Can you provide some links to Dem Govts going after employers, bank accounts credit card companies, gofundme acts, PayPal ect of people they disagree with politically.

Forum List

Back