Millions of Trump voters just basically voted to cut their pay.

It is something that covers salary workers, not hourly.
If paying more for hours worked over 40 is mandatory, and they are not allowed to reduce the paycheck for hours not met, this is a bad deal for the company. Salary works well for both the employee and the company, it allows both to have a set dollar amount for planning purposes. paying overtime to a salary employee takes away the benefit of a fixed expense from the company. At this point, my choice of an employer would be to no longer have salary positions in the first place. If an employee was salary at 45,000 a year, I would move him to hourly at 21.65 an hour and pay him only the hours worked. (and paid vacations).
The employee would lose in that deal.
There is also hourly pay with no extra over time pay, and this is suitable, IMO, for cases where an employee might want to work extra hours to meet a deadline, etc, without riding the clock or costing his employer an excessive rate.
and again, that is usually rewarded with paid timeoff.
I never complained about it
me either. I haven't gotten overtime pay for almost ten years now. plenty of holiday's and weekends in that timeframe. I was rewarded with additional time off.

The GOP hates the working man and sucks the rich mans dick every chance they get. To hell with the GOP.

Abolish the gop and chase them out of this country.
who was the biggest group to vote for trump? Do you even fking know? The group you just posted your stupid with. THE WORKING MAN. holy fk are you a loser. Dude, you are getting worse. You must have a virus and you can't shake it and your mind is dying.
The poor dupes...

now wait, did the middle class vote for Trump or Clinton? I'm now confused. I thought all you lefts were saying the GOP isn't for working man? Now we're concerned they might lose something they did vote for? are you sure? come on. stop playing around in here. which is it?

How is this a benefit for the working man?
define working man. it's what I asked. I thought the middle class didn't vote for Trump. So how is this any news about anyone voting for trump?

Define it any way you like. Now, how does this benefit the working man?

Again, the sentiment on this forum is as is.medicare is bad. Health insurance is bad. Safety regulations awful. FMLA beyond bad. Medicare bad. Let's see now. Paid time off bad. Vacation days bad. Unions beyond bad. Wages generally are too high. Workers should give it their all every day. Calling in sick inexcusable. The list is growing. Anti worker is the overall message. Talk about all, I mean every single thing on that list being bad.....is truly the sign of anti american ideas.

I truly believe having to give 2 weeks notice is an infringement upon a persons freedom. Unnecessary and goes against liberty.

The drivers of the ObamaEconomy: Unemployment, food stamps and part time work

Try putting that on someones plate when they get hungry from not receiving time and a half. Essentially this is so indefensible the only option you have is to complain about liberals and ignore that liberals arent the only people who earn time and a half pay.

Obama's $10 Trillion debt has done more damage to the economy that anyone dared to dream
No, it was pretty much expected. After Bush passed the Bust tax cuts costing trillions in revenue and the GOP helped business move millions of jobs to China and close over 43,000 factories which cost trillions more, and the unpaid for wars costing trillions, the US lost all that revenue. When you knock all the revenue from the US government, the only way it could still run in by borrowing. And Republicans blocked anything Obama tried to do to raise revenue or pay down the debt.

You would have to be a total tard to not know that. Not only was the history fairly recent, but Republicans boasted about doing it.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says

Republicans held millions of Republicans who lost their jobs under their GOP leadership hostage and that president couldn't let Republicans suffer because he was president for all Americans. Even when they wanted him destroyed. He is better than they are, obviously.

He is better than they are, obviously.

As proven by the destruction of the Democrat Party under his watch, obviously.

This is where the fun begins. "Trump Dumps on Chumps!" Should we start here, or when he announced that he is not going to throw Hillary in jail? No? Well, what about him deciding that he is not going to repeal Obamacare? Well, then there was that climate change agreement that he may not renege on. Then, of course, there is the wall, that is really a fence.

Has anyone noticed that Trump's nose seems to be getting longer, sort of like Nixon's?
nope haven't noticed anything close to your post. infact, I'd say you lie. but that's ok cause we already knew it.

Sorry, JC, but all of these policy reversals are coming directly from the Cheeto Twitter in Chief, not from me......

Millions of Donald Trump voters to lose overtime pay the moment he takes office

Millions of Donald Trump voters to lose overtime pay the moment he takes office
Republicans have made their clear their wish to roll back a number of Barack Obama's initiatives

Many millions of Americans who voted for Donald Trump could find themselves losing their right to overtime pay as soon as he takes office.

Political observers pointed out that one of the things Mr Trump has undertaken to push forward with, is to reverse a planned pay boost enacted by President Barack Obama.

Part of the regulation - that is due to go into effect on December 1 - demands that companies pay time-and-a-half overtime to workers who make less than $47,000 a year.
=========================================================================

:eusa_clap: Way to Trumpkin Bumpkins. A one month pay raise, to be taken away by Turkey Neck McConnell , overgrown frat boy Ryan, and billionaire man of the people Donald Trump.

What a joke. Demonizing the GOP over this stuff is gonna make replacing them all in 2018 and 2020 a cinch.

Uh. Moron. A federal court has already stayed this Obama Admin attempt to write a law outside of the legislative process.

Obama's plan to extend overtime pay to 4 million workers is blocked

This is where the fun begins. "Trump Dumps on Chumps!" Should we start here, or when he announced that he is not going to throw Hillary in jail? No? Well, what about him deciding that he is not going to repeal Obamacare? Well, then there was that climate change agreement that he may not renege on. Then, of course, there is the wall, that is really a fence.

Has anyone noticed that Trump's nose seems to be getting longer, sort of like Nixon's?

Or Obama's?

Wait and see what he does before criticizing him. Right now there is civil unrest in several places across the country. The last thing Trump wants to be responsible for his putting gas on the fire. Once he's sworn in and the clueless figure out there is nothing more they can do, they'll get off the streets and go home, and then Trump can carry out what he wants to do.

Since Trump is not waiting until he is president to back out of all his campaign promises, I see no particular reason to wait until he is president before calling him out for doing so.....
huh? what exactly can trump do before he's sworn in? What exactly has he backed away from?

Here. I copied another poster's contribution on this topic to kind of help you along:

upload_2016-11-23_14-42-59.png

***15 Flip Flops in 15 Days

On his predecessor:
“I think president Obama has been the most ignorant president in our history…President Obama when he became president, he didn't know anything. This guy didn’t know a thing. And honestly, today he knows less. Today, he knows less. He has done a terrible job.” (Press conference in Florida, July 27, 2016)

“I have great respect…I very much look forward to dealing with the President in the future, including counsel. He explained some of the difficulties, some of the high-flying assets and some of the really great things that have been achieved.” (White House, November 10, 2016)

On anti-Trump protesters:
“Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!” (Twitter, November 10, 2016, 9:19pm ET)

“Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!” (Twitter, November 11, 2016, 6:14am ET)

On Obamacare:
“It’s gotta go.” (CNN, July 30, 2015)

“I like those [the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies] very much.” (Wall Street Journal, November 11, 2016)

On the border wall:
“Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "fence." It's not a fence, Jeb, it's a WALL, and there's a BIG difference!” (Twitter, August 25, 2015)

“There could be some fencing.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On gay marriage:
“If I’m elected, I would be very strong on putting certain judges on the bench that I think maybe could change things…I don’t like the way they ruled…I would strongly consider [trying to appoint justices to overrule the decision on same-sex marriage].” (Fox News Sunday, January 31, 2016)

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law. It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done…And I’m fine with that.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On locking her up:
“If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation. There has never been so many lies, so much exception. There has never been anything like it. We will have a special prosecutor. I go out and speak and the people of this country are furious. The long time workers at the FBI are furious. There has never been anything like this with emails. You get a subpoena and after getting the subpoena you delete 33,000 emails and acid wash them or bleach them. An expensive process. We will get a special prosecutor and look into it. You know what, people have been—their lives have been destroyed for doing one-fifth of what you have done. You should be ashamed.” (Second Presidential Debate, October 9, 2016)

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t…It’s just not something that I feel very strongly about.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On deporting illegal immigrants:
“We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally. They will go out.” (CNN-Republican Debate, February 25, 2016)

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, we have a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

On the generals:
“Well the generals under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have not been very successful.” (Commander-in-Chief Forum, September 7, 2016)

“We have some great generals. We have great generals.” (60 Minutes, November 13, 2016)

"Well, I’ll be honest with you, I probably do [know more about ISIS than the generals do] because look at the job they’ve done. Okay? Look at the job they’ve done. They haven’t done the job.” (60 Minutes, less than a minute later)

On nuclear Japan:
“Well I think maybe it’s not so bad to have Japan — if Japan had that nuclear threat, I’m not sure that would be a bad thing for us.” (New York Times, March 26, 2016)

“The @nytimes states today that DJT believes "more countries should acquire nuclear weapons." How dishonest are they. I never said this!” (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

On the Electoral College:
“The electoral college is a disaster for democracy.” (Twitter, November 06, 2012)

“The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!” (Twitter, November 15, 2016)

“I'd rather do the popular vote.” Says he was "never a fan of the electoral college." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the Trump University lawsuit:
“Trump University has a 98% approval rating. I could have settled but won't out of principle!” (Twitter, February 29, 2016)

“I don't settle cases…I won’t settle because it’s an easy case to win in court.” (Morning Joe, March 3, 2016)

“I settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our country” (Twitter, November 19, 2016)

On man-made climate change:
“I am not a great believer in man-made climate change.” (Washington Post, March 21, 2016)

“I think there is some connectivity. Some, something.” (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the Paris climate agreement:
“We’re going to cancel the Paris Climate Agreement” (Policy address in North Dakota, May 26, 2016)

“I have an open mind to it." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On torture:
“Torture works. OK, folks? You know, I have these guys—‘Torture doesn’t work!’—believe me, it works. And waterboarding is your minor form. Some people say it’s not actually torture. Let’s assume it is. But they asked me the question: What do you think of waterboarding? Absolutely fine. But we should go much stronger than waterboarding.” (South Carolina, February 17, 2016)

“[Mattis] said, ‘I’ve never found it to be useful…Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.’…I was very impressed by that answer… [Torture is] not going to make the kind of a difference that a lot of people are thinking.’’ (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

On the New York Times:
"Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the 'Trump phenomena.'" (Twitter, November 13, 2016)

“I have great respect for the New York Times. I have tremendous respect…The New York Times is a world jewel. And I hope we can all get along." (New York Times, November 22, 2016)

I truly believe having to give 2 weeks notice is an infringement upon a persons freedom. Unnecessary and goes against liberty.

Where is it written that 2 weeks notice is required? It's customary, not a requirement.

Yeah but, many places use past employer references to select a new employee. Not given proper notice to one of your last employers could determine if you get that new job your really wanted.

Try putting that on someones plate when they get hungry from not receiving time and a half. Essentially this is so indefensible the only option you have is to complain about liberals and ignore that liberals arent the only people who earn time and a half pay.

Obama's $10 Trillion debt has done more damage to the economy that anyone dared to dream
No, it was pretty much expected. After Bush passed the Bust tax cuts costing trillions in revenue and the GOP helped business move millions of jobs to China and close over 43,000 factories which cost trillions more, and the unpaid for wars costing trillions, the US lost all that revenue. When you knock all the revenue from the US government, the only way it could still run in by borrowing. And Republicans blocked anything Obama tried to do to raise revenue or pay down the debt.

You would have to be a total tard to not know that. Not only was the history fairly recent, but Republicans boasted about doing it.

Republicans held millions of Republicans who lost their jobs under their GOP leadership hostage and that president couldn't let Republicans suffer because he was president for all Americans. Even when they wanted him destroyed. He is better than they are, obviously.

One has nothing to do with the other Stretch

Republicans were mean and did bad things that hurt the people.
Obama was nice and did good things that helped the people.

That's why the Democrat Party has been decimated since Obama took office.
Because he did such a super awesome job.

DERP!

Where is it written that 2 weeks notice is required? It's customary, not a requirement.

Yeah but, many places use past employer references to select a new employee. Not given proper notice to one of your last employers could determine if you get that new job your really wanted.

So it's a benefit for the employee not to leave their employer in a lurch, not a requirement. I know the last place I worked, I handed them a letter saying I was leaving effective immediately and I left.

Republicans were mean and did bad things that hurt the people.
Obama was nice and did good things that helped the people.

That's why the Democrat Party has been decimated since Obama took office.
Because he did such a super awesome job.

DERP!

One has nothing to do with the other.

The GOP hates the working man and sucks the rich mans dick every chance they get. To hell with the GOP.

Abolish the gop and chase them out of this country.
who was the biggest group to vote for trump? Do you even fking know? The group you just posted your stupid with. THE WORKING MAN. holy fk are you a loser. Dude, you are getting worse. You must have a virus and you can't shake it and your mind is dying.

The point of the post is to suggest the the WORKING MAN was fooled into voting against his interests.

The con job involves using the Culture War to cajole uninformed people into the voting booth where they pull the lever for tax, regulatory, labor and trade policies that benefit a very small group of people.

Trump added Trade Policy to the formula in order to flip Rust Belt democrats who haven't seen livable wages since Reagan dismantled their unions and overturned the postwar compact that tied American Capital to American Labor.
but you libs said that trump didn't get the working man's vote. So which is it? He did or didn't?

I wasn't in that email loop.

Republicans have long had a powerful outreach program to all economic classes, including poor workers.

Reagan's conservatism (tradition, religion, family values), patriotism and national security played very well amongst white workers who felt betrayed by the post 50s Left which traded the New Deal for race, gender and lifestyle politics.

Put simply: The old FDR Rust Belt Democrat (e.g., northern Catholic union workers) didn't identify with pot smoking anti-war hippies, gays, bra burners and atheists. Conservatism was the perfect tool to peel them off the liberal plantation, and it's why the once liberal Reagan remade himself into a man of God.

Last edited:
The working man has no candidate when the candidates are uber wealthy. Uber wealthy folk like hip liar and rump surely care about working folk.......and if you believe that...

So you would vote for a plumber as President?

With the exception of Trump, most everybody has to have a long career in politics to get a chance at being President. That means they're probably already wealthy.

I would never take a wage or job protected position....I'm just not a slave....

I love what I do, and could care less who I do it for......I am always looking to progress to anywhere I desire to progress to.....

If it works for you, I am good with that....but realize, one size does not fit all....

Wage and Job Protected meaning my pay cannot be reduced if forced into another job and I cannot be laid off under any circumstances. Fired, yes; but not laid off.

There's nowhere else I want to progress to. I was offered a Supervisor job a,couple years back and turned it down. I'm quite content where I am.

No, one size doesn't fit all. When we Unionized in 2007, about 25% of the department left for non-union jobs. By the end of 2011, all but one of those 19 people who left the department had been laid off by the company. I smiled and waved as they went out the door.

So it's a benefit for the employee not to leave their employer in a lurch, not a requirement. I know the last place I worked, I handed them a letter saying I was leaving effective immediately and I left.

Years after I was hired at my current job where I've been the last 22 years, my employer and I were having a discussion about employees as we were looking for one at the time. He told me one of the reasons he hired me was because my impressive references. Sure, I had various problems with the jobs I've had in the past; that's why I left in the first place. But they all gave me a good reference because I did a good job while there, and did give them proper notice when I left.

Employers kind of have to watch what they say when giving references so they don't get sued for something. One of the most often used questions is "If I don't hire Ray from Cleveland, and you have a job opening at your business, would you hire him back?" A lot depends on the answer they get. If you just walk off the job giving your former employer the finger, you know how they are going to answer that question.

Forum List

Back