Slavery Reparations is immoral

Nobody is getting slavery reparations.

No, but dimocrap scum can push the hell out of it and call us racists for not agreeing with their lunacy.

How is that different than anything else they do?
And Trump doesn't appeal to groups who think they have grievances?

I wasn't a huge Biden fan, but he really did/does sincerely see all Americans sharing a social/political heritage

Sure he does

Biden: 'White man's culture' has to change - CNN Video
You have some problem with the concept that women have not been treated with common respect?
Yes it is not true.

Whether he did it intentionally or just out of ignorance he stated an outright lie.

The rule of thumb expression was never taken from or applied to a stick for beating women.

There are several historic descriptions of where this expression originated

Some say it came from Carpenters used to measure the thickness of boards. Others say it came from mushroom farmers for measuring the size of a mushroom cloud. Other origins are claimed by others.

However the idea of using it to measure the size of a beat down stick for women came from the movie boondocks saints and there is no such reference in legal history.

Either Biden is so stupid he thinks Hollywood is real or he just lied to support this concept you asked about

If one has to use fictional stories to support a concept then the concept is false.

He verbally ridiculed centuries of jurisprudence which includes concepts such as presumption of innocence and due process

He ridiculed centuries of legal development to make it sound like an oppressive tool of evil white men

He is a rotten bastard and liar.

Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
It’s not immoral. In fact it is the definition of morality.

That said it’s impractical and stupid both politically and fiscally.

How does one put a value on the legacy of slavery? You could no more do that than figure who deserves what slice of that pie
It is immoral and the antithesis of morality

One cannot put a value on what living whites owe to blacks because they owe nothing.

A man might suffer because his grandfather was murdered but the grandson of the murderer is not responsible and owes no debt.

No one owes a fucking dime to any descendents of slaves and every person of every race had ancestors who were slaves at one time or another

I do ask: what of the white slaves brought to America? Do they get reparations too??

upload_2019-4-10_11-27-39.gif
upload_2019-4-10_11-31-4.gif

British Convicts Shipped to American Colonies on JSTOR

Greg

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-10_11-28-12.gif
    upload_2019-4-10_11-28-12.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
  • upload_2019-4-10_11-28-28.gif
    upload_2019-4-10_11-28-28.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 10
  • upload_2019-4-10_11-29-2.gif
    upload_2019-4-10_11-29-2.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 13
What we'll get is a STUDY. That's what this is about.

What is the lingering effect of slavery and Jim Crow...

What can be reasonably done to mitigate those effects.

who knows. Maybe the study will say what the racists are saying...that there are no lingering effects or that there is nothing that can be done.

Yep, this is a study.

Now let me drop a small fact in this for the opposition.

Special Field Orders, No. 15 (series 1865) were military orders issued during the American Civil War, on January 16, 1865, by General William Tecumseh Sherman, commander of the Military Division of the Mississippi of the United States Army.[1] They provided for the confiscation of 400,000 acres (1,600 km2) of land along the Atlantic coast of South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida and the dividing of it into parcels of not more than 40 acres (0.16 km2),[2] on which were to be settled approximately 18,000 formerly enslaved families and other Blacks then living in the area.

The orders were issued following Sherman's March to the Sea. They were intended to address the immediate problem of dealing with the tens of thousands of black refugees who had joined Sherman's march in search of protection and sustenance, and "to assure the harmony of action in the area of operations".[3] His intention was for the order to be a temporary measure to address an immediate problem, and not to grant permanent ownership of the land to the freedmen, although most of the recipients assumed otherwise.[4] General Sherman issued his orders four days after meeting in Savannah, Georgia with twenty local black ministers and lay leaders and with U.S. Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton. Brig. Gen. Rufus Saxton, an abolitionist from Massachusetts who had previously organized the recruitment of black soldiers for the Union Army, was put in charge of implementing the orders.[5]

The orders had little concrete effect, and President Andrew Johnson issued a proclamation that returned the lands to southern owners that took a loyalty oath.

Special Field Orders No. 15 - Wikipedia

The reality of this situation is that blacks were promised reparations after slavery and the President decided to break the promise.

This order is part of the Official Records of the American Civil War. It can be found in Series I — Military Operations, Volume XLVII, Part II, Pages 60–62. The volume was published in 1895.
And that promise was made to black people long since dead

Their great great grand children are owed nothing

Furthermore Sherman was a general acting out of the scope of his authority

Instead of coming up with the lame argument of who was alive or who wasn't alive why aren't any of you dumb white bastards talking about how RIDICULOUS it is that America's STILL struggling w/their inherent racism and bigotry today?[/QUOTE

Because you along with many others continue to perpetuate it.

It starts with individuals

So stop being a racist.

Africa started African slavery and slavery continues in Africa today. When are US Blacks enraged about Slavery in the US 150 years ago going to give a flying fuck about slavery in 2019 Africa?

Does tax payers count?
Have you ever talked to the IRS? I was once told in no uncertain terms that my money is NOT my money that it's the GOVERNMENT's money and they can do with it whatever they want.

I kid you not.
Yup.....and it's my taxes that will be going to the reparations....and I never owned one.
Did you ever think about the fact that every black person in the U.S. has had to pay taxes as well, even when the law made us second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits and services which our taxes paid for as white people? How is that justified or fair?

And you dont' get to tell the government how it spend it's money. I shouldn't have to pay for things that are used to violate my constitutional rights but for the time being, that's what the setup is.

Does tax payers count?
Have you ever talked to the IRS? I was once told in no uncertain terms that my money is NOT my money that it's the GOVERNMENT's money and they can do with it whatever they want.

I kid you not.
Yup.....and it's my taxes that will be going to the reparations....and I never owned one.
Did you ever think about the fact that every black person in the U.S. has had to pay taxes as well, even when the law made us second class citizens, not entitled to the same benefits and services which our taxes paid for as white people? How is that justified or fair?

And you dont' get to tell the government how it spend it's money. I shouldn't have to pay for things that are used to violate my constitutional rights but for the time being, that's what the setup is.
I can't imagine what the slaves from Africa went through, and it wasn't right, but, that's not where we are today.
If reparations are handed out....that would set back racism 100 years, IMO.
I just love how identity politics is tearing the fabric of our country by pitting one against another.

Anyways, I just hope you're successful in life and glad that you haven't worn the chains of the past..

Does tax payers count?

I kid you not.

Again...I’m all for reparations for any living former slave. You paid taxes as a second class citizen? So did Italian, Irish, Jewish, and German immigrants when they came here legally.

Best reparations for slavery is to tear down confederate monuments

monumentindex.jpg
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
So y'all just keep on erasing history and soon much will be forgotten and hence, repeated. Monuments and memorials can be used to enlighten those who would protect from repetition as well as those who might honor the deed.
In another sense, this is just a bunch of spoiled brats acting out and destroying stuff. Wait until they think your stuff needs destruction.
Those monuments glorify the confederacy

A nation that should be condemned
Nation that was created because of issues that were not clarified at the Constitutional Convention.

Does tax payers count?

I kid you not.

White people pay for everything that violates our constitutional rights.

monumentindex.jpg
Your an Orwellian threat to our nation. Statues. MUST be kept on display.
They should be public urinals
They are living reminders of history. The communist in Stalinist Russia attempted to rewrite history. The Taliban destroyed statues and you want to do the same.

They are reminders of a society built to preserve slavery. They were not erected after the Civil War, they were erected to remind all of white supremacy

monumentindex.jpg
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana
So y'all just keep on erasing history and soon much will be forgotten and hence, repeated. Monuments and memorials can be used to enlighten those who would protect from repetition as well as those who might honor the deed.
In another sense, this is just a bunch of spoiled brats acting out and destroying stuff. Wait until they think your stuff needs destruction.
Those monuments glorify the confederacy

A nation that should be condemned
Nation that was created because of issues that were not clarified at the Constitutional Convention.
They saw their slave society eroding as new states entered the union

candace_owens_photo_by_zach_gibsongetty_images_0.jpg

Candace Owens: ‘White Nationalism’ Didn’t Do This Damage to Blacks, ‘Democrat Policies Did’

Here are some things we never hear. Seventy-five percent of the black boys in California don't meet state reading standards. In inner cities like Baltimore within five high schools and one middle school not a single student was found to be proficient in math or reading in 2016. The singlehood--the single motherhood rate in the black community, which is at 23 percent in the 1960s when my grandfather was coming out, is at a staggering 74 percent today. I am guessing there will be no committee hearings about that.

There are more black babies aborted than born alive in cities like New York and you have Democrat Governor Andrew Cuomo lighting up buildings to celebrate late-term abortions. I could go on and on.

My point is that white nationalist--white nationalism did not do any of those things that I just brought up. Democrat policies did..."

dimocraps are scum

Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
Who exactly would it punish & how?

Um, anyone who has their money taken away who has never owned a slave?
Really? Our government is going to garnish your check or attach your bank account due to the offenses it committed and/or allowed?

They don't have to garnish my check, you halfwit. They already TAX it. Do you really think you're winning something by pretending you're oblivious and obtuse and can't possibly grasp even the most rudimentary points of a discussion without having them explained to you in excruciating detail? I mean, I don't personally think playing dumb is a useful debate point, but then, my purpose isn't to delay and derail the conversation.

Let me clarify for your nearly-as-dumb-as-you-pretend-to-be self, and then maybe the people with functioning brain cells can get back to talking without your mindless "Gosh, is water wet?" interruptions.

Reparations are money given to people for whatever crime was allegedly committed against them.

Money has to come from somewhere.

The government gets all its money, ultimately, from taxpayers.

Reparations would therefore be money the government takes from one group of people and gives to another group.

Now, if you could at least pretend not to be a braindead cow for two seconds, it would be helpful. Try hard.

No, but dimocrap scum can push the hell out of it and call us racists for not agreeing with their lunacy.

How is that different than anything else they do?
And Trump doesn't appeal to groups who think they have grievances?

I wasn't a huge Biden fan, but he really did/does sincerely see all Americans sharing a social/political heritage

Sure he does

Biden: 'White man's culture' has to change - CNN Video
You have some problem with the concept that women have not been treated with common respect?
Yes it is not true.

Whether he did it intentionally or just out of ignorance he stated an outright lie.

The rule of thumb expression was never taken from or applied to a stick for beating women.

There are several historic descriptions of where this expression originated

Some say it came from Carpenters used to measure the thickness of boards. Others say it came from mushroom farmers for measuring the size of a mushroom cloud. Other origins are claimed by others.

However the idea of using it to measure the size of a beat down stick for women came from the movie boondocks saints and there is no such reference in legal history.

Either Biden is so stupid he thinks Hollywood is real or he just lied to support this concept you asked about

If one has to use fictional stories to support a concept then the concept is false.

He verbally ridiculed centuries of jurisprudence which includes concepts such as presumption of innocence and due process

He ridiculed centuries of legal development to make it sound like an oppressive tool of evil white men

He is a rotten bastard and liar.

Ben Shapiro spoke on this. He said that whole "beating women rule" thing is recorded exactly once in judicial history, and the judge who said it was mocked and ridiculed mercilessly for it for the rest of his career. It was certainly NOT part of accepted jurisprudence.

Forum List

Back