The Argument for A Wealth Tax

If a man builds a better mousetrap, he deserves every dollar he earns. Liberal retards consider that person to be a thief, and believe that entrepreneur should be severely punished.

That kind of wealth is beautiful and good. Liberal retard leeches wants you to bleev it is ill-gotten gains.

But there is an entirely different kind of wealth concentration which has been occurring for quite some time now right under your noses. This kind of wealth concentration is achieved through legislation which tilts the playing field to the advantage of sclerotic special interests who can no longer compete on a level playing field.

And these thieves have all the legal protections of the State to rob you blind.

There is natural concentration of wealth and there is an unnatural concentration of wealth. Thomas Jefferson and James Madison used to correspond about what to do about the unnatural concentration of wealth. And one of Jefferson's solutions was to propose a progressive tax. But not to the extent of choking production to death.

Getting rich from building a better mousetrap or making Hollywood movies is a natural concentration of wealth, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Taxing the rich more to mitigate the unnatural concentration of wealth is the simpleton's means of treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

The unnatural concentration of wealth, the tilting of the playing field, is being accomplished through government legislation. So the obvious cure is to fix or delete the legislation which is tilting the field.

If your house was being robbed on a regular basis, and the police were providing protection to the thieves, how retarded would you have to be to say, "To solve this problem, we need to tax everyone who lives in a bigger house than me more"?

You'd have to be as retarded as Bernie Sanders.

But you would also have to be pretty retarded to deny there isn't a problem with the unnatural concentration of wealth at the expense of everyone else, to deny you aren't being robbed blind. You would have to be severely retarded to defend those who are stealing from you.

Liberals and libertarians are not wrong when they say we are being robbed. The liberal solutions are seriously retarded, though.
I don't see a more progressive income tax as evil, esp when local taxes are undeniably regressive, and state and payroll taxes have no great claim to progressivity.

90% seems a bit punitive though. LOL. Reagan was at 50%
If I had my druthers, we would eliminate all income taxes and enact the Fair Tax, with ZERO exemptions.

If we had to keep the income tax, I would eliminate all deductions, credits, and exemptions.

That right there would go a long way toward stopping the unnatural concentration of wealth.

And we could lower tax rates for everyone.
If I had my druthers, pretty much all taxation would be on general fair tax principles. But if we are to leave our kids the means to have both a natl defense and a social safety net, federal taxes are going to have to be more progressive, and programs at least frozen with reductions in per capita benefits.

EDIT But Trump sold the rubes on "the rich paying their fair share" and "a bigger better healthcare system," so the dems don't want to be denied the same opportunity. (-:

And it might play really good in rural Wisc Pa and Mich

Interesting idea. It would end a lot of debt and funding issues

Consider

US wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90%

The top 1/10 of one per cent own almost 25% of the nation's wealth

That's the same amount of wealth as the bottom NINETY PER CENT of the county

In that light a 2% wealth tax isn't that outrageous

I haven't checked the numbers but I have read that it could provide 30 trillion dollars over 10 years.

Health care

Education

Green New Deal

The argument against.

1) it's stupid
2) it would lead to massive needs for liquidation of fixed assets in some cases, which requires buyers, who would also probably be trying to liquidate assets
3) It's Unconstitutional at the Federal level.
1. Thanks for your stupid opinion

2. For a two per cent tax?

3.on what basis? States already tax wealth (property taxes)

Also, say a person owns $500 million is assets, that's another $10 million in taxes, above their income taxes, property taxes, and other taxes. that means they have to have $10 million in liquid assets they don't use for anything else, or now they have to sell something to raise that money.

Now create a market where many people have to sell assets to pay the tax, where will you find anyone to buy them?

We already have multiple wealth taxes. Income, property, and investment returns are taxed, then taxed again. We pay sales taxes, gasoline taxes, income taxes, real estate, and property taxes. If you make a lot of money you are taxes, marginally at higher and higher rates!

Maybe government should be forced to live within its means? We have RECORD FEDERAL INCOME TAX REVENUE right now.

Wealth which has already been taxed once when it was earned.

That's an entirely lame argument.You know better than that Money is taxed numerous ways and numerous times. A sales tax is levied on money that has already been taxed at least once by an income tax.

And the 16th established NOT that an income tax is allowed...but HOW it is apportioned, which was the issue. That same argument can be applied to a wealth tax
I just don't see the rationale for a wealth tax, unless you think it necessary to punish people who earned more.

Now there is an economic argument for estate taxes. The Gates are smart enough to know that just letting their child try to run Msft would result in a failure. But not everyone is that smart. See, e.g. the Trumps

When our righties figure out tat you are getting ripped off by the extreme wealthy. Look at TV and the cost. Look at the internet and see the cost if you don't live on top of your neighbor. The wealthy are refusing to pay a fair and living wage to the people they use. They are not doing you a big favor to hire you. You work for them so they can make money yet they do not seem willing to pay the cost of their employees. They force the government to pick up the costs of their employees.
So yes I think it more than fair to take back what they have stolen.
What is a fair and living wage?

We already have multiple wealth taxes. Income, property, and investment returns are taxed, then taxed again. We pay sales taxes, gasoline taxes, income taxes, real estate, and property taxes. If you make a lot of money you are taxes, marginally at higher and higher rates!

Maybe government should be forced to live within its means? We have RECORD FEDERAL INCOME TAX REVENUE right now.
You will be ignored for that comment just I was ignored about mine. The liberal mind has the capacity to ignore and that is about it..

You will be ignored for that comment just I was ignored about mine. The liberal mind has the capacity to ignore and that is about it..
You are only ignored for lying in saying the deficts can be controlled by cutting spending on the poor.

If a man builds a better mousetrap, he deserves every dollar he earns. Liberal retards consider that person to be a thief, and believe that entrepreneur should be severely punished.

That kind of wealth is beautiful and good. Liberal retard leeches wants you to bleev it is ill-gotten gains.

But there is an entirely different kind of wealth concentration which has been occurring for quite some time now right under your noses. This kind of wealth concentration is achieved through legislation which tilts the playing field to the advantage of sclerotic special interests who can no longer compete on a level playing field.

There is natural concentration of wealth and there is an unnatural concentration of wealth. Thomas Jefferson and James Madison used to correspond about what to do about the unnatural concentration of wealth. And one of Jefferson's solutions was to propose a progressive tax. But not to the extent of choking production to death.

Getting rich from building a better mousetrap or making Hollywood movies is a natural concentration of wealth, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Taxing the rich more to mitigate the unnatural concentration of wealth is the simpleton's means of treating the symptoms instead of the disease.

The unnatural concentration of wealth, the tilting of the playing field, is being accomplished through government legislation. So the obvious cure is to fix or delete the legislation which is tilting the field.

If your house was being robbed on a regular basis, and the police were providing protection to the thieves, how retarded would you have to be to say, "To solve this problem, we need to tax everyone who lives in a bigger house than me more"?

But you would also have to be pretty retarded to deny there isn't a problem with the unnatural concentration of wealth at the expense of everyone else, to deny you aren't being robbed blind. You would have to be severely retarded to defend those who are stealing from you.

Liberals and libertarians are not wrong when they say we are being robbed. The liberal solutions are seriously retarded, though.
I don't see a more progressive income tax as evil, esp when local taxes are undeniably regressive, and state and payroll taxes have no great claim to progressivity.

If I had my druthers, we would eliminate all income taxes and enact the Fair Tax, with ZERO exemptions.

If we had to keep the income tax, I would eliminate all deductions, credits, and exemptions.

That right there would go a long way toward stopping the unnatural concentration of wealth.

If I had my druthers, pretty much all taxation would be on general fair tax principles. But if we are to leave our kids the means to have both a natl defense and a social safety net, federal taxes are going to have to be more progressive, and programs at least frozen with reductions in per capita benefits.

EDIT But Trump sold the rubes on "the rich paying their fair share" and "a bigger better healthcare system," so the dems don't want to be denied the same opportunity. (-:

Here're the cool things about the Fair Tax.

1) It's a tax on consumption. An income tax is a tax on production. The more you tax something, the less of it you get. So a tax on consumption is superior to a tax on production.

2) Everyone has skin in the game and thus become better caretakers of the national treasury. Then, if someone decides the government should provide free puppies to hookers, EVERYONE has to pay for it with an increase in the Fair Tax.

3) The prebate in the Fair Tax offsets the regressive nature of a sales tax. The prebate covers the tax on necessities.

4) You can't hide a tax increase in the Fair Tax. Everyone notices it and feels it immediately. Again, this will make everyone better caretakers of the federal treasury.

You are only ignored for lying in saying the deficts can be controlled by cutting spending on the poor.
I am not lying, you sack of shit. Take away the incentive for lazy ass liberals to sit on their asses, and do nothing, and soon they will either work, or try to steal other peoples property.

The new face of SNAP? Food stamps buy lobster for surfer and his buddies [VIDEO]
Greenslate, a 29-year-old La Jolla California surfer and musician who sings that he does not want a “motherfucking job” and has “fuck no” guilt about living on $200 of what he calls “free money ” — or what the government called Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Benefits — while he avoids a job to hang out on the beach, sing and chase women.
I would rather shoot the son of a bitch, as a post birth abortion and then use his body parts to help others, and I wouldn't charge a dime for the parts...

Wealth which has already been taxed once when it was earned.

That's an entirely lame argument.You know better than that Money is taxed numerous ways and numerous times. A sales tax is levied on money that has already been taxed at least once by an income tax.

And the 16th established NOT that an income tax is allowed...but HOW it is apportioned, which was the issue. That same argument can be applied to a wealth tax
Ah. So your argument is, "We already tax the shit out of people, so we should tax them even more!"
LOL...not exactly..but you seem to realize that your other arguments don't hold water.

There's that

Funny...you used to care about debt. I guess only if you can reduce it by putting it on the middle class and poor.

Oh well

Here're the cool things about the Fair Tax.

1) It's a tax on consumption. An income tax is a tax on production. The more you tax something, the less of it you get. So a tax on consumption is superior to a tax on production.

2) Everyone has skin in the game and thus become better caretakers of the national treasury. Then, if someone decides the government should provide free puppies to hookers, EVERYONE has to pay for it with an increase in the Fair Tax.

3) The prebate in the Fair Tax offsets the regressive nature of a sales tax. The prebate covers the tax on necessities.

4) You can't hide a tax increase in the Fair Tax. Everyone notices it and feels it immediately. Again, this will make everyone better caretakers of the federal treasury.
There have been various names for this but it is essentially a flat tax. And for a flat tax to be revenue neutral it would have to be in the range of 17-20%.

A HUGE tax cut for the wealthy and a hefty INCREASE for most of the middle class

TJ was also in favor of a HEFTY inheritance tax to prevent the accumulation of wealth at the top that we now see

When our righties figure out tat you are getting ripped off by the extreme wealthy. Look at TV and the cost. Look at the internet and see the cost if you don't live on top of your neighbor. The wealthy are refusing to pay a fair and living wage to the people they use. They are not doing you a big favor to hire you. You work for them so they can make money yet they do not seem willing to pay the cost of their employees. They force the government to pick up the costs of their employees.
So yes I think it more than fair to take back what they have stolen.
And there it is.

This is the mindset behind every tard who wants to take the rich more. You people are thieves claiming the victim of your theft deserved to have his property stolen.

Reminds me of a post I made during the 2012 election cycle:

]
1eq3wh.jpg

Did you know Mitt Romney bought an elevator for his car?!?

fkwug7.jpg

What?!?! How could he do that?

2yws67b.jpg

He didn't EARN that money!!!

eun9ro.jpg

That's OUR money.

16hqln7.jpg

Let's tax the rich more!

25sncw3.jpg

TJ was also in favor of a HEFTY inheritance tax to prevent the accumulation of wealth at the top that we now see
Horseshit. Completely untrue.

Jefferson advocated for the abolition of primogeniture. He did not advocate an inheritance tax.

End the Federal Reserve. Problem solved.

Central economic planning be a central bank is socialism.

Thank socialism for the wage inequality. It's designed to fail.

What's so funny, Toddster?

Here are the facts. We have a planned economy. We have inflationism. We have central economic planning by a central bank. We have a belief in deficit financing. We have a welfare state. It is so far removed from free-market capitalism that it’s foolish for people to label it as such.

It's designed to reward the rich and destroy the middle class.

If you want to contest any part of that, I'll be in the neighborbood.

The main problem we have as the electorate is a lack of understanding of definitions of what kind of policies we actually have.

If you say free-markets and capitalism together, no, we don't have that, we have Keynesianism. Which is nothing more than a socialist monetary policy where the government tells the market what to do instead of the other way around like the Framers intended where the market tells the government what to do.

What's so funny, Toddster?

Here are the facts. We have a planned economy. We have inflationism. We have central economic planning by a central bank. We have a belief in deficit financing. We have a welfare state. It is so far removed from free-market capitalism that it’s foolish for people to label it as such.

It's designed to reward the rich and destroy the middle class.

If you want to contest any part of that, I'll be in the neighborbood.

You're funny.

You think the poor and middle class would benefit if the Fed went away tomorrow? How?

Be as specific as you can.

Interesting idea. It would end a lot of debt and funding issues

Consider

US wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90%

The top 1/10 of one per cent own almost 25% of the nation's wealth

That's the same amount of wealth as the bottom NINETY PER CENT of the county

In that light a 2% wealth tax isn't that outrageous

I haven't checked the numbers but I have read that it could provide 30 trillion dollars over 10 years.

Health care

Education

Green New Deal
What are you going to do when all of "other peoples money" runs out and the system collapses under massive debt?
I have plenty of ammo for that day, when lazy ass liberals start to starve they do shit like burn cities. That is when it is open season....
Think The Walking Dead with IPhones

Forum List

Back