The lunacy of electric cars

When EV vehicles are dependent and ready there will be a market for them but that's not at this time. That being said watching big oil companies falter isn't a bad thing. But the time is not now. Time will tell

actually those freezes shut down the windmills, the pipelines worked just fine.
They shut down electricity in tx.

Do you actually think oil just flooooooows through he pipeline without pumping?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't blame Biden for that...I blamed an overzealous green energy movement in Texas...and I was right to do so...how embarrassing that an oil rich state like Texas could grind to a halt because it got cold....
No, you blamed Biden.

WHEN

You should have been blaming yourself and the government of Texas.

No, you blamed Biden.

WHEN

You should have been blaming yourself and the government of Texas.
So I and the Texas government started the failing green energy movement??? are you kidding?....

The Model 3 is the cheapest Tesla and is nearly the same size as a Civic. It was as close a comparison that could be made.

Tesla brings absolutely nothing to the market but a diaphanous "cool" factor, nothing more.

Electric cars are in no way cost effective.

I mean why not compare the honda civic to a bugatti when it comes to fuel economy while you're at it? No one is making an argument that a Tesla is cost effective as far as the actual cost of the car, especially considering your example and the fact that many used ICE cars can be had for as little as under 2k. I'm simply pointing out that charging can be cheaper than gas, and the cost of replacing the battery may be over 20k, but that's not necessarily the amount you would have to pay if you bring it somewhere else besides Tesla.

Tesla was the first car to bring auto pilot to the market, it's got cameras all over the car for sentry mode, it's got an heavy duty hepa filtration system, it's got an app for controlling aspects of your car, getting live updates from sentry mode and it receives over the air updates. The model 3 is also the safest car in the world. It's not a cheap econo car like your civic, but that's why you get what you pay for.

Its amazing how ignorant the EV advocates are about basic science and energy. They seem to think that an EV just runs forever without any input of any kind. If they get beyond that they think the recharging is free and doesn't require additional generating capacity. Ignorance abounds on the left, they prove it every day.
EVs will reduce carbon emissions dramatically, and nobody I know is ignorant about the costs involved. The problem is the distance traveled before recharging, and that problem will be resolved in time. There are businesses that are starting to offer free recharging on their campuses to employees. Be patient, my friend. Rome wasn't built in a day.

EVs have more mess than oil changes or leaks, like expensive batteries only lasting 10 years or so and costing $10k.
Fuel is not transported through wires for EVs, but by coal trucks delivering it to the power plant.
Internal combustion engines have lots of moving parts, but they generally last 250,000 miles, while electric motors burn out at least twice as quickly.
Fueling up in your driveway is a disadvantage, since it is when you are far from home that you need to refuel.
With cold weather, rain, and at night, most EVs drop down to a range of only 100 miles or so.
Oil spills are better than battery fires.
The EV pollution is not in traffic areas, but much more concentrated where the power plants are.
Internal combustion has a much wider range of energy sources because they can use bio-fuels like ethanol, hydrogen, or palm oil.

The best EV gets the equivalent of 29 mpg in emissions, while my VW gets 40 mpg.
Good points. :)

Development is coming along nicely. And, when the dumbass doper hippies finally get ignored and we start building the cleanest and best energy source for electricity generation, nuke plants, the cost of hydrogen becomes cheaper than fossil fuels. And you get to keep your 450 hp Hemi as an option, no massive retooling of assembly lines needed, no inane Teachable Moments from the Elon Musks and Al Gore scam artists.
"Houston, we have a storage problem."

In addition, any sugarplum ideas of plants in the Midwest will have to adjust to their solar competitors, as Homo sapiens slowly realizes that (Chinese) lithium recycling in the U.S. is a choice right now, though will be a necessity in the future:

'If the Chinese "century" does indeed start around 2030, it is unlikely to last long, ending perhaps sometime around 2050, when the impact of global warming becomes unmanageable. With its main financial center at Shanghai flooded and its agricultural heartland baking in insufferable heat, China's days as a global power are numbered.'
(McCoy, To Govern the Globe, p. 312)

Good points. :)
No. As lithium recycling gains momentum, it should begin to dawn on Homo sapiens' stupid ass, that batteries should be universalized to fit all vehicles, made modular so that the frailest of elderly females can exchange their spent module for a charged one at battery vending stations. Right now, all H. sapiens victim-scapegoats are pre-castrated or clitorectomzied due to arrogant, schizoid capitalist-think design.

I'm dumb but you can't tell us why?...just like Trump's a crook but you can't tell us why....you are a moron....and you are what is wrong with America....
Tump is a corrupt individual and you can tell us why, so there is no need for anybody to discuss it more, since it has been discussed ad nausea.

Tump is a corrupt individual and you can tell us why, so there is no need for anybody to discuss it more, since it has been discussed ad nausea.
Nice try...not one lib that says he is corrupt has been able to tell me why they say that including you now....you are in good company...a company of fools....

Nice try...not one lib that says he is corrupt has been able to tell me why they say that including you now....you are in good company...a company of fools....
Yo genius.

President Trump's legacy of corruption, four years and 3700 ...
https://www.citizensforethics.org › crew-reports › presi...

Jan 15, 2021 — Trump's administration was marked by self-interest, profiteering at the highest levels and more than 3700 conflicts of interest.

Juan Williams: The toxic legacy of Trump's corruption | The Hill
https://thehill.com › opinion › white-house › 571807-ju...

Sep 13, 2021 — Public corruption was out in the open during Trump's administration, with people looking to reach into the government's wallet staying at ...

Confronting the Cost of Trump's Corruption to American Families
https://www.americanprogress.org › article › confrontin...

Jun 4, 2018 — Trump has created a culture of corruption, where it's expected that those with public power will wield it for private gain. And this culture has ...
Of course, you and your ilk will deny, deny, deny because that is all you have----denial.

Yo genius.

President Trump's legacy of corruption, four years and 3700 ...
https://www.citizensforethics.org › crew-reports › presi...
Jan 15, 2021 — Trump's administration was marked by self-interest, profiteering at the highest levels and more than 3700 conflicts of interest.

Juan Williams: The toxic legacy of Trump's corruption | The Hill
https://thehill.com › opinion › white-house › 571807-ju...
Sep 13, 2021 — Public corruption was out in the open during Trump's administration, with people looking to reach into the government's wallet staying at ...

Confronting the Cost of Trump's Corruption to American Families
https://www.americanprogress.org › article › confrontin...

Jun 4, 2018 — Trump has created a culture of corruption, where it's expected that those with public power will wield it for private gain. And this culture has ...
Of course, you and your ilk will deny, deny, deny because that is all you have----denial.
Any moron can find anti Trump fake news on the censored internet....but it won't convince me...don't you libs know Trump's crimes by heart?....none of you can tell us what they are in your own words....you clickbait fool....

Forum List

Back