To all those Saying it's ok for the feds to mandate a vaccine

The feds are mandating vaccines for workforces as part of their ability to regulate workplace safety.

Not sure what schools have to do with it, but just to say that vaccine mandates are hardly new. Those state laws have to be constitutional too you know.
Vaccines aren't vaccines....and fuck they are now recommending boosters as early as 28 days following the 2nd dose of the "vaccines"....shit don't work, and is often dangerous.

Because
1. Vaccines make you highly resistant, but not immune. Breakthrough cases can still kill you, though not nearly as often.
2. The more unvaccinated people catch it, the more a chance there is of another variant—Omega, maybe—that is even nastier than Delta, and then we start all over, maybe with millions dead this time.

Bonus!
3. There are a lot of people I like who are unvaccinated, and I don't particularly want any of them to get sick and die.

1) All other vaccinations in the past have prevented one from contracting the disease it was supposed to vaccinate against.
2) The current mRNA "vaccination" does not prevent one from contracting and spreading the disease. This is well known fact.
3) With this sort of virus, the more people who can contract it, the more likely there will be variants.

Bonus!
4) If the vaccine doesn't work, and appears to have a 0.05% mortality rate, compared to a 0.0001% mortality rate for children, why require children under 16 years of age get it?

Keep in mind, with polio (I know this one because my mother talked about the disease extensively since she was a child during that era), the children were at most risk, older folks hardly at all, which is why they insisted on kids getting that vaccine, which underwent over 10 years of trials before becoming highly recommended for school age children.

1) All other vaccinations in the past have prevented one from contracting the disease it was supposed to vaccinate against.

Not true. The flu vaccine often time is only 40-60% effective. Small pox about 95%. Measles 97%. Same for Tetanus. Polio is about 99%. Others are 100% effective. I have no idea what the point is. Do the COVID vaccines greatly help your likelihood of not getting sick? Yes. Seriously ill, absolutely, death, no doubt.

A vaccine that didn't work at all was one developed for the Spanish flu. Complete failure and even the United States surgeon general had his doubts and it never came to be. Mostly even though we didn't have a lot of regulation around testing and vaccines the government realized it was a failure and didn't move forward with it. Compared to today where rigorous testing and studies by multiple entities have proven the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine. However you choose to get your news from gatewaypundit, aceofspades or whatever dumbass shit you consume and ignore where people who are professionals in the medical and science communities go to to present their findings. It's completely 100% political for you and it's corrupting your ability to use common sense.

2) The current mRNA "vaccination" does not prevent one from contracting and spreading the disease. This is well known fact.
What rock are you living under?

Yesterday in the New England Journal of Medicine, two more studies confirmed high rates of vaccine effectiveness (VE), even against severe disease, and the vaccines' potential to prevent disease transmission.
The VE study used a test-negative design to look at COVID-19 vaccination in US adults 50 years and older, calculating a VE of 89% against COVID hospitalization, 90% against COVID-related intensive care unit (ICU) admission, and 91% against COVID-related emergency department (ED) or urgent care clinic (UCC) visits.
The second study suggested that, among Scottish households with a fully vaccinated healthcare worker, COVID infection risk dropped 54% for the other households members compared with households whose healthcare workers remained unvaccinated.

People who are fully vaccinated against covid-19 are far less likely to infect others, despite the arrival of the delta variant, several studies show. The findings refute the idea, which has become common in some circles, that vaccines no longer do much to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
“They absolutely do reduce transmission,” says Christopher Byron Brooke at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. “Vaccinated people do transmit the virus in some cases, but the data are super crystal-clear that the risk of transmission for a vaccinated individual is much, much lower than for an unvaccinated individual.”

3) With this sort of virus, the more people who can contract it, the more likely there will be variants.

Yes. which means it's best not to get it in the first place. It's why you should still wear a mask in public and get vaccinated as both methods help to prevent the spread. Not rocket science, not by any stretch.

Bonus!
4) If the vaccine doesn't work,

It does work.
and appears to have a 0.05% mortality rate, compared to a 0.0001% mortality rate for children, why require children under 16 years of age get it?

And we'll have over 1 million dead people soon enough. Not to mention what long haul COVID does to some of the 'survivors'. Children spread COVID that's why they are being vaccinated now. And yes, as per my links above vaccinated people spread COVID to a much, much lesser extent.

Keep in mind, with polio (I know this one because my mother talked about the disease extensively since she was a child during that era), the children were at most risk, older folks hardly at all, which is why they insisted on kids getting that vaccine, which underwent over 10 years of trials before becoming highly recommended for school age children.
Guess what disease this generation of people will be talking about in the future.

Polio spread differently. You didn't see kids spreading it to adults like we see happening with COVID. Duh.

Last edited:
The government very constitutionally passed a law back in 1970 that created OSHA, and gave it the power to do exactly this.

Really? And now you're going to cite us the law that allows OSHA to require employers to enforce vaccine mandates, rather than expecting us to accept your "It sounds legitimate to me!" point of view.

Because
1. Vaccines make you highly resistant, but not immune. Breakthrough cases can still kill you, though not nearly as often.
2. The more unvaccinated people catch it, the more a chance there is of another variant—Omega, maybe—that is even nastier than Delta, and then we start all over, maybe with millions dead this time.

Bonus!
3. There are a lot of people I like who are unvaccinated, and I don't particularly want any of them to get sick and die.

And you figure "I like you, therefore I am going to override your personal decisions about your health to what I think you should be doing" is actually a valid option?

Do any of these people like YOU?

CDC says there have been 45.6 million cases. About 740,000 deaths out of 45.6 million cases is a mortality rate of 1.62%. I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers.

Even if we discount everyone 17 and younger, the US has an adult population of about 210 million. That means only about 21% of the adult population has caught it. If we all had, the numbers of dead would likely be two million or more.

And, of course, every single person who has caught it has been tested and logged by the CDC. There are no people whatsoever who were infected and didn't get reported to the authorities for whatever reason. *eye roll*

Article I, Section 8, Clause 3.

Here's the text of Article 1, Section 8. Maybe you could highlight for us the part you think gives them this power.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; To borrow money on the credit of the United States; To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes; To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States; To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures; To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States; To establish post offices and post roads; To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries; To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court; To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations; To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water; To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years; To provide and maintain a navy; To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces; To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions; To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof."

They weren't wrong either time. The federal government cannot *force* everyone to take the jab, so no goon squads holding you down and sticking you with it, and they can't fine or arrest you for refusing it. Your Governor, however, might be able to—it's a power left to the States, so check your State Constitution.

This mandate is from the federal government's power to regulate commerce, which is why it only affects people through their work.

"It's not force if they're not actually holding you down and sticking you! There's no force about taking your job if you don't comply!"

Your non sequitur about "Well, your governor might be able to, so THERE!" is ignored as the irrelevancy that it is.

Please explain to me the link you imagine you see between demanding that I get vaccinated to go into work and interstate commerce.

Forum List

Back