What arms do we need to take the government back?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

We don't all agree that the second amendment defines our right to keep and bear arms, we don't all agree that a "well regulated militia" isn't a militia encumbered by regulation, and we don't all agree that "shall not be infringed" really means just that. This thread is not meant to debate the intent of the second amendment, but rather to debate which arms are needed if we are to over power and take back a tyrannical government.

Regardless of your beliefs, ideology, or opinions of what the second ammendment are, please list what arms you think we would need as private citizens if we were to assemble militias to overpower and take back a tyrannical federal government if this hypothetical event were to occur. Would we need more than millions of ar15 owners? Do we need baseball bats and metal garbage can lids? What do you think we would need?
The arms private citizens need to overpower a tyrannical government

1. The vote
2. A Free Press
3. The right of assembly
4. Freedom of Speech

It has worked for 230 years

And to have all those rights we need:

- Right to bear arms.

We have never needed arms to protect our freedoms and our vote

EVER
Maybe we haven't needed arms because we already have them.

When we don't have them is when we will need them

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
230 years and we have never needed guns to regulate government
Not even close

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

We don't all agree that the second amendment defines our right to keep and bear arms, we don't all agree that a "well regulated militia" isn't a militia encumbered by regulation, and we don't all agree that "shall not be infringed" really means just that. This thread is not meant to debate the intent of the second amendment, but rather to debate which arms are needed if we are to over power and take back a tyrannical government.

Regardless of your beliefs, ideology, or opinions of what the second ammendment are, please list what arms you think we would need as private citizens if we were to assemble militias to overpower and take back a tyrannical federal government if this hypothetical event were to occur. Would we need more than millions of ar15 owners? Do we need baseball bats and metal garbage can lids? What do you think we would need?

1. The vote
2. A Free Press
3. The right of assembly
4. Freedom of Speech

- Right to bear arms.

EVER

Not even close
230 Years is not that long of a time

What arms do we need to take the government back?

Quit voting for the Duopoly.

Use your right arm to quit voting for the same old same old

Last edited:

1. The vote
2. A Free Press
3. The right of assembly
4. Freedom of Speech

- Right to bear arms.

EVER

Not even close

One of the longest continuous forms of government on earth
Our Constitution is copied around the world

- Right to bear arms.

EVER

Not even close

Hardly the longest

You need to study history and the factors that cause the decline of civilizations

Our government is corrupt and owned by the few not the many

You like most are too naive to see that

EVER

Not even close

Hardly the longest

You need to study history and the factors that cause the decline of civilizations

He would rather lie that fighting unarmed is as effective as fighting with guns.

It's going to be quite some time until he even tries to seek out the truth.

You wouldn't need any weapon if you wanted to violently take over the government.

What you will need is either a coffin or urn.

The minute you try to fire a weapon at our government or military, you're dead.

If you actually believe your little weapon is any match against the best military in the word I have some ocean front land in Oklahoma to sell you.

In the event of this hypothetical scenario, you wouldn't stand a chance against tanks, jets, nuclear weapons, and the greatest military in the world.

You just like to play with guns.

"Pew pew, I'm gonna take down the government."
70055158-little-boy-with-water-gun.jpg

This must be some type of lib fetish. They get a sense of arousal when they see a man with a gun and a mullet.

EVER

Not even close

Hardly the longest

It would be so simple to get a good start--with campaigns funded solely by taxes, no PACS, no fund raising by parties. Every candidate gets an equal amount of $ and advertising credit. It wouldn't stop all corruption, but getting the money out of politics would be a huge first step.

You wouldn't need any weapon if you wanted to violently take over the government.

What you will need is either a coffin or urn.

The minute you try to fire a weapon at our government or military, you're dead.

If you actually believe your little weapon is any match against the best military in the word I have some ocean front land in Oklahoma to sell you.
This is obviously a reply to post 146

It was never a notion. If the time ever comes when is becomes necessary, your nonsense won't stop it.

Right now, we have other means to affect change. These means we have been using for centuries. They suffice.

Make no mistake. The second exists because of redcoats (traitors) who put government ahead of people. King George learned that lesson.

We will remain vigilant and demand we have the same level of arms that our government has. Just as they did in 1770+.

The second makes no mention of armed insurrection against the government

Instead, the Constitution has provisions so that such an insurrection will never be necessary
No, the 2nd is the guarantee against it. In the Declaration of Independence, the founders gave us the foundation for when men must rise up against an unjust government.

Here, I thought you were versed in our founding. Now I find you lack even the most basic understanding for why we broke away from England.

We broke away from England because we lacked the freedoms to overthrow a tyrannical government without armed rebellion

The Civil Rights movement proved we do not need guns
the civil rights movement was about securing civil rights for all,not taking back a tyrannical government.....

It fought tyrannical government without firing a shot

a second american revolution
you had better look up the meaning of what a tyrannical govt is...

Not even close

Hardly the longest

It would be so simple to get a good start--with campaigns funded solely by taxes, no PACS, no fund raising by parties. Every candidate gets an equal amount of $ and advertising credit. It wouldn't stop all corruption, but getting the money out of politics would be a huge first step.
Nope I'm not paying for for anyone to run for office

Put a hard cap on money that can be collected and spent by wannabe politicians and stop all the billions of dollars of soft money that the DNC and RNC collect

Remove the tax deduction for political parties and organizations

But don't assume that the corruption begins and ends at the campaign level.

Corruption runs deep

The second makes no mention of armed insurrection against the government

Instead, the Constitution has provisions so that such an insurrection will never be necessary
No, the 2nd is the guarantee against it. In the Declaration of Independence, the founders gave us the foundation for when men must rise up against an unjust government.

Here, I thought you were versed in our founding. Now I find you lack even the most basic understanding for why we broke away from England.

We broke away from England because we lacked the freedoms to overthrow a tyrannical government without armed rebellion

The Civil Rights movement proved we do not need guns
the civil rights movement was about securing civil rights for all,not taking back a tyrannical government.....

It fought tyrannical government without firing a shot

a second american revolution
you had better look up the meaning of what a tyrannical govt is...

The Jim Crow South was a tyrannical government. They were worse than England in the Revolutionary War

If you want to take back government, no amount of guns will help you

Your vote will
What exactly would votes change in a tyrannical government if a tyrannical government were to actually allow a vote? Do you think they would "count" enough votes against themselves and then surrender? Do you even understand what a tyrannical government is? Your posts throughout this thread suggest that you are completely ignorant of what a tyrannical government even is.

If you want to take back government, no amount of guns will help you

Your vote will
What exactly would votes change in a tyrannical government if a tyrannical government were to actually allow a vote? Do you think they would "count" enough votes against themselves and then surrender? Do you even understand what a tyrannical government is? Your posts throughout this thread suggest that you are completely ignorant of what a tyrannical government even is.

We have managed not to have a tyrannical government because we have the right to vote and a free press. Do you believe we are in danger of losing those things?

Forum List

Back